Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: Shin Godzilla - The Spoilerific General Discussion Thread

Post by Mechagigan »

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Minya has some competition.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

That explains the really tiny arms.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

I'm pretty much done on vinyls, but these are a must. Very unique pieces for the shelf.

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

Mechagigan wrote:Image
Based on the way some of the reviews were describing these two foms, I expected something more goofy looking, they're honestly really cool. I actually kind of like the head of his first form a bit more than his final form.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

I really like the gills/neck of the first one. Reminds me of a frog, which works with his amphibious origins of old.

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

Castellan Zilla wrote:I really like the gills/neck of the first one. Reminds me of a frog, which works with his amphibious origins of old.
Yeah, it's oddly cute and creepy at the same time. Like on the one hand it's malformed and mutated, but that cute little face and those huge cartoonish eyes make me want it as a pet.

See nerds, here's proof this is a tried and true Godzilla film, becsuse part of the essential Godzilla experience is wondering whether you should fear Godzilla or pet him.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Tadpole? What? First form looks nothing like a tadpole............
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Cookson wrote:Tadpole? What? First form looks nothing like a tadpole............
That's actually the second form. There's an earlier form which simply has the appearance of a tail or perhaps an eel. That is what is referred to as the tadpole.

BioDestroyer
GPN Volunteer

Post by BioDestroyer »

No, I'm pretty sure that the first picture is the first form. Early in the film a giant tail is seen sticking out of the water. At first I was confused because the tail looked NOTHING like the Shin Gojira that we've seen in the promos. The tail stays stuck up in the water a bit but eventually the creature makes its way to shore. We see it going up a canal, pushing boats and stuff away with only its dorsal plates visible. When it finally makes landfall, it's that creature in the first picture with the same tail and same color but it's pushing itself along the ground and has only stubs for arms. Maybe, juuuust maybe I missed something but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a tail sticking out of the water not attached to anything. Oh, and the water surrounding the tail and bubbles where the creature was took on a red tinge. The whole thing was pretty shocking to see, to be honest. Especially when you weren't expecting that at all.

Now I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the second form wasn't that bright of a red. Also, in its second form it grew crude arms with fingers and I'm not seeing that in the second picture unless my eyes are failing me. The underdeveloped Godzilla also uses the '54 roar which was pretty neat. In fact, I'm pretty sure they used the old Godzilla music when it suddenly developed better legs, arms and more of a chest, stood up and then roared.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

I have. My thoughts are below:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

BioDestroyer wrote:No, I'm pretty sure that the first picture is the first form. Early in the film a giant tail is seen sticking out of the water. At first I was confused because the tail looked NOTHING like the Shin Gojira that we've seen in the promos. The tail stays stuck up in the water a bit but eventually the creature makes its way to shore. We see it going up a canal, pushing boats and stuff away with only its dorsal plates visible. When it finally makes landfall, it's that creature in the first picture with the same tail and same color but it's pushing itself along the ground and has only stubs for arms. Maybe, juuuust maybe I missed something but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a tail sticking out of the water not attached to anything. Oh, and the water surrounding the tail and bubbles where the creature was took on a red tinge. The whole thing was pretty shocking to see, to be honest. Especially when you weren't expecting that at all.

Now I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the second form wasn't that bright of a red. Also, in its second form it grew crude arms with fingers and I'm not seeing that in the second picture unless my eyes are failing me. The underdeveloped Godzilla also uses the '54 roar which was pretty neat. In fact, I'm pretty sure they used the old Godzilla music when it suddenly developed better legs, arms and more of a chest, stood up and then roared.
No. You're wrong. Kaiju A is Stage 2 and Kaiju B is Stage 3. If you look at the Kanji names, one has two lines and the other has three lines. This is indicating the stage of Godzilla.

Big thanks to Jomei for telling me this. This is why I'm confident in the information I'm posting in here. It's coming right from him, and he's telling me that's what the toy ads are calling these figures.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Mastergodzilla wrote:While this isn't a spoiler, I just want to say how shin gojira has inspired me. I know you Guys don't know this, but I'm an actor (not famous, sadly) who loves watching movies and reading/writing books. This movie has inspired me to make a book series off of it! Yes it won't be published, but I'm doing it for fun. I may eventually post it somewhere that regards shin gojira.

Added in 9 minutes 2 seconds:
Can you guys help come up with a name for it?
Godzilla Rebirth
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Gojiran1954
Ronin

Post by Gojiran1954 »

I am most interested in the first form honestly, the tail looks so smooth, it seems....alien
The arrogance in man will never disappear, it is inevitable in any way.

BioDestroyer
GPN Volunteer

Post by BioDestroyer »

Castellan Zilla wrote: No. You're wrong. Kaiju A is Stage 2 and Kaiju B is Stage 3. If you look at the Kanji names, one has two lines and the other has three lines. This is indicating the stage of Godzilla.

Big thanks to Jomei for telling me this. This is why I'm confident in the information I'm posting in here. It's coming right from him, and he's telling me that's what the toy ads are calling these figures.
That's interesting about the titles for the toys then. Though let me be clear, I was never challenging what the toys were called. I was just explaining what I saw.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Mechagigan wrote:Image
This is just terrible.

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

Reminds me more of a chicken hatching that's gone horribly, horribly wrong. I personally dig it. Both adorable and hideous at the same time.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

My only disappointment with Kaiju A figure is, isn't it supposed to be on the ground, not on legs.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Those little guys are cute as hell.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GFAN198423 wrote:My only disappointment with Kaiju A figure is, isn't it supposed to be on the ground, not on legs.
He has legs in the first form as well. He drags himself through out the film but apparently he leaps a few times and attempts to stand himself up if memory recalls.