GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:Do you think there will be a big trade hard/paperback with every ROE issue like they did for HGM?
Considering its twice the length, no. They would have already done this with Part 1, issues 1-12 if that were the case.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:Do you think there will be a big trade hard/paperback with every ROE issue like they did for HGM?
Considering its twice the length, no. They would have already done this with Part 1, issues 1-12 if that were the case.
Mmmmm, I guess I'll have to collect all the Volumes.

I already have Volume 1, but have been holding out on getting the rest just in case they announce a book with the entire series.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Hey Guys!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/m ... -2015.html
Matt and I worked on an overall idea for that which happened to allow us to bring in Mecha-King Ghidorah as well. One thing you'll notice, though is that we can't kill any of the monsters... so the Mechagodzilla units are numbered 3 and above. You won't find a 1 or 2 in the bunch since they're technically trademarked characters.
Ha I was Right! So anyway this does confirm no Kaiju died in the Pod saga or any other series outside of Fan Canon that is.
Godzilla

Skeleturtle
Monsterland Worker

Post by Skeleturtle »

So not even Mothra, Destroyah or Monster X have truly died? Doesn't sound that much convincing to me.
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote:I like the overall design, but a few things bother me.

Like, why does he walk with his hands facing palm up? That looks so awkward.
"Where the hell did I park? I could have sworn it was by Shibuya."

The plot twist is Godzilla's just looking for his damn car. His hands are facing palm up as if telling the world 'What the skreeonk'

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/m ... -2015.html

The interview is very interesting.

There are a few things that stood out to me. Stuff like "Godzilla can't eat a whale" sounds absolutely ludicrous to me. Like, damn.

Also, its odd how they say they couldn't use any Toho aliens when the Black Hole Aliens showed up in the Dark Horse comics as well as Legends. Might be the one exception for some reason? Rather odd that they wouldn't be able to use the rest, wonder why that is.

Lastly, Mowry explained the iceberg situation.
Mowry: This is the first time that it's been mentioned, but there was a thought that Godzilla's ultimate enemy was going to be himself. The final issue was going to be Godzilla vs. Godzilla, with the one we've known all along fighting for his life against a clone of himself. So having another Godzilla show up in an iceberg would be told later on as the clone escaping or something (but still dishing out sweet justice on some illegal hunters), but I think right when we had started proposing ideas, Toho said no to that. So an untold story that has never been put to paper would probably be how Godzilla burrowed from the remains of the Devonian fortress, then meeting up with Megalon along the way in a fight that goes underground until Godzilla wins and finds himself frozen in the Arctic circle. That was probably one of the biggest disappointments I have with the series. I should have handled that a lot better.
---
g2vd wrote:Hey Guys!Ha I was Right! So anyway this does confirm no Kaiju died in the Pod saga or any other series outside of Fan Canon that is.
Not true, and again it's not that black and white. There are obviously exceptions because quite a few kaiju have been killed before.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Toho literally makes no sense. He can't eat a fucking whale? Why? What purpose does that serve? To keep up some mystery about what he says? Idk.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Toho literally makes no sense. He can't eat a skreeonking whale? Why? What purpose does that serve? To keep up some mystery about what he says? Idk.
Godzilla has never been shown actually eating which is why they don't want him to eat anything. I believe that is one reason duetailios was cut from Biollante. It may be silly but there is precedent.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Junior was confirmed to eat whales, no?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

B34sT wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:Toho literally makes no sense. He can't eat a skreeonking whale? Why? What purpose does that serve? To keep up some mystery about what he says? Idk.
Godzilla has never been shown actually eating which is why they don't want him to eat anything. I believe that is one reason duetailios was cut from Biollante. It may be silly but there is precedent.
Deutalios was cut for several reasons, but it wasn't because it showed Godzilla eating, but rather how graphic the scene was to be. Godzilla was supposed to rip apart Deutalios' body like the T-Rex would in Jurassic Park. Eating small animals he can essentially swallow is one thing, but eating another 200 foot tall monster is another.

There's really no reason not to show Godzilla eating; just because it hasn't been done before is a ludicrous reason. It's a really stupid rule. If they cut it because it was going to be gory, I can understand, but simply because they don't want to show Godzilla eating is batshit insane. As if it would somehow hurt Godzilla's character or something.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Godzilla Junior was confirmed to eat whales, no?
I believe so, it's been a while since I've seen the movie but I distinctly remember hearing something like that.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Mr. X wrote:
g2vd wrote:Hey Guys!Ha I was Right! So anyway this does confirm no Kaiju died in the Pod saga or any other series outside of Fan Canon that is.
Not true, and again it's not that black and white. There are obviously exceptions because quite a few kaiju have been killed before.
Here is my explanation.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 7&start=80

Kaiju that are never seen again are still alive. such as Kaiser if he was dead you think somebody would mention they have a corpse, Kamacuras are just like MG the rest is in the link.

Yes, Junior ate whales in GVD.
Godzilla

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

g2vd wrote:Here is my explanation.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 7&start=80

Kaiju that are never seen again are still alive. such as Kaiser if he was dead you think somebody would mention they have a corpse, Kamacuras are just like MG the rest is in the link.
And both myself and LSD responded to that already.

I'm pretty sure they'd much sooner mention or show Keizer Ghidorah if he wasn't dead yet rather than showing his useless corpse. If he was still alive you think that'd come up at some point, even in conversation. He died. Other monsters died too. There are a few exceptions to the "no monsters die" rule. Some of the stuff like assuming Gezora and Manda died off-panel would indeed be head-cannon, since there isn't much to that theory, but other monsters in various other series have explicitly been shown to be dead. That's all there is to it. Not that hard.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I just realized, gah, Orga wasn't addressed!

Also the clone war thing is interesting but I wonder how they'd make the other Godzilla stand out. Like make him burning it GMK Esque? I feel like Toho wants to have the comics not have any super new or not done ideas should they decided to make a movie of Godzilla vs Godzilla in the future.

Also continuing the death thing: Godzilla in hell had a busted up moguera. And let's not forget Kiryu was destroyed in the final issue. I feel like they can't officially say,"X died" but they're free to chop off certain characters.

And again both Manda and Gezora are completely different then let's say MG or Godzilla. IIRC Manda is killed both in Atragon and for sure in GFW. Gezora was killed too in Space Amoeba.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

The Mecha's can be repaired they can't die. and they are a variation of the characters in the movie, if Kiryu was built with a Godzilla Skelton than he couldn't probably be destroyed just like the MGs. Moguera probably follows a similar thing and again toho doesn't care they don't want their Kaiju to die.
Godzilla

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I'll agree that they probably care less about the mechs; they're likely more lenient on having those get trashed, but it's not because they can be repainted (otherwise we would've seen Kiryu and Moguera at the end of ROE instead of all the other new vehicles), but because technically they aren't even monsters - they're just big weapons. Toho's probably okay with those getting owned moreso than the monsters.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

In the marvel comics he is shown eating the vegetation off tree tops and there's an old image from a Toho approved book stating and showing that Godzilla eats whales.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Godzillian wrote:
In the marvel comics he is shown eating the vegetation off tree tops and there's an old image from a Toho approved book stating and showing that Godzilla eats whales.
And the Godzilla Monster ride in Japan has him eating fruit and there is also the 54 deleted scene with him eating a cow.
Godzilla

Skeleturtle
Monsterland Worker

Post by Skeleturtle »

Godzillian wrote:
Sorry for off-topic, but can you give a scan of Godzilla eating trees from Marvel? I read it long time ago and don't remember such a thing. If that is true, does that mean that Big G is omnivorous?
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote:I like the overall design, but a few things bother me.

Like, why does he walk with his hands facing palm up? That looks so awkward.
"Where the hell did I park? I could have sworn it was by Shibuya."

The plot twist is Godzilla's just looking for his damn car. His hands are facing palm up as if telling the world 'What the skreeonk'

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I don't know about the Marvel comics but one of Random House's books showed Godzilla and the other monsters on Monster Island eating trees and coconuts.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think this is precisely why Toho tries to limit creativity. They don't want a statement on whether he's a herbivore or omnivore.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I think this is precisely why Toho tries to limit creativity. They don't want a statement on whether he's a herbivore or omnivore.
It's also because IDW is not Bandai who can apparently do anything.
Godzilla