Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla Unpopular Opinions

Post by HedorahGrabber »

I dislike the 1994 suit and hate Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, even more than I did with Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
The Godzilla 1967 suit isn't that bad and Godzilla vs. Hedorah is a fun/good Godzilla film.
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

HedorahGrabber wrote:I dislike the 1994 suit and hate Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah[\b], even more than I did with Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
The Godzilla 1967 suit isn't that bad and Godzilla vs. Hedorah is a fun/good Godzilla film.

I'm guessing it's your least favorite Godzilla movie then?
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

Not my least favorite but around the bottom of the barrel for me when it comes to Godzilla films.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Ah.

Anyways, Another unpopular opinion I have is that I enjoy Godzilla: Unleashed for the Wii. I find myself playing it most of the time I'm on my Wii. And I enjoy it despite how crappy it can be.
The Cult of Personality

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

I actually really enjoy the fairy songs. The Mothra song, Mahara Mothra, Sacred Springs are all wonderful. The complaints remind me of people who hate musicals. What's wrong with musical numbers?
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

GalacticPetey wrote:I actually really enjoy the fairy songs. The Mothra song, Mahara Mothra, Sacred Springs are all wonderful. The complaints remind me of people who hate musicals. What's wrong with musical numbers?
I actually have to agree with you on that, I really like the fairy songs.......except the songs in the Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GalacticPetey wrote:I actually really enjoy the fairy songs. The Mothra song, Mahara Mothra, Sacred Springs are all wonderful. The complaints remind me of people who hate musicals. What's wrong with musical numbers?
Yup, those songs help to define the mood and spirit of Mothra's movies, and really makes the character and her stories stand out as unique in the genre. Plus, the songs can be quite lovely.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

This is an unpopular opinion !! The fairy songs are some of my favorite parts of the Godzilla movie.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

I completely forgot about Sacred Springs that song was great! But I don't really care for the others. But I also understand the love for those songs
The Cult of Personality

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Hmm it seems me and the faires just dont like each other.
Another unpopular opinion is i just cant get into Ghidorah the Three-headed Monster. I find Invasion of Astro- Monster the superior film.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know this is not exactly Godzilla-related, but still Toho-distributed. I prefer the first two Heisei Gamera films very much over the third film.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

ZeppandonConfirmed wrote:Ah.

Anyways, Another unpopular opinion I have is that I enjoy Godzilla: Unleashed for the Wii. I find myself playing it most of the time I'm on my Wii. And I enjoy it despite how crappy it can be.
Godzilla Unleashed is a good game, I thought. Wii controls are garbage.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

G3 is a good film, but I agree it's not the best of the trio. That would go to Guardian of the Universe.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Added in 29 seconds:
Jatahaxe wrote:
HedorahGrabber wrote:
I actually have to agree with you on that, I really like the fairy songs.......except the songs in the Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy.
What's wrong with the RoM songs? Mothra Leo and Sacred Springs are my all-time favorite Mothra songs.

Also, I watched Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla again in my marathon last night, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Sure, some parts really drag, and some of the SFX scenes fall flat like the asteroid scene, but the city destruction scenes look as good as any, and they're more plentiful and extravagant this time around. I also was impressed at the size and detail of the sets on both the monsters' scale and the humans scale. Really accurately portrays a crumbling city. I was reminded again why I love these films so much.
Monsters are the real people.

Apgigan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Apgigan »

OH I HAVE A ONE

I think that Godzilla 2000 is honestly really boring and that GINO was a more entertaining movie.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Apgigan wrote:OH I HAVE A ONE

I think that Godzilla 2000 is honestly really boring and that GINO was a more entertaining movie.
That's how I feel about G14 vs GINO.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I love Monster X and Keizer Ghidorah.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:I love Monster X and Keizer Ghidorah.
Agreed.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I prefer Kiryu's GxMG design over the SOS design. The look of the shoulder cannons just really win me over.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:I love Monster X and Keizer Ghidorah.
i can see why they aren't liked, but I adore both designs. I'd love to see more interpretations of Monster X, especially, though I doubt it'd ever happen.