The Bring Back MM And Jomei Thread (MODS. PLEASE READ BEFORE LOCKING)

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

To Unban Or Not To UnBan (NOTE: Votes for the area "Unban Jomei/MM will be ignored No Riggs)

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:26 pm

UnBan Jomei?
5%
Yay
20%
Undecided/Don't Really Care Either Way
9%
Nein
15%
UnBan MM?
2%
Yay
13%
Undecided/Don't Really Care Either Way
13%
Nein
24%

Total votes: 55

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

The Bring Back MM And Jomei Thread (MODS. PLEASE READ BEFORE LOCKING)

Post by g2vd »

Note: This thread is NOT intended to belittle or critique the Administration staff. or bring back the "Leak" incident let's leave that Ghost inside it's respective grave I am done with it and so should everyone else. it is also not a demand it is just simply made to present my and others reasoning on why Jomei or MM should or should not be Unbanned, either way it's just a simple poll nothing more and PLEASE READ FULLY. this is no different than the Wataru and Living Corpse polls of before which are FULLY LEGAL.

Simply put this thread has been constructed to put forth a case that I believe is valid. I believe that Jomei was banned Unfairly and for several reasons that go against the whole rule system especially a certain claim that comes to mind which I will talk about later so let's get it out of the way.

Every member that's been around for the last few years should generally know who Jomei is, Jomei as we all should know was a Ex Mod turned Admin until early 2015 where he resigned his position as Admin and returned to being a Normal and simple Member, until he was banned at the very beginning of 2016 during the Leak "Scandal". (Oh that hurt to write) at the time of his ban he had just got to his Third Warning before he was suddenly Perma-Banned because what he was doing was apparently "so major" it required bypassing the remaining 3 warnings, something like that has only been ever reserved for Trolls and I don't feel like Jomei was a troll. and as I remember several reasons were given out in order to explain why he was banned and I've taken the task of actually going back and reading through the Mammoth amount of threads a little bit to refresh myself on them now I'll start off.

Reason #1: Because Of What He Said On Other Sites.

I personally find the board to have too much spam related topics. Counting toward post counts or not, they do take up room on the database. If they aren't adding value, I see little merit.

That's not why I acted, though.

In this case it's the old tap and dance of drama happening outside of the forums. These types of occurrences have been going on for a decade at some level. I have gotten myself involved at times, and it's a dead end. This is outside of our domain, and trying to validate claims from outside of the boards is not something any of the forum staff should be expected to do.

If you find yourself the victim of cyber bullying, be proactive. Unfriend them on Facebook, stop frequenting other forums that they post on, block them from Skype, remove them from What's App... whatever you have to do to get out of that unpleasant situation. If that unpleasantness drifts onto the Toho Kingdom forums, though, the forum staff will act. And harshly, regardless of position of those involved.

Do not take this as me or anyone else here condoning the actions. Taken at face value, I have lost respect for the people involved in the bullying. Realize, though, that you aren't entitled to the forum staff acting on venues outside of the site. If you have an issue with a user, please send us a link to the thread where they are causing an issue. Do not send us a picture of a post on Facebook or a chat. We can not be expected to police users for actions done outside of our site. I have had people yell at me for this. I realize tensions are high, but you need to remove yourself from those venues or report it to the service where it's occurring.
The Rules specifically state that despite what another person may/has done somewhere else he cannot be Banned here for it. yet what Jomei said on another site that being Tumblr was in part responsible for him being Banned from the forums because of blah, blah and that's totally against the rules of regardless of what he said he MAY end up doing or could do the Mods cannot ban him for it, UNLESS he does do it here but yet it was a reason why he was banned and it's totally against the rules and really if you look back you can see he was mostly joking around.

And plus he was Minority Report Level banned.

Reason #2: Baseless Fear Mongering.

As we all know during the Leaks and stuff tons of Fear Mongering was thrown around by all manner of people saying that the leaks and people using edited pictures as avatars would destroy this site "Do you want to see everything every one ever did over the years get destroyed?!" and much hubab was made over Toho saying thanks for not having the stuff here. and really nothing came out of it Toho never killed or sued a site for people posting avatars or leaked pictures they never took any legal action what so ever for anything like that but yet some people were in arms about this and it was another reason why he was banned now. I'm not saying that having that stuff here was "Right" or whatever I'm just simply saying all the hilarious Fox News level fear Mongering and poor actions were so over the top about NOTHING, maybe right to a degree about their actions and they DID in fact have the sites interests in mind but they were so off course.

Reason #3 "Because He Was A Admin"

This was the stupidest thing of all (No Offense Intended To Anyone) it was a totally made up rule to justify the action this had never been enforced, since, before or ever will it be enforced again. it was totally made up this magical rule never before mentioned in the rules, if so than CZ should have been removed immediately following that action which we don't bring up if not banned outright, but yet she just simply willingly resigned on her own volition and not because of any rules or because she had to do so. MM himself should be permenatley banned from this forum FOREVER basically considering how many times he has been a Mod, Admin and Site Staff, in fact he's still a Site Staff member so where does this rule apply? Answer it doesn't and shouldn't be counted because it never has been.

I mean come on ANYONE who has ever had the slightest interaction with MM knows he can be a total frigging Jerk! I mean just look at his Post Count it can't just apply to one person it has either apply to everyone or none at all.

In short it's been a full year since he was banned, so I think he more than learned his lesson and considering he served TK admirably as Mod and Admin for several years I feel that heshould be given a second chance. as all the good stuff he has done outweighs whatever insignificant minor thing he did which really was just wearing Leaked Picture avatars which is something super minor.

So yeah, this isn't a demand or anything just my piece and others I presume you can lock this thread. Sure, but really for what?

For MM I really don't have to say anything we all know MM he'll be back anyway! MM always gets unbanned sure maybe a year abscense or two but he'll back just like Frosty The Snowman a jerkish Frosty but Frosty the same.

Thus I propose a "Parole System" For them. Jomei could have a 1-3 Warning parole for a whole year (whatever you all decide on) after the year and if he is still here than he can be taken off it and returned to the original Warning System same for MM.

So Long Winded post ends now.
Last edited by g2vd on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Godzilla

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The Bring Back MM And Jomei Thread (MODS. PLEASE READ BEFORE LOCKING)

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

I'm fine with Jomei but MM seems a little too childish to allow back on TK.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:I'm fine with Jomei but MM seems a little too childish to allow back on TK.
One question do you mind switching the "Unban Jomei" area to a more suitable category? it's Poll rigging other wise.
Godzilla

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

g2vd wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:I'm fine with Jomei but MM seems a little too childish to allow back on TK.
One question do you mind switching the "Unban Jomei" area to a more suitable category? it's Poll rigging other wise.
Done.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I don't know who Jomei because I'm a total noob but I know MM, and I think a year is a good enough punishment for 'em. He hosted some good tourneys :D
Resized Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Coobzilla03 wrote:I don't know who Jomei because I'm a total noob but I know MM, and I think a year is a good enough punishment for 'em. He hosted some good tourneys :D
Don't forget to vote! :)
Godzilla

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Oh yeah!
Resized Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Oh yeah!
It has to be in the Yay area.

Yeah I really should have made that less Confusing but what am I supposed to do.
Godzilla

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Yeah, I am confused. Well, let's just count it for Yay
Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Jomei was banned "prematurely" because he showed NO signs of stopping his crusade to post banned images. Those were the rules, and even if they are stupid, you have to follow them. Also, he was banned at three warning due to him stating he wasnt gonna stop, and also because we had let him go on several other warn-able things before, so basically that added up to him getting perma banned. In short he was justifiable banned, although I wouldn't be against him coming back in any capacity, I also doubt he would stop blatantly breaking the rules because he is stupid and stubborn simply put.

On the subject of MM, he will probably be back at some point because he always is. Honestly we cant really keep him away and even when we actively try to, he always sneaks back in. I wouldn't be surprised if he had an account right now. He will be back, and he will be --------

EDIT: Also we have talked about unbanning these member already and it could happen, but I personally cant guarantee that they will stick around long given how they both generally tend to act
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

This doesn't tell me -

"Wen Broly"

We've been over this countless times - but Wen Broly? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW WEN BROLY?
Beef summed it up - eh - rather well. We've been over this MANY times before.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Beef Bigshot wrote:EDIT: Also we have talked about unbanning these member already and it could happen, but I personally cant guarantee that they will stick around long given how they both generally tend to act
Yay! MM Forever!

What about Watartu?
Godzilla

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Who's Wen Broly and Watartu?
Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

g2vd wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:EDIT: Also we have talked about unbanning these member already and it could happen, but I personally cant guarantee that they will stick around long given how they both generally tend to act
Yay! MM Forever!

What about Watartu?
Perhaps

Also on another note about Jomei, the reason his Tumblr was involved at all was due to him backing up our reason for banning him. Meaning we used it as extra evidence as he also stated on there that he had no plans to stop posting illegal picture which he should have known better about. So now you know the whole story regarding that
Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Jomei has no intention of coming back to TK, judging by his posts on Tumblr. I agree that skipping his three remaining warnings to a straight ban just because he is "former Staff" and "should know better" is a bullshit move and should be undone. However, this is useless if the person does not want to come back.

If these two's bans were reversed, it raises the ethical question: "How come they get special treatment?" This goes mostly towards MM in particular. I personally never had a problem with the guy and found most of his posts interesting, but if he was banned because he received six warnings...that's it. Why should he come back? He broke the rules and was punished for it. Are we saying the rules don't apply to certain members due to their popularity?
Beef Bigshot wrote: Also, he was banned at three warning due to him stating he wasnt gonna stop, and also because we had let him go on several other warn-able things before, so basically that added up to him getting perma banned. In short he was justifiable banned, although I wouldn't be against him coming back in any capacity, I also doubt he would stop blatantly breaking the rules because he is stupid and stubborn simply put.
This is kind of bullshit. You can't ban someone based on assumptions. I don't recall ever seeing Jomei claim he "wouldn't stop posting the images" just that he wouldn't stop disagreeing with the "no leaks" rule. Prematurely banning someone because you think they might break the rules later on is extremely poor behavior. There's no "reasonable suspicion" here, or that would apply to everyone who was warned or banned before. What's stopping them from breaking the rules again? You can't know until it happens.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
g2vd wrote:
Yay! MM Forever!

What about Watartu?
Perhaps
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now I'll finally find out who that guy is.
UltramanGoji wrote:If these two's bans were reversed, it raises the ethical question: "How come they get special treatment?" This goes mostly towards MM in particular. I personally never had a problem with the guy and found most of his posts interesting, but if he was banned because he received six warnings...that's it. Why should he come back? He broke the rules and was punished for it. Are we saying the rules don't apply to certain members due to their popularity?
I say we unban everyone again for Christmas 2016. :P kinda serious. Mostly.
Godzilla

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

UltramanGoji wrote:Jomei has no intention of coming back to TK, judging by his posts on Tumblr. I agree that skipping his three remaining warnings to a straight ban just because he is "former Staff" and "should know better" is a bullshit move and should be undone. However, this is useless if the person does not want to come back.

If these two's bans were reversed, it raises the ethical question: "How come they get special treatment?" This goes mostly towards MM in particular. I personally never had a problem with the guy and found most of his posts interesting, but if he was banned because he received six warnings...that's it. Why should he come back? He broke the rules and was punished for it. Are we saying the rules don't apply to certain members due to their popularity?
Beef Bigshot wrote: Also, he was banned at three warning due to him stating he wasnt gonna stop, and also because we had let him go on several other warn-able things before, so basically that added up to him getting perma banned. In short he was justifiable banned, although I wouldn't be against him coming back in any capacity, I also doubt he would stop blatantly breaking the rules because he is stupid and stubborn simply put.
This is kind of bullshit. You can't ban someone based on assumptions. I don't recall ever seeing Jomei claim he "wouldn't stop posting the images" just that he wouldn't stop disagreeing with the "no leaks" rule. Prematurely banning someone because you think they might break the rules later on is extremely poor behavior. There's no "reasonable suspicion" here, or that would apply to everyone who was warned or banned before. What's stopping them from breaking the rules again? You can't know until it happens.
Did you not read the part where I said that we let him off for alot of other things, and even that we had various other thing we could have warned him for AT THE TIME of his warning. Regardless he would have been banned.

Also him being former staff and should know better is not bullshit. It just...isnt like come on. The man should know what breaking the entails
Resized Image

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Bringing back banned members has been a discussion some of us had a couple of times in the past. Usually the discussion died because we find out some of the banned members were up to something or were just being unpleasant and killed it for everybody. The question isn't so much if we'll unban some of them, it's when. I'm personally not against unbanning members (assuming they're willing to behave) but I'd say it won't happen til sometime mid 2017 at the earliest.

Also, we've done probationary unbannings before, MM was one of the first few people who got one.
]I personally never had a problem with the guy and found most of his posts interesting, but if he was banned because he received six warnings...that's it.
Actually, Arbok banned MM without having the warnings required for a permaban. Think he only had like 2 warnings at the time of his banning.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Who's Wen Broly -
Teamfourstar joke - it's "my new thing". I'm excited - anyhow that's off-topic as balls.
Coobzilla03 wrote:and Watartu?
Another TK user.
g2vd wrote:What about Watartu?
He's not banned.
UltramanGoji wrote:but if he was banned because he received six warnings...that's it. Why should he come back? He broke the rules and was punished for it.
He was actually banned at 1-2 warnings. He said the wrong thing at the wrong time and got perma-banned. What was this you might think? He rejoiced in the What Made Your Day Thread about the Games Forum being closed. At least that was his last post before suddenly vanishing and being Perma Banned :P

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Christ guys, gimme a chance to post! :P Had to edit this damn thing three times in five minutes thanks to you!
g2vd wrote: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now I'll finally find out who that guy is.
There isn't much to really know. He was a guy notorious for his torrenting (of which he had a couple of hard drives worth of content) and was sort-of like MM in a sense, although more laid-back.

I don't know how accurate my assumption is (it's been years since he posted), but he was never banned. I think his account was deleted after the first big forum hack. If he wanted to come back, he would've done so already.
g2vd wrote:
I say we unban everyone again for Christmas 2016. :P kinda serious. Mostly.
God, no.
Derzerb wrote:
Actually, Arbok banned MM without having the warnings required for a permaban. Think he only had like 2 warnings at the time of his banning.
Okay, that's different. That should immediately be undone, IMO. That's pretty unfair and probably part of the reason why he's constantly making dupe accounts.
SpaceG92 wrote: He was actually banned at 1-2 warnings. He said the wrong thing at the wrong time and got perma-banned. What was this you might think? He rejoiced in the What Made Your Day Thread about the Games Forum being closed. At least that was his last post before suddenly vanishing and being Perma Banned :P
That's stupid, because he's totally in the right. The Games Forum was a cesspool. (Half-kidding here, the Games Forum really was awful.)