'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by Mastergodzilla »

Here's mine:
Phase One:
Godzilla 2014
Kong: Skull Island 2017: Has 2 Kongs, Gorosaurus, Kumgona, Kamacras, and other generic Kong Kajiu.
Godzilla 2 2019: Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs Kong 2020

Phase 2:
Untitled King Kong sequel 2021
Hedorah spin-off 2021: Hedorah
Godzilla 3 2022: Angurius, Gigan, Hedorah, MechaGodzilla, Destroyah
Mothra spin-off 2022: Mothra, Battra, Rodan, King Ghidorah
Matango 2023

Phase 3:
Godzilla 4: Armageddon 2024: Gigan, SpaceGodzilla, Hedorah,
Mothra 2nd spinoff 2024: Mothra, King Ceaser
Some unknown movies that introduce the following kaiju 2024-2028: Baragon, Varan, Manda, Ebirah,
Destroy All Monsters Remake 2029: Every monster introduced, and find some way to bring back the dead ones.

What are yours? If you have posted them in other topics, copy and paste a link here, please! Thank You!
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by Ivo-goji »

Another 'Son of Godzilla' introduced in this continuity. The odds of someone following in the tradition of Minilla/Junior/etc in Toho's Godzilla movies seems remote. Would like to see the idea revisited in a more thoughtful and developed way than what we got in Final Wars. Plus I think adopting a child fits this Godzilla's personality pretty well.

Introduce Anguirus in this continuity.

Mothra spin-off.

More human characters with names homaging Toho films; a Yamane, a Katsura, a Miki, a Goro Maki, a Shinoda. Maybe throw in a Steve Martin.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

-Destroy All Monsters style film
-Godzilla 3
-King Ghidorah solo film
-King Kong 2
-King Kong 3
-Mothra solo film
-Rodan solo film

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How about bringing back the Gargantuas? They're pretty popular and well-recognized.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

1. NO MECHS
2. NO CYBORGS
3. NO BIOLLANTE
4. NO HEDORAH
5. NO SPACEGODZILLA
6. NO DESTOROYAH
7. Basically none of Toho's creations that any more obscure and less naturally-feasible than Anguirus

But on the topic of films, I first just want three solid films ahead of us and a strong development of Ghidorah. Here is my recent post in another thread:
What would everybody think of something more like 10 Cloverfield Lane, but actually connected this time around? It doesn't even have to be flamboyantly-connected, I'm talking to the extent where only fans know that it's part of the same universe. Or what about an alien invasion film? If Ghidorah is extraterrestrial, that could open-up more possibilities for non-terrestrial organisms in this film universe.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Ryguy wrote:1. NO MECHS
2. NO CYBORGS
3. NO BIOLLANTE
4. NO HEDORAH
5. NO SPACEGODZILLA
6. NO DESTOROYAH
7. Basically none of Toho's creations that any more obscure and less naturally-feasible than Anguirus
So basically NO FUN.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

You could have Biollante. Take out the whole human soul thing and I think she'd work well. Hedorah could effectively work too with the right origin story. Agree on Space Godzilla and Destroyah though.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

1.Godzilla
2.Good characters
3.Good movies
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

1. Ifukube music cues/homages, please. That's one of the few things Shin did better.
2. Still would like to see Kong fight Gorosaurus or Varan, if not in Skull Island then in future film.
3. Fuckit. Bring in the Shobijin. Mothra's not really Mothra without her twin priestess; they don't HAVE to be fairy-sized if realism is your thing.
4. Bringing points one and three together: Mothra Song! Be it Maharah Mothra, Sacred Springs, or something brand new... give us something!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: 3. Fuckit. Bring in the Shobijin. Mothra's not really Mothra without her twin priestess; they don't HAVE to be fairy-sized if realism is your thing.
Honestly took it for granted that Shobijin would be in this continuity. But yeah, they might shake up Mothra's origin and include them. Hope that doesn't happen.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

- Do away with the babyface angle for Godzilla. People really shouldn't have been cheering for him at the end of the 2014 movie. We, the audience, know to cheer for Godzilla but the civilians whose homes and livelihood were just destroyed should not be celebrating the cause of that. Don't want to make him 100% heel, but make him more neutral.

- LET THE MILITARY BE DESTROYED. Seriously. Godzilla shouldn't ignore all the military fire coming his way. Have him destroy a few battleships and toss a couple tanks around. I don't want to see him just walk past them and go out of his way to avoid stepping on them.

- No SpaceGodzilla. At all. There's no logical explanation for him in his own movie, I'd hate to see them pull something out of their ass for a more grounded universe.

- More classics, less newcomers. I want to see some of my old favorites back on the screen again. Let the new Toho films handle new kaiju.

- A more precise wishlist of monsters: Anguirus, Baragon, Gigan, Megalon, Megaguirus, Hedorah, Destoroyah, Orga.

- Don't give space monsters too much explanation. I like it in films where alien organisms' origins are shrouded in mystery. Don't explain where Gigan and Megalon came from. Just let them be themselves.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe I'll add more later.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

UltramanGoji wrote:- LET THE MILITARY BE DESTROYED. Seriously. Godzilla shouldn't ignore all the military fire coming his way. Have him destroy a few battleships and toss a couple tanks around. I don't want to see him just walk past them and go out of his way to avoid stepping on them.
I remember hearing that the leaked script had an awesome scene where Godzilla absolutely destroys the military but it was cut out because the US Army objected to it during production.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:1. Ifukube music cues/homages, please.
3. Fuckit. Bring in the Shobijin. Mothra's not really Mothra without her twin priestess; they don't HAVE to be fairy-sized if realism is your thing.
Oh yeah, these would be great. Some memorable music would go a long way for these movies. I also wouldn't care if they can't make the movies "grounded in reality" (ie. make it limited and boring lol) for the Shobijin because the twins are such an integral part of Mothra. I doubt 2 prophets or something along the lines of that would be as interesting as Toho's approach.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

So far I've two: The Mysterians and Kong vs. Ebirah
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Destoroyah, Orga, MechaGodzilla and Mecha-King Ghidorah should be included. Godzilla needs to retaliate against the military. Ifukube music and stuff needs to be in the Legendary series. If they do Mothra without the Shobijin or Cosmos or Elias I will be very upset.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

At the end of the end i just want our third Godzilla cinematic universe to do well. Dont confuse the general audience with out of the blue op monsters.

- Godzilla should destroy the military. I dont care if the US army doesnt like it, they got destroyed in Shin Godzila and i dont see them complaining.
- Let go on the grounded realism a little bit.
- Give the monsters a good amount of personality.
- Dont make the monsters way too powerful, at least wait until after Godzilla vs Kong. Make them like the Showa era, tough but not op as scrap.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GargantuaTarantula
Samurai

Post by GargantuaTarantula »

For me it goes
Godzilla '14
Kong Skull Island
Godzilla 2
Godzilla v King Kong
War of the Gargantuas
Mothra
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
Godzilla 3
Destroy All Monsters (would basically include all kaiju up to this point)
King Kong Escapes (doesn't need to be the same story I just dig the title)

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

- Godzilla outright attacking and destroying a city, even if only briefly.

- Godzilla actually fighting the military instead of just walking past and ignoring them.

- Clearer views of Godzilla or any other kaiju in general where they're not shrouded in smoke and dust and darkness.

- More screentime for the kaiju, no more teasing cutaways / extremely brief glimpses, and greater sense of focus and presence of the monsters.

- Give us more human characters like Joeseph Brody and Ishiro Serizawa and less like Ford Brody and, uh, everyone else...pretty much. Take notes and get some inspiration from Shin Godzilla and Pacific Rim's human characters, if needed.

- Don't go overboard with the whole "grounded in reality" thing. Be like the MCU in this regard. Nothing against Gareth Edward's artistic vision, it's perfectly valid, I respect it and it works well for an introductory film, but you can only have so many movies under those kinds of constraints and frankly, I'd like for the franchise to continue on for a good while and have more than the mere four films already known / announced. Much more creative freedom and less missed opportunities that way.

- Anguirus, Baragon, Varan, Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, Ebirah, Kumonga, Kamacuras, Megaguirus and her Meganulon brood, Biollante, Hedorah, Gigan, Megalon, and Mechagodzilla, if possible. Plus plenty of new monsters as well.

- A non-canon crossover with the Pacific Rim universe would be nice, however unlikely.

- More memorable soundtracks.

- More kaiju scenes set outside of the US and Japan.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

more made up kaiju
your source of self destruction

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

For one movie please:
World Wide War of Kaijus

Maybe Kind of Alieninvasion vs Godzilla &Co or a World Wide Muto Invasion.
Earthkaijus should have villains turning on the Alien/Muto side....could be great stuff

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

master_of_monsters wrote:more made up kaiju
In other words, just more kaiju.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.