Ghostbusters General Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

Favorite Ghostbusters Movie

Ghostbusters (1986)
85%
Ghostbusters 2
7%
Ghostbusters (2016)
7%

Total votes: 55

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Re: Ghostbusters General Thread

Postby TyrantGojira » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Young Guy wrote:Right, this just reeks of feminazism to me. Plus, I love how they picked the fattest and ugliest women they could find to play the busters; any women who is the slightest bit attractive is over sexualised! Might as well put them in business suits.

"I ain't afraid of no patriarchy..."

I feel the same way. They're just making a feminist propaganda film with a Ghostbusters cosmetic to it. Instead of rebooting it, why not make a movie where Venkman and Stanz are retired and are being mentors for a new team of Ghostbusters?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

darthzilla99
Interpol Agent

Postby darthzilla99 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Why did they not just adabt extreme Ghostbusters? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Ghostbusters
It had gender, race, and handicapped diverse characters with decent and changeable backstories, a decent plot for introducing a new generation, and has some nostalgia factors they could have played up. Heck, instead of Egon they could have had Dan Aykroyd's character be the mentor. Just us the characters and the good parts of their backstories, change what they want, and voilà.
"Your not coming off as cocky. You come off as an idiot" by SBK.

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:53 pm

darthzilla99 wrote:Why did they not just adabt extreme Ghostbusters? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Ghostbusters
It had gender, race, and handicapped diverse characters with decent and changeable backstories, a decent plot for introducing a new generation, and has some nostalgia factors they could have played up. Heck, instead of Egon they could have had Dan Aykroyd's character be the mentor. Just us the characters and the good parts of their backstories, change what they want, and voilà.

That would of been awesome as well.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 am

"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:00 am

The One and Only wrote:Director Paul Feig tells us what the complainers can do.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/128981/ghostbusters-paul-feig-tells-disgruntled-fan-to-fck-himself/

Hey, the guy should expect criticism. Ghostbusters fans have been waiting years for a Ghostbusters 3 and this guy throws that in the toilet and says "skreeonk you, misogynists. I'm rebooting this and making 'em ladies cause mah oppression and feminism".

Starsteam
Keizer

Postby Starsteam » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 am

I really got to applaud Dread Central there. That write up was calm and mature... unlike most of the people bashing/defending this movie.

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:41 am

Hey, I mean much like every movie you have to see it before you judge it. And if you don't/do like it then, that's a personal opinion that no one except yourself can take away,
Every fan fic I've made so far http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p624848
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDz...9FTHC6A/videos
I want Kong v Godzilla To Be like BvS but...y'know, better critically received. With Mothra filling the role of Wonder Woman and Ghidorah filling the role of Doomsday. Here's to hoping. :D

Calling It Now, GvKK, King Kong won't be an inch under 250 ft.

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:51 am

Starsteam wrote:I really got to applaud Dread Central there. That write up was calm and mature... unlike most of the people bashing/defending this movie.

There are people defending this movie? :lol:
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 pm

I haven't been paying attention to this movie and in fact had forgotten it had existed in the first place, besides the very obvious basics exactly what else has happened to cause such hatred?
Godzilla

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Postby StAiRcAsE KiTtY » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:00 pm

I've said it to a few friends, but I firmly believe that a female Ghostbusters should be allowed. So long as we get a remake of The Craft that features an all male cast.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:31 pm

Female Ghostbusters? That's cool. Nothing wrong with that. IDW did it and did it well.

Bringing back a dead franchise just to make loads of nostalgia bucks + throw the feminists a bone? Not okay, especially when its done as poorly as this movie.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Staircase Kitty wrote:I've said it to a few friends, but I firmly believe that a female Ghostbusters should be allowed. So long as we get a remake of The Craft that features an all male cast.

They already have about ten years back. It was called THE COVENANT.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:08 pm

We havent even seen a damn trailer.
Every fan fic I've made so far http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p624848
I want Kong v Godzilla To Be like BvS but...y'know, better critically received. With Mothra filling the role of Wonder Woman and Ghidorah filling the role of Doomsday. Here's to hoping. :D

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Young Guy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 am

Staircase Kitty wrote:I've said it to a few friends, but I firmly believe that a female Ghostbusters should be allowed. So long as we get a remake of The Craft that features an all male cast.

I said something similar, but with an all-male Charlie's Angels.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:55 am

I think the man was joking, but Zombie Godfather, George A. Romero. Had said in an interview in Wizard that he pitched a remake of the Magnificent Seven featuring seven women gunfighters. The title for it was THE MAGNIFICENT FOURTEEN. :mrgreen:

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Postby StAiRcAsE KiTtY » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:18 pm

The One and Only wrote:

They already have about ten years back. It was called THE COVENANT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP0C9gox1yc

Let me rephrase this. A remake of The Craft actually called "The Craft" where the characters behave like men.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:18 pm

ernesth100 wrote:Hey, I mean much like every movie you have to see it before you judge it.

...Weren't you the guy claiming that TMNT was your favorite movie of 2014 before it even came out?

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Hey, I mean much like every movie you have to see it before you judge it.

...Weren't you the guy claiming that TMNT was your favorite movie of 2014 before it even came out?

I was mentally retarded back then. I've ventured to other forums and realized it doesnt worl that way.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SteveIrwinFan96
Interpol Agent

Postby SteveIrwinFan96 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Speaking of TMNT, Megan Fox pretty much said the same thing Paul Feig said to those who payed to see the new TMNT film and hated it.

DinoMaster
JXSDF Technician

Postby DinoMaster » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Y'know, to get the Ghostbusters thread back on topic, I see no real issue with them being a full female cast. Because, with parts of the original cast dead, it's hard to make a Ghostbusters 3. And honestly, from what we've seen of production pictures, it looks like it's going to be a perfectly fine Ghostbusters film. But it's really hard to make a judgemnet over the fact we haven't seen a trailer at all yet.

Return to “Monster Manor”