Godzilla King of the Monsters Production Crew Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla 2 Production Crew Thread.

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^oh ok, but i dont always see IMDB as a reliable source. I got the news from scified, which is kinda eh
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

And Scified is not a reliable source, it gets all of its news from more trustworthy sources like Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and JoBlo.

But in case you were wondering, these writers have been confirmed one way or another. And another tip is to not overstate the dependency that one should have in IMDB: more often than not, obscure crew members like writers and artists aren't going to be falsified. Only when you get into actor and director territory do fraudulent entries become more common.

Don't overthink it
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I have zero faith in these guys seeing as they where involved in X-Men Apocalypse and other shitfests. Until I'm proven otherwise G2 is looking bleak.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Breakdown wrote:I have zero faith in these guys seeing as they where involved in X-Men Apocalypse and other shitfests. Until I'm proven otherwise G2 is looking bleak.
Zach Shields wasn't involved with Apocalypse (in fact, Krampus is his only other feature film credit), and all those shitfests you're laying soley at Dougherty's feet can very much easly be attributed to Dan Harris, and, to a lesser degree, Bryan Singer, as Dougherty's delivered solid work when away from those two particular individuals.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Breakdown wrote:I have zero faith in these guys seeing as they where involved in X-Men Apocalypse and other shitfests. Until I'm proven otherwise G2 is looking bleak.

Both are better writers then Max B, so as long as they produce a better script then him (which shouldn't be hard) an have another talent just polish it up Godzilla 2 should be just fine.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Well I certainly hope so guys. I really want this film to succeed.
ImageImage

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I was curious to see if Michael Dougherty acknowledged the news, so I checked his Twitter page. I was not disappointed.

ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'm much more looking forward to Godzilla 2 now! Dougherty is also supposedly a fan like Edwards.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Some have suggested that he might be our director too, since he both wrote and directed Trick r' Treat and Krampus alike.

Come on, I just want to know who our man is!
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I trust Dougherty as a fan more than Edwards, if I'm honest.

Hell, I'd put the man in the director's chair if I could.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Dougherty has been on my short list to direct this, much less write this. So this is indeed excellent news. I'm still hoping he'll be helming GODZILLA Vs. KONG.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ryguy wrote:Some have suggested that he might be our director too, since he both wrote and directed Trick r' Treat and Krampus alike.

Come on, I just want to know who our man is!
Its entirely possible. Krampus was a huge surprise hit for Legendary.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

That is awesome, I hope he is the director.. I would not be displeased. Very very cool he had acknowledged it. I have heard before he was a fan of Godzilla, i think he would at-least make a fun interesting fun.

The only film on his resume i have not seen in Urban Legends sequels, which i think ill continue to avoid. The rest seem solid to me. I'm in the minority that didn't hate Superman Returns, didn't love it neither. Trick R Treat and Krampus were awesome though.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I'm actually gonna give this the benefit of the doubt. I'm still excited for this film and it's not the only time writers/directors made a film outside their memo and succeed with flying colors. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's bad. Plain and simple. I'm trusting these guys do be one of those aforementioned directors, though Edwards will still have my eternal respect.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Earlier today, Ryguy wrote:After consideration, I have decided to add these guys. These two listings are probably hoaxes yet again, but might as well:

#17.

Music by Junkie XL (The Amazing Spiderman 2, Deadpool, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)

#18.

Music by Brian Tyler (Iron Man 3, Furious 7, Avengers: Age of Ultron)

#19. Half of today's news is IMDB official!

script by Zach Shields (Krampus, The Conjuring, Trick r Treat: Making Friends) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1296461/

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ryguy wrote:Who keeps adding this bullshit!? Junkie XL and Brian Tyler are listed again for the music department....

Nothing to see here, these guys are going to get booted by tomorrow probably. I'm sending in a report now

UPDATE: On second thought, it's 11:30 PM here and I need to get up for breakfast before 8 tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. If anybody wants to fill me in later as to why these guys keep getting added, only to get deleted later, do not hesitate to respond

Added in 8 hours 36 minutes 39 seconds:
After consideration, I have decided to add these guys. These two listings are probably hoaxes yet again, but might as well:

#17.

Music by Junkie XL (The Amazing Spiderman 2, Deadpool, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)

#18.

Music by Brian Tyler (Iron Man 3, Furious 7, Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Yeah composers are rarely if ever announced this early.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

For some weird reason, This news does not show up in the news section as promised on the main page.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'd shit bricks is Junkie XL or Hans Zimmer are composing. Zimmer is a music god, I LOVED the Man of Steel soundtrack with a passion.
ImageImage

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

SUPPOSEDLY Exclusive: ‘Godzilla 2’ to Be Helmed by ‘Krampus’ Director Michael Dougherty

Read More: Exclusive: ‘Godzilla 2’ Director Revealed! | http://screencrush.com/exclusive-godzil ... ck=tsmclip

LINK - http://screencrush.com/exclusive-godzilla-2-director/

Posted an hour ago, if its true we have our director. Not sure if there just assuming since he is writing since what he normally writes he directs or there is actual confirmation. If true we will be finding out from other sites picking this up.

The_Olden_Thing
Monarch Researcher

Post by The_Olden_Thing »

I would wait for confirmation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike indeed got the nod.