IDW's GODZILLA: RAGE AGAINST TIME

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: IDW's GODZILLA: RAGE AGAINST TIME

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I'm holding out hope its Orochi.
Doubt it. Toho will only give other companies the rights to use Godzilla related monsters. It's rather a shame. Monsters like Dagahra and Kumasogami has so much potential.
The Gargantuas aren't Godzilla monsters and then they let Idw create the Trilobites.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

miguelnuva wrote:The Gargantuas aren't Godzilla monsters and then they let Idw create the Trilobites.
Because they tied in with Frankenstein vs. Baragon whom Baragon is a Godzilla monster.

Kumasogami or Dagahra are neither of those.

Also Stair already told me that Orochi could still work but just can't be the design Toho used.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

miguelnuva wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I'm holding out hope its Orochi.
Doubt it. Toho will only give other companies the rights to use Godzilla related monsters. It's rather a shame. Monsters like Dagahra and Kumasogami has so much potential.
The Gargantuas aren't Godzilla monsters and then they let Idw create the Trilobites.
I believe this was explained in an interview with Matt Frank. Gaira appears in flashback/stock footage, opening the doors for IDW to use the Gargantuas. The same goes for Kamoebas who was in Tokyo SOS, tying it directly to YOG. Someone like Dogora can't be used (yet) because nothing ties it to the Godzilla franchise. I don't really understand how this works with the Rebith of Mothra trilogy, but I would kill someone to see Dagahra get a prominent role.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Toho is stupid sometimes. Their all your monsters use them together.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:I believe this was explained in an interview with Matt Frank. Gaira appears in flashback/stock footage, opening the doors for IDW to use the Gargantuas. The same goes for Kamoebas who was in Tokyo SOS, tying it directly to YOG. Someone like Dogora can't be used (yet) because nothing ties it to the Godzilla franchise. I don't really understand how this works with the Rebith of Mothra trilogy, but I would kill someone to see Dagahra get a prominent role.
Apparently Rebirth of Mothra is its own continuity and spin-off from the Godzilla franchise hence no tie-ins. That's probably why.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

GigaBowserG wrote:Matt's been uploading early previews of the first issue over on his FB.
Spoiler:

That 2nd one... Orochi? A bunch of Manda?
I'm definitely hoping for Orochi.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Dracosaurian wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Matt's been uploading early previews of the first issue over on his FB.
Spoiler:

That 2nd one... Orochi? A bunch of Manda?
I'm definitely hoping for Orochi.
It's probably just King Ghidorah.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I've always wanted to see a futuristic setting, like WAAAAAAAAY in the future, with Godzilla still attacking Tokyo
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Solicit for the second issue, Godzilla takes on the Greek Gods!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2016 ... mber-2016/

Anyone think they might release the Kraken on Godzilla? Also it looks like we might be getting original kaiju for this series, here's hoping Orochi is his enemy in the first issue.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm so excited to see him fight Zeus. Gives me hope for original kaiju.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Showa Gojira wrote:Solicit for the second issue, Godzilla takes on the Greek Gods!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2016 ... mber-2016/

Anyone think they might release the Kraken on Godzilla? Also it looks like we might be getting original kaiju for this series, here's hoping Orochi is his enemy in the first issue.
The Kraken was originally a product of Norse myth I believe. The Kraken your thinking of was from Clash of the Titans. However , there could also be Scylla, Charybis, the Chimera, or Hydra. The last one being the inspiration for Godzilla's triple domed arch foe, King Ghidorah.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If Orochi is in the first issue I highly doubt the Hydra will be in the latter issues. Just to samey. I honestly get the impression from the cover that Godzilla might fight the Greek pantheon. There's a great selection of mythological beings for Godzilla to fight. For all we know maybe he'll fight Hercules; sounds far fetched but Id be down for something different.

Edit: just realized the sub cover has Zeus throwing lightning, and the first cover has it as well. This'll be interesting for sure. I'm awaiting the moment where Zeus morphs into gabara or something haha
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LSD Jellyfish wrote:If Orochi is in the first issue I highly doubt the Hydra will be in the latter issues. Just to samey. I honestly get the impression from the cover that Godzilla might fight the Greek pantheon. There's a great selection of mythological beings for Godzilla to fight. For all we know maybe he'll fight Hercules; sounds far fetched but Id be down for something different.

Edit: just realized the sub cover has Zeus throwing lightning, and the first cover has it as well. This'll be interesting for sure. I'm awaiting the moment where Zeus morphs into gabara or something haha
Godzilla vs. Cronus is something I'd especially love to see. 8-)

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

GODZILLA RAGE ACROSS TIME #2
(W) Chris Mowry and Kahlil Schweitzer, (A) Tadd Galusha
In ancient Greece, the gods would toy with the lives of mortals as it suited their fancy. None could oppose the will of these mighty gods... until the arrival of Godzilla!
Regular Cover: Bob Eggleton
Subscription Variant Cover: Tadd Galusha
Retailer Incentive Variant Cover: Aaron John Gregory
In Shops: 9/21/2016
SRP: $3.99

http://www.kaijubattle.net/godzilla-idw ... n-from-idw

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

If love to see guys like Gorosaurus and King Carsar appear in this, Ghidorah will be a standin for the hydra of course, but Orochi would be really badass to see

Also, a Cerberus, Griffon, and such would also be awesome.
I really hope they throw a few new Kaiju in

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It does seem like Godzilla is just fighting the Greek pantheon. I just hope they include a Greek monster to mix things up.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

I really hope this series doesn't force in other kaiju. I want to see Godzilla take on Greek mythology and Greek myhology alone. A few Titans (Chronos), the Gods etc.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ This is going to be more than just attacking Greece, the entire premis is Godzilla quantum leaping

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ This is going to be more than just attacking Greece, the entire premis is Godzilla quantum leaping
Yes, I know. But for this issue, I'd like to see just Godzilla against the Olympians.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ This is going to be more than just attacking Greece, the entire premis is Godzilla quantum leaping
Yes, I know. But for this issue, I'd like to see just Godzilla against the Olympians.
Oh ok, yeah, I agree