Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Why, Why is the Hi-Blitz Rathalos so exspensive?!!!

T_T. It's Bootiful beyond anything.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

GIGAN05 wrote:Why, Why is the Hi-Blitz Rathalos so exspensive?!!!

Everything in G-rank is too damn high, especially if it's Rare Species/Elder Dragon stuff. All the Silver Los materials was making me go broke regularly. AND I STILL NEED MANTLES!
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Giratina93 wrote:
GIGAN05 wrote:Why, Why is the Hi-Blitz Rathalos so exspensive?!!!

Everything in G-rank is too damn high, especially if it's Rare Species/Elder Dragon stuff. All the Silver Los materials was making me go broke regularly. AND I STILL NEED MANTLES!
He's talking about the figure, I believe.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

So... dat MHX doh. Looks good!
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Yeah.

Still waiting for white fatalis.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

As Moderator, I can necro this thread from the dead!

With MH Generations around the corner, Nintendo has sent download codes to random people, and despite me having over a thousand hours logged into my MH game, I was denied one and given the bland email. Anyone got a spare code or two to PM me?

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Oh man, I'm pretty hyped for this game, I must say. As usual, it has been catchng my attention more so than any other game currently.

Also, speakng of the demo codes, do you live in europe? Because they're not around for NA today, that's not until June 30th for us. But they are sending codes in europe.

Edit: Oh wait, if you're in europe, then you can just download the demo from the eshop, and then NA is the one getting the codes and the demo will be on the eshop June 30th. I think, it's a bit confusing TBH.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

I'm NA, Alaska to be specific.

Emails were sent out around the 15th or so to random Nintendo users that might contain codes in them.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Got the demo from donating to here for $4. But it also gets you a ton of other stuff too.
https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket
Just make sure to sign in, also, be patient, it doesn't give you your stuff instantly. Which is why I accidently got two. LOL.

ShinSludge71
Samurai

Post by ShinSludge71 »

Welp. They released the demo for MH:G. I tried it, and I really recommend trying it out too.

The three monsters you can battle are The Great Maccao (Utterly annoying), Malfestio, and everyones favprite. Nargacuga (I really recommend fighting this kitty. Hes a good challenge.)

If anyone is interested in hunting with me, then I can set up a room.
ILL GREEN wrote:There's money to be made with a Hedorah bong.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

I'm always up for a good hunt. So whatever time works I'll be there for anyone who wants to hunt with me in general. As long as I'm not busy.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

ShinSludge71 wrote: The three monsters you can battle are The Great Maccao, Malfestio (FUCK THIS OWL TO HELL AND BACK), and everyones favorite. Nargacuga (I really recommend fighting this kitty. Hes a good challenge.)
Fixed for you. Fuck Malfestio. I hope you enjoy getting stunned every other hit and getting confused all the time, because this hunt is AIIIIIIIIIIIIDS.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Malefestio is pretty easy, it's at the same level as a tetsucabra or barroth in terms of difficulty. I could see why it's hard for people at first, but once you get past the one gimmick that makes it hard it's pretty easy.(And it's suppose to be that way.)

But it did help me sharpen my skills with weapons I was previously not so good with, like the lance an gun lance, same goes for Nargacuga.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Reviving I guess. My boyfriend and I started playing in 4 Ultimate. In Generations we got to High Rank pretty quick and easy. Hopefully G-Rank comes at some point though, since even the high rank Tetsucabra is easy in low rank gear (okay we're using Tetsucabra gear, but still). The single-player campaign is a bit of let-down and there's not really any story.

I do like the flagship monsters of Generations. I'd say Astalos and Dinovaldo are among my favorites. I also was introduced to the Nargacuga in this game and he's also pretty fun. I personally hit a wall on single-player Nibelsnarf, but after switching to Aerial style (I use dual blades), he became kind of a pushover.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Reviving I guess. My boyfriend and I started playing in 4 Ultimate. In Generations we got to High Rank pretty quick and easy. Hopefully G-Rank comes at some point though, since even the high rank Tetsucabra is easy in low rank gear (okay we're using Tetsucabra gear, but still). The single-player campaign is a bit of let-down and there's not really any story.

I do like the flagship monsters of Generations. I'd say Astalos and Dinovaldo are among my favorites. I also was introduced to the Nargacuga in this game and he's also pretty fun. I personally hit a wall on single-player Nibelsnarf, but after switching to Aerial style (I use dual blades), he became kind of a pushover.
I doubt we are getting G-rank for Generations, since the makers said they weren't planning on it. That and there's lots of content in the game as it is, so G-rank is sort of redundant. (Plus, we westerners are sorts spoiled on it, since half the games in Japan don't have it). I will agree on the story, though. After 4U's story, they just didn't even care.

Nible's issue is he's practically unchanged from 3U, where he was a 5 star monster, so you have to deal with him with pretty weak weapons this time around.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

So are Cross mechanics and special moves going to be in the future installments or are they a one time thing?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:So are Cross mechanics and special moves going to be in the future installments or are they a one time thing?
Going off of what happened to underwater combat and the Everfree Forest, most likely a one time thing. There might be some new weapons in future installments, but don't expect anything you see here to stick through the rest of the series, unless your name is Rathalos or Rathian.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Giratina93 wrote:Going off of what happened to underwater combat and the Everfree Forest, most likely a one time thing. There might be some new weapons in future installments, but don't expect anything you see here to stick through the rest of the series, unless your name is Rathalos or Rathian.
Or Tigrex or Zinogre.

So I got to 7-star quests recently. G-rank is uh...it's not needed. I am looking forward to fighting deviant monsters, just gotta gear up first.

I'm having fun with Aerial style dual blades, but I'm thinking of also giving Striker and Adept more honest tries. Guild style seems too standard. Any non-aerial dual blade users want to weigh in?

Also I'm thinking at some point of making a ranged character. Any suggestions for a weapon? I tried bow in MH4U but massively failed on the Great Jaggi in the training quest.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Darth Kiryu wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:Going off of what happened to underwater combat and the Everfree Forest, most likely a one time thing. There might be some new weapons in future installments, but don't expect anything you see here to stick through the rest of the series, unless your name is Rathalos or Rathian.
Or Tigrex or Zinogre.

So I got to 7-star quests recently. G-rank is uh...it's not needed. I am looking forward to fighting deviant monsters, just gotta gear up first.

I'm having fun with Aerial style dual blades, but I'm thinking of also giving Striker and Adept more honest tries. Guild style seems too standard. Any non-aerial dual blade users want to weigh in?

Also I'm thinking at some point of making a ranged character. Any suggestions for a weapon? I tried bow in MH4U but massively failed on the Great Jaggi in the training quest.
Adept DS are divine works of art. You get to stay in Demon mode forever, and it's just constant damage output. So many things get cheesed with smart Adept DS use. Getting the best Wolf's Maw takes some hoop hopping, but it's worth it.

Also, Adept Bow is beyond broken. Infinitely better than Bow was in 4U

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yes! About time Monster Hunter returns to Playstation! Looking forward to Monster Hunter World.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983