Monster Toy Spotlight #29: Godzilla 1984/85 (Heisei-Goji)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #29: Godzilla 1984/85 (Heisei-Goji)

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Although the Imperial Godzilla was one of the first figures I ever owned as a kid (not like there was much choice back then :lol: ) and holds some nostalgia for me, I think classifying it as a "Godzilla 84/85" figure is a bit of a stretch. :D But I digress....

Anyways, here is a youtube online review of the Bandai 50th Anniversary Memorial Box 6 inch Godzilla 1984/85:

So, who's doing Monster Toy Spotlight #30???? :?: Any takers?
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

I have the History box set 1984 and I love the thing so much. It's my only 1984 figure I'll own (unless monsterarts makes one). I enjoy it, even if it just sits there with my Godzilla 2004. And off topic question, but has anyone cover Gyoas yet?
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

ゴジマン wrote:I have the History box set 1984 and I love the thing so much. It's my only 1984 figure I'll own (unless monsterarts makes one). I enjoy it, even if it just sits there with my Godzilla 2004. And off topic question, but has anyone cover Gyoas yet?
Nope, Gyaos hasn't been covered. Would like to to do Spotlight #30 Gojiman?

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:
ゴジマン wrote:I have the History box set 1984 and I love the thing so much. It's my only 1984 figure I'll own (unless monsterarts makes one). I enjoy it, even if it just sits there with my Godzilla 2004. And off topic question, but has anyone cover Gyoas yet?
Nope, Gyaos hasn't been covered. Would like to to do Spotlight #30 Gojiman?
Sure, I'd love to do it. When do I start?
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Now :gigan:

Actually, anytime Saturday or Sunday would be fine (that's when new spotlights are started). Looking forward to it.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Now :gigan:

Actually, anytime Saturday or Sunday would be fine (that's when new spotlights are started). Looking forward to it.
Okay. I will start the it tomorrow. Thank you

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

MMS and NECA;
As I've flaunted far to many times, my MMS G'84 is actually the bootleg figure floating around - with a quick paint job.I detailed the process in the customs thread; in short, I mummified the figure (sans spines) in painter's tape, sprayed the spines with gray spraypaint, and removed then repainted the eyes, claws and smaller spines. The mouth paint is actually really well done, so I let it stay.

The only production issue mine has is a slight problem with it's legs leaning to the left; it's totally hidden if you raise a foot in a walking stance, though.

Anyhow, he's a beautiful toy, and really captures G'84 to a tee; I can't speak absolutely, as the figure is a bootleg, but from what my figure shows it's really an excellent representation of the design.

And now... for NECA's. Making fun of that God-awful original head was one of the most fun experiences I've had here on TK :lol: . The resculpted head is really pretty nice (especially in more proper photos; the ones I take for these posts are generally quick and unprofessional), and I really wish the sculptor of it could have tackled the entire monster. The body is pretty bad, and looking bad, I probably should've had a lot more distaste for NECA after the lackluster trio of '94, '95 and '84. At least with '54, '16 and, to a much lesser extent, '01, it seems their quality is improving.