Toy Collectors' Confession Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mechagigan
Futurian

Toy Collectors' Confession Thread

Post by Mechagigan »

Same style as the other general confessions threads; figured this could make for some good discussion.

The more I see repaints and modifications of the MMS Shin, the more the actual toy looks like a cheap knockoff of some kind. I'm still excited for the figure, but talk about lowering the bar.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Toy Collectors' Confession Thread

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm an articulation junkie
your source of self destruction

godzilla14
Yojimbo

Post by godzilla14 »

@Mechagiganm where have you seen repaints of the ShinGoji? I am curious to see these as I have thought about doing some work once I get mine. Thanks!!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

godzilla14 wrote:@Mechagiganm where have you seen repaints of the ShinGoji? I am curious to see these as I have thought about doing some work once I get mine. Thanks!!
Best one I've seen so far is this beauty...
Looks like not only did they do some extensive repainting, but they chiseled down the teeth and added a wrist swivel. Looks amazing to me.

These are a fair bit more simple...

godzilla14
Yojimbo

Post by godzilla14 »

Thanks! I have seen images, but never of any customs! Thanks again, these truly look great. I have also noticed that on the regular figure they have not painted the "extra" toenails and if I am seeing them correctly, the "extra" jagged teeth

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I still very much regret not picking up the Godzilla 1964 bootleg that showed up on eBay several years ago. I think about that missed opportunity more than any of the exorbitantly priced but not out-of-each Bandai vinyls.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.