Monster Toy Spotlight #45: King Ghidorah/Mecha King Ghidorah (Heisei)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Monster Toy Spotlight #45: King Ghidorah/Mecha King Ghidorah (Heisei)

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Hello all! I've been chosen to host Monster Toy Spotlight #45!
I genuinely couldn't believe that ol' Heisei Ghidorah hadn't been taken yet! (I hope it hasn't o.o)

I have the Movie Monster Series pink tag King Ghidorah, and I asked for Mecha King Ghidorah for Christmas :P

MONSTER TOY SPOTLIGHT #45: KING GHIDORAH/MECHA KING GHIDORAH (HEISEI)
:gigan:

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #45: King Ghidorah/Mecha King Ghidorah (Heisei)

Post by Kaijunator »

I have the SHMA Heisei Ghidorah and the Green Tag MKG.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Pics please. I always wanted the Bandai Japan MKG, its a pretty sculpt kinda like the Marmit version.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^ i have that same MKG figure. Its awesome, a good gift from my cousin.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Love the Bandai MKG. I remember getting it for my birthday, along with Mechagodzilla 1974 and Destoroyah. Ghidorah's left head always popped off, but was easy to put back into place.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

My Heisei King Ghidorah figures:

Bandai 8 inch King Ghidorah

Although this holds some nostalgia value, I've never been really satisfied with this figure....I always felt it was a bit stiff and under-sized when in scale with the 8 inch Bandai Godzilla 91 & 93 figures. They basically just used the body of the early 80s Bandai Showa KG figure and put new head sculpts on it.

Bandai 8inch Mecha-King Ghidorah

A very nice, massive figure that is, imo, far superior to the regular KG 8inch Bandai figure.

SH Monster Arts Heisei KG
It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of the QC issues of this figure...the lower jaws of each mouth in particular are beyond frustrating.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

ILL GREEN wrote:Pics please. I always wanted the Bandai Japan MKG, its a pretty sculpt kinda like the Marmit version.

That is the one I have. Also I meant to say Godzilla Island MKG, not Green tag. It was my third Godzilla figure.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

You guys are lucky, been trying to find a decent price for the Bandai. Should've bought one when they were going for $65 but I thought I could find a cheaper one, instead they already up in the 3 figure range :(

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I actually got the pink tag version for about $25 back in 2012. Sadly I removed the tag, but I kept it so I just sit it next to the figure. :P
:gigan:

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

Got the Godzilla Island MKG recently, and it cost me about 19 bucks, shipping included. Near mint condition, tagged. So it's not always THAT expensive, you just gotta be patient and keep looking.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Israha wrote:Got the Godzilla Island MKG recently, and it cost me about 19 bucks, shipping included. Near mint condition, tagged. So it's not always THAT expensive, you just gotta be patient and keep looking.
$19? You're lucky. I had to pay around $32-40 for mine. Same one as your with the tag.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

SH Monster Arts Mecha-KIng Ghidorah (Fresh Vinyl)

GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)