The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
SpaceG92
Keizer

The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by SpaceG92 »

Copypasta thread. If someone asks a question and you don't feel like typing a long list of what to do, then just grab something below and quote it or something. I was thinking of a thread like this earlier, but I never got around to it, and I don't think we have a dedicated thread for this and it seem's like a good idea. If I miss anything, let me know and I'll try and add it.

Please try and re-frame from posting what was already posted before. If you find a mistake or if something is outdated, please make it known here.

If a moderator/admin see's fit to lock/delete this thread then go ahead, otherwise I kindly ask if you sticky this, so it doesn't get buried and to make sure it stands out for new members.
For a list of how to do certain BBC codes implemented on this forum site, please refer to the below url, or use This Link
"How do I post an image? Can I upload an image from my computer?"
SpaceG92 wrote:No. You cannot upload images from your computer to the Tohokingdom forums. You need 50 posts on the forum first before you are able to post an image. This is to cut down on spamming.

To upload an image, you need to upload them to an image hosting website like Photobucke or Postimg or even along the lines of DeviantArt or Facebook. After uploading the image, you need to get the "Image Url". Most image hosting websites already have this ready next to the image however, if it does not. You just need to "Right Click" the image and select "Copy Image Url". Then go back to your Tohokingdom post, and simply right click and then select "Paste". You should get a url link. All you need to do now is to use the [img] or [pic] tags around the url, and then submit! You should have an image.
"I can't post in the Fantasy Match thread? Why is this?"
SpaceG92 wrote:You need to apply via the member group in order to post in there. To do so, just follow the below;

->Go to the User Control Panel
-From there, you can see several tabs. Those being "Overview, Profile, Preferences, PMs, Usergroups, and Friends and Foes"
->Click on "Usergroups"
-You are now in the "User Groups" page. Find and select the one called "Fantasy Matches" and then use the Select Button and go from there.
-Mind you, you need to wait for a moderator/admin approval first.
"Why is this User's name Red or Green?"
SpaceG92 wrote:A Red username means that specific member is an Administrator. Green means that user is a Moderator.
"Why do some Users have a glowing different colored names and are flashy?"
SpaceG92 wrote:This is a novelty feature implemented by a former Administrator. This is something called the "Radioactive Button". Clicking a randomly colored "Radioactive Trefoil Symbol". Clicking this will refresh the page and depending on the color of the Trefoil, you username will be that specific color for a variant time until someone else finds and clicks that color. You can click multiple colors, but you will only keep the most recent clicked color. Note, you need to have Java script enabled to see and to properly click this. You can turn this feature off in the "Board Preferences" and the tab "Edit Display Options" tab in your "User Control Panel" and un-check "Display Flash Animations and Novelty Features."
"Why do I see certain words as "Skreeonk?"
SpaceG92 wrote:This is the boards default censorship. It will automatically censor swears and profanities by defualt. You can disable this in "Board Preferences" and the tab "Edit Display Options" then un-check "Enable word Censoring".
"Can I ignore people?"
SpaceG92 wrote:Yes, in a way you can. You need to go to your "Board Preferences" and the tab "Friends & Foes", then select the "Foes". Either enter in the User's names, or click the ""Find a Member" button and select the member. Then select "Submit". From now on, this member's posts will be hidden from you and will display a "This post is hidden" message if you come across a post from this member. Mind you, if someone quotes a message from him, it will still show up. You can undo this at anytime by removing him from the list.
Are there image signature guidelines?
Yes there is, your best bet is to check out Forum Signature Guidelines Thread or check the Forum Rules and Guidelines.
"Why do some users have different colored names? Like red, green and blue?"
SpaceG92 wrote:They are part of special forum user groups, each of which corresponds with a color. Red for Forum Administrators. Green for Forum Moderators. Blue for Site staff. These 3 make up The team. Keep in mind, that is if the users of the site staff have a forum account.

You can also view different user rank colors in the "Legend" area on the bottom of forum index (main page). From there you can select each usergroup and view the users in each group.
Resized Image
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by Chris55 »

Added one. Also, it's "refrain" not "re-frame" :)

"There's a Toho Kingdom WEBSITE?"

Yes, the forum is just a small section of Toho Kingdom.com. There's a link to the site in the upper right corner called "Main Site"
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

I've seen these come up a couple times, so why not.

"I recently made a post that now is missing. Where did it go? What happened?"
Don't be too scared if this happens. This is because either a mod or admin has deleted it for any variety of reasons, though the most common are because it may break some kind of forum rule or is considered spam. It may happen to you a couple times during your stay here, so don't get too freaked out if this happens. Otherwise, you simply forgot to post or there as an error.
"I've noticed some members have /pb/ next to their names. Why is this?"
/pb/ stands for Perma-banned, meaning they have been banned from the site. Sometimes it is only a temporary ban though, but we currently only have /pb/ in place for showing that the user is banned. Don't worry, you shouldn't be banned from the site, unless you keep breaking the set rules.

A short while ago these forums migrated servers, so now this feature is no longer present on the forums.
"I've noticed an image i've posted seems rather large. Is there a way to resize the image?"
There is a way to resize images in the forum. Instead of using the typical tags, you use [pic=] x(a number)[/pic].
You insert the image URL after the = sign, and you add any dimension after the x. Here is an example of how this tag could look in your post before it's posted:
Resized Image
When this feature was first implemented, you were required to add dimensions for both the length and width, but now it is only required for one. If you are unsure of how big the image is with any size changes you may make, preview the post each time until it reaches a size you feel is acceptable.
"I've noticed some people have unique ranks. How do I get a custom rank?"
In order to receive a custom rank, you must be a member for at least one year and have at least 1,000 posts. Only then will you be able to get a custom rank through the user control panel.
As with the /pb/, this feature was also lost when these forums migrated servers.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I think this would be good to put in here.

"How do I get an avatar?"
To get an avatar, you must go to the User Control Panel, and click on "Profile". Then click on "Edit Avatar". After that, post the link of the image you want as your avatar. If the picture is bigger than the maximum dimensions allowed, the picture will shrink to meet the dimensions.
"How do I get a signature?
To get a signature, just do the same thing you would do to get an avatar, except click on "Edit Siganture" and paste/type what you want. There's a 500 character limit.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The first post's section regarding images is still kind of fuddled. Like above, I see new members using the wrong tags.

The [img] tags are used for posting images, plain and simple. Copy and paste your URL in-between the tags like so:

[img]URL[/img]

However, if you want to post an image in a certain size, that's where the [pic] tags come in.

Here's how to work them:

Resized Image

Also, I'm pretty sure you need 50 posts before you can use these tags, but I recently saw a member with around 17-20 posts using them, so I'm not sure if this rule is still implemented or not.

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

Thanks I didn't even realize I posted in this thread.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Dannybeane wrote:Thanks I didn't even realize I posted in this thread.
No problem. :)

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Resized Image
Side note, but now you can resize an image using the width OR the height. You do not need to to use both.

Alright, now some more questions that may be useful here:

"I've noticed I have one new message. What does this mean?"
When the section near the top of the screen that normally says 0 new messages displays a number, this means that somebody - or multiple people - have sent you a PM. A PM is a Private Message. These are messages you can send to users that no other users will see other than yourself and whoever you've sent it to. You click the area that states how many new messages you have to view these messages.
"How many messages can I save before I have to delete some of them?"
You can store a maximum of 50 messages in each folder you have. You will always start off with one folder, but you can add up to 4 additional folders to allow you to save a maximum total of 250 total messages. To create a new folder, you must follow these steps:
-Click on your inbox
-Find the button on the side which reads "Rules, folders & settings", and click it
-From here, you should be able to figure out how to add a folder.
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

Rallen16229
Yojimbo

Post by Rallen16229 »

Wait is the max 50? for images, I thought it was 25. I'm about to post a Preview for my Fan Kaiju card game and I desperately need the image feature working... if not, I guess I need to keep posting til it works
Creator of "Daikaiju Showdown" Fan Card Game

[border]Opinions are Like Assholes, Everyone's got em and they all stink!![/border]

[border]日本語の勉強中です!!!!
東宝王国の皆さん、頑張ってね!!! :)
[/border]

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Can I ask if I can change my username?

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

LegendZilla wrote:Can I ask if I can change my username?
Nope. There used to be a feature where you could change the capitalizations in your username, not fully change it, but that's gone.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

gigan72 wrote:
Nope. There used to be a feature where you could change the capitalizations in your username, not fully change it, but that's gone.
That sucks. The users here deserve that right.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
gigan72 wrote:
Uhhh, no. That's fucking stupid. Do you have any idea how confusing that would be?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
gigan72 wrote: Nope. There used to be a feature where you could change the capitalizations in your username, not fully change it, but that's gone.
Uhhh, no. That's skreeonking stupid. Do you have any idea how confusing that would be?
You're allowed to change your username on Deviantart, so would it be the end of the world if the same applied to here?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: You're allowed to change your username on Deviantart, so would it be the end of the world if the same applied to here?
The hell does DeviantArt have to do with anything? That's not a forum, it's a place for people to upload artwork. That is a terrible comparison.

If you allowed users on this forum to change their username so often not only would that encourage idiots and children to change their names to the latest meme every week, it would probably cause a fair share of login problems and identity crises because nobody would have any idea who anyone would be.

This isn't an RPG forum, it's a place to discuss Godzilla and other Toho related stuff. There is absolutely no need to change your username at all.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

UltramanGoji wrote:There is absolutely no need to change your username at all.
I want to change mine to just "The Octopus".

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gulp.

So I have a question, does your warning level ever go down? Like every year? I have only one warning, so im curious.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Does your warning level ever go down? Like every year?
I've heard both 272 days and 365 days after the respective warning was issued. Not sure which one is accurate.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Does your warning level ever go down? Like every year?
I've heard both 272 days and 365 days after the respective warning was issued. Not sure which one is accurate.
Oh, that sounds reasonable
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos