What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Post by KlenSeven »

Israha wrote:I've just got Dark Horse's Godzilla: Age of Monsters, and I'm quite dissapointed. Thought it contains all 16 issues, but not. Does it mean that issues 5-16 were never released as a TPB?
You're looking for "Godzilla: Past, Present, and Future"

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/47-551/ ... Future-TPB

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

I'm considering picking these up if anyone can tell me anything about them...are they pic heavy? I don't read Japanese, so I'm mainly looking for behind the scenes pics or pics of stuff I haven't seen before. Thanks!

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

^ I was considering the first one on the list, but ebirahsmeg was able to flip through a copy and by his estimation its a skip. I'm not familiar with the other two.
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Just thumbed through it at a bookstore last night....I recommend passing on it. Interesting stills of various minature work, but *very* few Godzilla related photos (the MG cover is a bit disingenuous)

Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tatsunoshi »

Ayame has all three, and they're all text heavy. If you read Japanese, the 365 Days book is amazing. The other two actually have a good amount of smaller photos in color and b/w. The first one, though, features mostly war films and military vehicles-the only kaiju I saw in a quick look was King Caesar. Ayame has the second one with her, I'm assuming the kaiju quotient goes up in that.
Last edited by Tatsunoshi on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

I just ordered the Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 1993 Poster made by Noryoshi Ohrai. It looks awesome!
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

KlenSeven wrote:^ I was considering the first one on the list, but ebirahsmeg was able to flip through a copy and by his estimation its a skip. I'm not familiar with the other two.
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Just thumbed through it at a bookstore last night....I recommend passing on it. Interesting stills of various minature work, but *very* few Godzilla related photos (the MG cover is a bit disingenuous)
Yup, I cannot recommend volume 1 nor volume 2. Very disappointing and an easy pass on both.

Hybrid Gojira wrote: Image
Ditto on this one as well....just thumbed through it as a local bookstore the other day....book is 90% text with very few stills.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:
KlenSeven wrote:^ I was considering the first one on the list, but ebirahsmeg was able to flip through a copy and by his estimation its a skip. I'm not familiar with the other two.
Yup, I cannot recommend volume 1 nor volume 2. Very disappointing and an easy pass on both.

Ditto on this one as well....just thumbed through it as a local bookstore the other day....book is 90% text with very few stills.
Thanks for the info!

Here are my latest purchases over the last few months:

The newest Hobby Japan Kiryu/Godzilla book. This is an awesome book with tons of new photos, including pics of the Godzilla 54 suit they used in the film.

The Godzilla 84 book is excellent. The two Kiryu books below are good, though the newest book pictured above is better IMO.

I got the Godzilla Pictorial books based on the recommendations here (thanks Eb and Klen), and these are incredible.

This Ultraman book is awesome - highly recommended if you are a fan of the original series. It is loaded with pics.

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Hybrid Gojira wrote:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Here are my latest purchases over the last few months:

The newest Hobby Japan Kiryu/Godzilla book. This is an awesome book with tons of new photos, including pics of the Godzilla 54 suit they used in the film.

The Godzilla 84 book is excellent. The two Kiryu books below are good, though the newest book pictured above is better IMO.

I got the Godzilla Pictorial books based on the recommendations here (thanks Eb and Klen), and these are incredible.

This Ultraman book is awesome - highly recommended if you are a fan of the original series. It is loaded with pics.

Can you take some pics of the inside of the Godzilla books? And also where did you buy them?

Added in 9 minutes 7 seconds:
I recently got these books on ebay:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Recently received the Art of Shin Godzilla book ...
Spoiler:
Must admit, I'm slightly~ disappointed. Was hoping for way more art of Shin himself, especially for how absolutely huge it is, but unfortunately most of the best shots were posted online before my copy arrived. I guess there's only so much concept artwork you can create for essentially 1 monster. Tons of photos of the sets with so many green screens, and of course coverage of the CGI of Shin. Plenty of short interviews thrown in, too, and I believe mentions of early versions of the script from as far back as 2013.

I do love how it came with a small book of the script, though. The whole presentation is incredible. Just not quite what I was expecting.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Can you take some pics of the inside of the Godzilla books? And also where did you buy them?

I'll have to take some pics later, but two of the books (the Ultraman and newest Kiryu book) were purchased from Amazon Japan since they were recently released and most of the others were purchased from Mandarake. I did snag one of the Pictorial books off of eBay because it was listed as brand new as opposed to being used.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Hybrid Gojira wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:Can you take some pics of the inside of the Godzilla books? And also where did you buy them?

I'll have to take some pics later, but two of the books (the Ultraman and newest Kiryu book) were purchased from Amazon Japan since they were recently released and most of the others were purchased from Mandarake. I did snag one of the Pictorial books off of eBay because it was listed as brand new as opposed to being used.
Okay, thanks!

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

This came today -Image

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Just picked this up at an antique place for a whole dollar. Very rarely find godzilla stuff on my antiquing trips. I used to sign this out of the library when I was a wee one. For $1 why not.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Not necessarily Toho, but since it's part of the monsterverse, I'll post it here.

I was at my local theater yesterday, and I saw that they had a brown box of free posters. I looked and didn't see anything, so I asked if they could reserves the K:SI poster for me. The guy said they have extras and pulled out an extra large kong theatrical poster and just gave it to me! It's really awesome.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Just ordered the novelization of Godzilla '14. Unfortunately it's not gonna get here until May 15th (funny since that's a day before the film's three year anniversary), but I'm super excited to read it!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Age of the Gods. I haven't been this excited for a purchase in a while. Extremely rare
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

I just bought a poster for Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla. This brings my new collection to 3. I now have a poster for the Showa Era, Heisei Era, and Legendary Series. Now onto the Millennium Era.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I've been looking around for Godzilla against Mechagodzilla poster online with no luck. Does anyone know where to find one?
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Bought a couple of new Godzilla shirts, a G14 one and a Godzilla vs King Ghidorah one.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Age of the Gods by Guy Mariner Tucker. It finally came in. I didn't even know what the cover looked like until it came in.

SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.