Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Monster X »

If this gets an official realses then Toho are just one giant Dracula movie short of a kaiju style universal monsters movie trilogy.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Monster X wrote:If this gets an official realses then Toho are just one giant Dracula movie short of a kaiju style universal monsters movie trilogy.
GAMERA VS GAOS arguably fits the bill.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

H-Man wrote:
Monster X wrote:If this gets an official realses then Toho are just one giant Dracula movie short of a kaiju style universal monsters movie trilogy.
Toho didn't make that movie.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Ivo-goji wrote:
H-Man wrote:
Toho didn't make that movie.

*cough cough*

Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Well, it's admittedly not a kaiju movie, but there is Lake of Dracula...
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I thought we were talking about werewolves here, not vampires.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Still hope this can see the light of day somehow and sort of gets "officialized" by Toho in some capacity.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Chrispy_G wrote:Still hope this can see the light of day somehow and sort of gets "officialized" by Toho in some capacity.
If you look back I'm the thread you'll find what Toho is doing with the film

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Well, it's admittedly not a kaiju movie, but there is Lake of Dracula...
There's three Toho Dracula films, but I digress.
Godzillian wrote: If you look back I'm the thread you'll find what Toho is doing with the film
More like what Nakajima hopes happens with Toho, with the film.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

People really think Toho is going to allow a fan film (no matter how well it's made) to be counted as an official Godzilla movie?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Legion1979 wrote:People really think Toho is going to allow a fan film (no matter how well it's made) to be counted as an official Godzilla movie?
That really does sound like one of the least Toho-esque things one could possibly imagine.

"I know what we'll do! We'll encourage more people to try to profit off our trademarks and dilute our brand!"

Seems reasonable.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm sure Toho will do it if they can find a way to profit off it.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

More videos on the Facebook page!

As far as Toho goes, IF this gets released officially by Toho on DVD/BD its then some kind of official release. Toho will be making profit on it. Last we heard, 2019 was the planned release.... LPs Godzilla 2 comes out, so there's a window in there to generate buzz in Japan and make profit.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

No amount of releasing this on DVD/bluray by Toho turns this into an official Godzilla movie. It's still a fan film.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Bumping because I'm curious is this is still a thing or if it's pretty much dead. And if it does get an official release, then that would make it an official Godzilla movie no matter who it was made by, just as official as LPG and GINO.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:Bumping because I'm curious is this is still a thing or if it's pretty much dead. And if it does get an official release, then that would make it an official Godzilla movie no matter who it was made by, just as official as LPG and GINO.
The director is still working on the editing of it

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Looks like Shizou Nakajima had something else in mind to battle the Wolfman early on, Baragon: https://www.facebook.com/shizuo.nakajim ... nref=story
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

GigaBowserG wrote:Looks like Shizou Nakajima had something else in mind to battle the Wolfman early on, Baragon: https://www.facebook.com/shizuo.nakajim ... nref=story

In the comments, Mark Jaramillo said "this is a completely separate film." :shock:

I'd really like a refresher course on everything going on here.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'm really curious about what Mark Jaramillo will be showing at G-Fest this year. The way the Facebook post was worded, at least the way I interpreted it, strongly implies either more of or a complete cut of Wolfman vs. Godzilla. I dearly hope that's the case, even though it'll make me even more jealous than usual of the people going to G-Fest. :p

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The director originally wanted to do a film with Baragon before switching to Godzilla this is likely his first attempt at a wolfman kaiju fan film.