Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah Designs (2018-)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah Designs (2018-)

Post by master_of_monsters »

Living Corpse wrote:
tbeasley wrote:The 'grounded, realistic' approach of G2014 is a bit overplayed by some people anyway, there's a crazy scene in that move where they talk about radioactive ecosystems and giant parasites with EMP attacks. If they can be hand wavy about a nuclear powered dinosaur, they can do the same with a huge telepathic moth, a 3 headed space dragon and a supersonic flying pteranodon.
OH MY GOD THIS 1000X!

We're getting a giant moth goddess of peace and world destroying alien that looks like a hydra/dragon and a super sonic pterodactyl. And we got EMP parasite. If anything Legendary is taking few films to escalate into balls to the wall than Toho's first few Godzilla movie. At least Gojira only had Gojira, we already got 3 monsters in the first flick, and Ghidorah took 5 films to show up in GTTHM, we might get Ghidorah by movie 2.
and then theres kong
your source of self destruction

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Why does people hate the Wyvern kind of wings?
I mean do you guys really want ghidorah's ''plate'' like wings?
those darn things dosn't even look like capable of taking off and fly''

man Im glad they didn't use the plate wings, hard to believe i made that comment 4 years ago

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

As I repeatedly told the same people now praising the movie, Ghidorah would have looked hilarious if they kept the Showa style wings and therefore it would not happen. At least there's one area of this movie where I'm glad I was right again.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I’m perfectly fine with Ghidorah’s wyvern method of walking. Keep in mind that, outside of GMK, Ghidorah almost never actually walks. He flies up, lands in one spot, and fights there. So walking was always going to be the area where they had the most creative license.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

There were several other ways to make ghidra's wings look good without resorting to the usual bat wing type look. one would've been to have multiple single-fingered wings with membrane between them; so there's muscular support

I like ghidra in this movie, just felt a bit of a 'safe' route
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

LockBite wrote:I’m perfectly fine with Ghidorah’s wyvern method of walking. Keep in mind that, outside of GMK, Ghidorah almost never actually walks. He flies up, lands in one spot, and fights there. So walking was always going to be the area where they had the most creative license.
He walks in his original film appearance, though.
Omegamorph wrote:There were several other ways to make ghidra's wings look good without resorting to the usual bat wing type look. one would've been to have multiple single-fingered wings with membrane between them; so there's muscular support

I like ghidra in this movie, just felt a bit of a 'safe' route
You know, I sort of agree, as much as I love the design they settled on. I think the sort of classic wings have a distinctly alien look. I think they could have played up the alien aesthetic more. The MonsterVerse Ghidorah looks like a being of earth, based on the others. The concept art felt more alien as well.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol: