The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7155
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:I dig em. Worth a purchase.

I disagree, not worth the import.


Well now that I feel a little bothered by Godzilla's teeth, I may skip him and just get the Mutos...or not. Idfk anymore. :?
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
Janjira54
Futurian
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Janjira54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:I dig em. Worth a purchase.

I disagree, not worth the import.


Well now that I feel a little bothered by Godzilla's teeth, I may skip him and just get the Mutos...or not. Idfk anymore. :?

So your not going to buy the well detailed figure because of the teeth. I think the good outweighs the bad on this figure mate

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7155
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

The image was blurry I admit. So perhaps I'll wait for an in hand image.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
Janjira54
Futurian
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Janjira54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:The image was blurry I admit. So perhaps I'll wait for an in hand image.

Maybe it's just the white paint. As you said, wait for a on hand image

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4777
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:The image was blurry I admit. So perhaps I'll wait for an in hand image.


Dillyziller wrote:Here's a clearer pic of Godzilla.
Image

User avatar
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Underworld54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Wow, that's awful...looks like he used Crest White Strips.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

User avatar
Janjira54
Futurian
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Janjira54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Everyone used to be really looking forward to these. Now everyone hates them because of the teeth. But hey, don't mind the well detailed body or nice paint apps. We only care about the teeth

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13687
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:37 pm

The arms are a bit too long for me, but I'll still pick it up regardless.

I think we've been spoiled by all the high-end figures like NECA and SHMA which is why we're criticizing the vinyl one so much.
Image

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4777
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm sure the head is really small and that's why they really simplified the teeth, but it looks much better than the pack of destruction figure.

User avatar
Janjira54
Futurian
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Janjira54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:46 pm

I don't get it though. A lot of vinyls have pure white teeth. What's so different. And I agree with Gfan. I think that they had to dumb down the teeth detail because of a smaller head

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5782
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Godzillian » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Janjira54 wrote:I don't get it though. A lot of vinyls have pure white teeth. What's so different.


Maybe its because the teeth on this one are so obvious? Picking both up regardless I loved the bandai vinyls and am looking forward to getting both Godzilla and Muto.
Image

User avatar
Janjira54
Futurian
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Janjira54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Who knows, we still got some time before July. Maybe they'll change it

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4777
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Janjira54 wrote:I don't get it though. A lot of vinyls have pure white teeth. What's so different. And I agree with Gfan. I think that they had to dumb down the teeth detail because of a smaller head


Maybe because the teeth on the 2014 design aren't overly prominent compared to other designs and other figure makers have gone with just a few teeth to represent the biggest ones instead of a full row.

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10694
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:03 pm

I have both vinyls on pre-order with HLJ. Not gonna wait & HOPE that BC puts some out...

User avatar
Starsteam
Keizer
Posts: 8973
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Over there... no, not there.

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Starsteam » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:36 pm

If BC puts some out, I'd buy them anyway. Unless they were the exact same figures as these.
Who knows, maybe BC designed these molds but held off on releasing them with the main movie line and let Japan have them first with their other stuff. Unlikely. These look a bit too good for BC.

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4777
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Maybe Bandai USA and Japan are working together, Japan is releasing a lot of USA items, maybe USA can release some of Japan's stuff.

User avatar
Starsteam
Keizer
Posts: 8973
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Over there... no, not there.

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Starsteam » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 pm

gigan72 wrote:Checked Wal-Mart for the hell of it, and BAM! They had two Godzilla birthday cards. One roared and was $5.00, while the other was $3.34. I bought the second one for no good reason.


I knew this would happen. Gotta get to Wally World fast.
For no good reason, of course.

User avatar
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 11515
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: the Wired

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:46 pm

gigan72 wrote:
Godzilla 1995 wrote:
gigan72 wrote:Checked Wal-Mart for the hell of it, and BAM! They had two Godzilla birthday cards. One roared and was $5.00, while the other was $3.34. I bought the second one for no good reason.

DUDE!

PICS!

Got pics of the second one. Hoping to get the roaring one tomorrow. They're both Hallmark cards.
Inside.
Front.

Yes!
Image
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

User avatar
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Underworld54 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:24 am

Uploaded a small shaky cam version of the stomping and roaring birthday card, it's really neat. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnW2f2x ... ata_player
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10694
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:31 am

Underworld54 wrote:Uploaded a small shaky cam version of the stomping and roaring birthday card, it's really neat. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnW2f2x ... ata_player

Good look at the card, but something happened to the audio...


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests