Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Tournaments

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

Another idea I had that I'm thinking about is a tournament called KaijuKen Tournament: Showa. This would be a one-on-one kaiju tournament with strictly Showa kaiju from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman and others (Kong, Giant Behemoth etc, etc, etc.) Would anybody have any interest in such a thing? I can imagine doing some more player-oriented things in it as well, maybe a sort of betting system?
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:Another idea I had that I'm thinking about is a tournament called KaijuKen Tournament: Showa. This would be a one-on-one kaiju tournament with strictly Showa kaiju from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman and others (Kong, Giant Behemoth etc, etc, etc.) Would anybody have any interest in such a thing? I can imagine doing some more player-oriented things in it as well, maybe a sort of betting system?
That could be interesting. I'd say it would work out pretty well.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Kiryu2012 wrote:
StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:Another idea I had that I'm thinking about is a tournament called KaijuKen Tournament: Showa. This would be a one-on-one kaiju tournament with strictly Showa kaiju from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman and others (Kong, Giant Behemoth etc, etc, etc.) Would anybody have any interest in such a thing? I can imagine doing some more player-oriented things in it as well, maybe a sort of betting system?
That could be interesting. I'd say it would work out pretty well.
Maybe, since there would be such an extensive roster on just Showa era kaiju that we should do a vote cast on who all gets in. Get some well established Ultra fans to dig up videos and info on some of the more worthy kaiju besides the well known (like Gomora, Zetton, Eleking etc).
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

If you are going to do a tournie, I'd honestly prefer your previous idea: having a tournament involving various characters from Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman/Ultra Galaxy franchises, regardless of the era. It would give one the option to choose from a much better selection of kaiju/ultras/mechs compared to a Showa-only tournament, IMHO.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
If you are going to do a tournie, I'd honestly prefer your previous idea: having a tournament involving various characters from Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman/Ultra Galaxy franchises, regardless of the era. It would give one the option to choose from a much better selection of kaiju/ultras/mechs compared to a Showa-only tournament, IMHO.
While true, I think this one might stand out a bit more and have more balanced matches and rosters where the likes of Destroyer and Space Godzilla don't just mow down everyone. And if a success, there's no reason we couldn't do a Heisei and Millennium only one in the future. Maybe just to find out who really is the best from all three eras.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote: While true, I think this one might stand out a bit more and have more balanced matches and rosters where the likes of Destroyer and Space Godzilla don't just mow down everyone. And if a success, there's no reason we couldn't do a Heisei and Millennium only one in the future. Maybe just to find out who really is the best from all three eras.
Trust me, there are plenty of roosters you could make that the likes of SG and Dessy would fit comfortably in (I'd actually quite like a powerhouse-style tourney, composed of powerful individuals from all three of the franchises you wanted to include).

But, basically, all I'm recommending you do is keep your options open. When making a tournament that includes characters from Godzilla, Gamera, and the Ultra series, you have quite a bit to choose from.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

What about an all Showa Ultraman tournament? What do people think of that?

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

It's sounds good on paper, until someone picks something overpowered and sweeps the tournie.

EmperorGhidorah wrote:What about an all Showa Ultraman tournament? What do people think of that?
I'm super into it
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

EmperorGhidorah wrote:What about an all Showa Ultraman tournament? What do people think of that?
I'd be open to that.
It's sounds good on paper, until someone picks something overpowered and sweeps the tournie.
Or we have people bet in each match, just not stick with one kaiju per the entire tournament.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:Trust me, there are plenty of roosters you could make that the likes of SG and Dessy would fit comfortably in (I'd actually quite like a powerhouse-style tourney, composed of powerful individuals from all three of the franchises you wanted to include).
That would be pretty cool I would go for that.

Added in 19 hours 8 minutes 54 seconds:

Considering how dead the Torunment Section has been if we ever Get another one, it should be a Undead monster tournament or something like that.
Godzilla

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

So, since nobody has done a tourney in a long time, I'm going to start one up. It's just gonna be a generic monster tourney. Little bit of everything save anime stuff. Still WIP but it should be ready soon-ish.

Scaling:
Scaling will be determined by arenas. Some arenas will only be one size, others may be coin-tossed to determine their size.
S=Small arenas. S Arenas will make all fighters human size or at least around there by default.
M=Medium arenas. M Arenas will scale all fighters to about the size of the BW King Kong (so about 30 feet).
L=Large Arenas. L Arenas will have all fighters be scaled to Showa Godzilla series sizes.
XL=Extra Large Arenas: XL Arenas scale all fighters to Heisei Godzilla series sizes.

Rewards:
-You got two options after winning a match. You can either take any monster from the opposing team or get a Mystery Bag. Mystery Bags have a chance of rewarding you with items such as protection from EMPs or a powerful monster.
-If you lose two matches in a row and have lost a fighter(s), you may be allowed to recoup your lost monsters via lottery. The monsters you gain will be ones that nobody currently has.

Teams:
-Everybody starts off with three monsters. Each team will start off with one powerhouse like Destoroyah and two regular monsters. All teams will be randomly selected for you.
-Some powerhouses will be two monsters that count as one fighter like The Gillas Brothers. There will be non-powerhouse group-fighters (A group of 2 Killer Shrews for example)
-Max amount of fighters is 6 (all group fighters like the Gillas Bros still only count as one)
-All available fighters will be sent out to fight.

Fight Rules:
-All abilities are turned on except transforming. Timers for Ultras are turned off.

Match Conditions:
-There will be certain conditions going on for each match. They will range from stuff like no regen, no projectiles, auto-scaling is turned off to all non-flying fighters are out of the fight.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Sounds awesome to me. Sorry that mine didn't take off like I hoped. I wish you well!
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

It's about time :lol: .

Anyway after this Tournment who would be up for something a little less gigantic per say, bascially a tourment involving Hollywood monsters like The Predator, Terminator or Xenomorph?
Godzilla

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

That sounds cool. I'd gladly partake in that.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I can fuck with it. Can't wait
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

I'm down for another tourney. Will wins/loses be determined by a voting system or another score-keeping method?

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Allow me to partake. MM's old tournament was cut short right as I got kicked out, but now I'm ready to come back and win.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:I'm down for another tourney. Will wins/loses be determined by a voting system or another score-keeping method?
The voting system was flawed as hell, I'd prefer a non-biased system.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

If you guys want to start a tournament best just start the thread ASAP instead of just hesitating till people lose interest. Discussion in this thread rarely amounts to much.

Added in 3 minutes 43 seconds:
Also what happened to custom titles? Been a while since I dropped by here.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:I'm down for another tourney. Will wins/loses be determined by a voting system or another score-keeping method?
Bit of both. You'll still vote to determine a winner. Once you get 5 losses, you are permanently out of the tourney. But if you grab a mystery bag, you may have a chance of having a loss taken off.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.