Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gigan72
Keizer

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by gigan72 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Yeah my Walmart never had jack for the longest time except some party cups. I eventually found the boxer shorts and they only just got the 6" Neca and the Scaler a few months ago. Even then there are only a handful and they're hidden up in the trading card section.
Yup, my Wal-Mart got two Neca G14's. One sold, but the other is sitting there because the movie came out a year ago....
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Chris55 wrote:fall of 2016
Shocker.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

gigan72 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Yeah my Walmart never had jack for the longest time except some party cups. I eventually found the boxer shorts and they only just got the 6" Neca and the Scaler a few months ago. Even then there are only a handful and they're hidden up in the trading card section.
Yup, my Wal-Mart got two Neca G14's. One sold, but the other is sitting there because the movie came out a year ago....
For the holidays, the Neca Godzilla 2014s sold quickly at my Walmart and I got the 2nd one left. You wanna see shelf warmers, look at the BC King caesar. :lol:
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Mr. X wrote:
Shocker.
Snarky

:)
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Chris55 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
Shocker.
Snarky

:)
Can you blame me though? We were told in February 2013 that they wanted to hear our feedback, and got us anticipating some kind of revival of the line. And here we are, mid-2015, with nothing new and being told we're not getting anything new until late 2016 at the earliest.

It's fairly annoying. I like this line - some of the last few figures have been really great, and I'm eager to see what else they can put out. But now I'm wondering if they're ever going to put anything else out, and if they ever care about our feedback.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Mr. X wrote: It's fairly annoying. I like this line - some of the last few figures have been really great, and I'm eager to see what else they can put out. But now I'm wondering if they're ever going to put anything else out, and if they ever care about our feedback.
That's exactly how I feel. G14, King Caesar, and MechaGodzilla have all been very nice looking figures; I imagine if they moved on to characters like Megalon or Kumonga (or whatever figures we were clamoring for last year), they'd look just as good. Its just that they aren't.

It wouldn't be a big deal if the big 'Fan requests' thing didn't happen. That just built up hype that went nowhere.

By the way... why wasn't Anguirus '55 released? Was it some sort of licensing problem?
Last edited by Mechagigan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

The line is pretty much almost dead by now.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

bczilla91
Monarch Researcher

Post by bczilla91 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:The line is pretty much almost dead by now.
No it isn't.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Mr. X wrote:It's fairly annoying. I like this line - some of the last few figures have been really great, and I'm eager to see what else they can put out. But now I'm wondering if they're ever going to put anything else out, and if they ever care about our feedback.
From my store experience, BC products don't sell, Godzilla in general, my local TRUs are full of NECA figures and BC figures, you can still find the JAKKS figure everywhere.

BC's effort is really only worthwhile to a small audience it seems and too small to justify expense. In the U.S. Godzilla seems best suited to comic shops importing products from other countries where he sells very well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see NECA's line end soon, unless they show off a good amount of figures at SDCC I'm about ready to right them off, we haven't seen a completely new sculpt in almost a year, with only the video game repack since, and that figure we saw a year ago still isn't out.

This is why I jumped all over the merchandising when the movie first came out, I know how Godzilla is in the states so I ate up the fact that there was a whole slew of stuff we haven't seen the likes of since '98. Look at NECA's actions though, how much non-figural merchandise did they plan out and look what they actually made, they were going to do clothes and keychains and tons of stuff, and none of it ever saw light of day.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:It's fairly annoying. I like this line - some of the last few figures have been really great, and I'm eager to see what else they can put out. But now I'm wondering if they're ever going to put anything else out, and if they ever care about our feedback.
that figure we saw a year ago still isn't out.
What figure?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

I see them waiting until 2016 before considering putting out anything new. Seems Godzilla "excitement" has died down a bit and would be silly to put anything else new out.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

I wish they would at least release that bright orange Burning Godzilla and the one that was regularly painted but molded in a translucent orange.
And what about Little Godzilla?
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Kaijunator wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:
that figure we saw a year ago still isn't out.
What figure?
'54 Godzilla, it's been almost a year since we first saw it.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Mechagigan wrote:It wouldn't be a big deal if the big 'Fan requests' thing didn't happen. That just built up hype that went nowhere.

By the way... why wasn't Anguirus '55 released? Was it some sort of licensing problem?
Eh, I would care. Chris has been making a big deal about how they cared what we thought and wanted to know what we wanted to see. I'd still like to see that come true. I've been calling BS that they cared for a little while now, and I'd like to be proven wrong.

I don't recall why Angy wasn't released, if a reason was ever given, but I don't think it had anything to do with licensing issues.
GFAN198423 wrote:From my store experience, BC products don't sell, Godzilla in general, my local TRUs are full of NECA figures and BC figures, you can still find the JAKKS figure everywhere.

BC's effort is really only worthwhile to a small audience it seems and too small to justify expense. In the U.S. Godzilla seems best suited to comic shops importing products from other countries where he sells very well.
Huh, I haven't seen the Jakks figure anywhere. Only once when I was on vacation last year. But I do see the BC figures everywhere.

If the line just isn't doing that good, then I wish they, at the very least, wouldn't do all this stuff like asking everyone what they think of the line and what they want to see in the future, like a revival is on the way or something.
DoubleDam21 wrote:I see them waiting until 2016 before considering putting out anything new. Seems Godzilla "excitement" has died down a bit and would be silly to put anything else new out.
If only there was a year where Godzilla had a big anniversary and a major film event, like the first film in a decade and the first "real" American film... oh.

I still think they missed out last year. They went a little overboard with the Godzilla 2014 merch, much of which, honestly, wasn't too great. I really wish they did something with the classics line.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

gigan72 wrote:I wish they would at least release that bright orange Burning Godzilla and the one that was regularly painted but molded in a translucent orange.
That Fusion burning Godzilla was actually a cool looking figure; much like the NECA, it would have looked great in with light shining through. Little Godzilla would have been nice for the sake of having an affordable Little Godzilla, too.

Let's also not forget the Mecha-King Ghidorah that was in the same reveal picture as Anguirus '55, also.
Mr. X wrote:
DoubleDam21 wrote:I see them waiting until 2016 before considering putting out anything new. Seems Godzilla "excitement" has died down a bit and would be silly to put anything else new out.
If only there was a year where Godzilla had a big anniversary and a major film event, like the first film in a decade and the first "real" American film... oh.
I agree that the Godzilla market is far from booming, definitely, but something more definitely could've been done for the whole anniversary deal. Even something simple like a gashapon or chibi set that had a few different monsters or Godzilla incarnations would've been cool.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Mechagigan wrote:
gigan72 wrote:I wish they would at least release that bright orange Burning Godzilla and the one that was regularly painted but molded in a translucent orange.
That Fusion burning Godzilla was actually a cool looking figure; much like the NECA, it would have looked great in with light shining through. Little Godzilla would have been nice for the sake of having an affordable Little Godzilla, too.

Let's also not forget the Mecha-King Ghidorah that was in the same reveal picture as Anguirus '55, also.
Yeah I was also quite fond of the Tokyo Vinyl King Ghidorah as well. I don't know why but some of the better merchandise seem to never hit shelfs like they save the best for last which is a shame.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Mr. X wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:It wouldn't be a big deal if the big 'Fan requests' thing didn't happen. That just built up hype that went nowhere.

Eh, I would care. Chris has been making a big deal about how they cared what we thought and wanted to know what we wanted to see. I'd still like to see that come true. I've been calling BS that they cared for a little while now, and I'd like to be proven wrong.

I don't recall why Angy wasn't released, if a reason was ever given, but I don't think it had anything to do with licensing issues.
They tell me they care when I go down to their main offices and speak to them in person. If they didn't care then why would I be there? Why would I have done multiple interviews with them?
Things happen on the business end of the figures. Things that you're not privy to and yeah it sucks when things don't work out. Keep in mind that the fan poll was BANDAI'S idea. Not mine. The top 5 monsters that got the most votes will be revealed as soon as they give me the info (they didn't tell me the winner even though I pressed them to do so) and I'll post it on TK.

As far as that, what, 13 year old Angurius sculpt goes and why it never came out, chances are stores didn't want to carry it or the line wasn't selling well at the time so it got dropped from the line up and that happens a lot. Remember the Tokyo Vinyl King Ghidorah and the Little Godzilla prototypes I took photos of 2 years ago?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Mechagigan wrote:I agree that the Godzilla market is far from booming, definitely, but something more definitely could've been done for the whole anniversary deal. Even something simple like a gashapon or chibi set that had a few different monsters or Godzilla incarnations would've been cool.
Yeah, its not just BC on that one. I would've liked to have seen more from Bandai Japan.
Chris55 wrote:They tell me they care when I go down to their main offices and speak to them in person. If they didn't care then why would I be there? Why would I have done multiple interviews with them?
Things happen on the business end of the figures. Things that you're not privy to and yeah it sucks when things don't work out. Keep in mind that the fan poll was BANDAI'S idea. Not mine. The top 5 monsters that got the most votes will be revealed as soon as they give me the info (they didn't tell me the winner even though I pressed them to do so) and I'll post it on TK.
Alright, settle down.

If they did have plans for some more releases that fell through/were changed, it would've been nice to have been told that earlier. For the past 2+ years we've been told more stuff is coming, and it just keeps getting pushed back. I realize things change, sometimes beyond their control, but there's only so long you can keep saying "something's coming, something's coming" before it starts to sound like, maybe, perhaps, it was BS the whole time. Even if it wasn't, you can't blame me for thinking that when they've done nothing to show or even suggest otherwise.

Fall of 2016 will have been 3 and half years since this began, and we haven't seen or heard that any progress is happening.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Mr. X wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:I agree that the Godzilla market is far from booming, definitely, but something more definitely could've been done for the whole anniversary deal. Even something simple like a gashapon or chibi set that had a few different monsters or Godzilla incarnations would've been cool.
Yeah, its not just BC on that one. I would've liked to have seen more from Bandai Japan.
Chris55 wrote:They tell me they care when I go down to their main offices and speak to them in person. If they didn't care then why would I be there? Why would I have done multiple interviews with them?
Alright, settle down.

If they did have plans for some more releases that fell through/were changed, it would've been nice to have been told that earlier. For the past 2+ years we've been told more stuff is coming, and it just keeps getting pushed back. I realize things change, sometimes beyond their control, but there's only so long you can keep saying "something's coming, something's coming" before it starts to sound like, maybe, perhaps, it was BS the whole time. Even if it wasn't, you can't blame me for thinking that when they've done nothing to show or even suggest otherwise.

Fall of 2016 will have been 3 and half years since this began, and we haven't seen or heard that any progress is happening.
See here's the thing buddy, you can buy a toy and complain all you want, but that doesn't mean you know how business works.
Sorry, but you're acting like an idiot and refusing to do a little research on how business actually works.

Just because Godzilla is "Well known", doesn't mean that a toy line would sell very well right now. I visited Toys R Us a few times around The Release for G14 and after G14.

-When G14 was in fully hype, you could find tons of Godzilla toys.
-After G14 had gotten out of Theaters, you couldn't find a damn thing.

That's because Godzilla normally doesn't have a foundation to justify a mass release for toys and other media. Godizilla in the US isn't like other brands like, TMNT, Power Rangers, Marvel, it's a foreign property that doesn't have a steady base to stand on and can be dug out of a box to make brand new toys with.

TMNT has an ideal look that can be changed on command, based on what the company wants the "Current Turtle" style to be, compare the Original TMNT to the current series.

Godzilla doesn't have that same freedom. You can't just change Godzilla for a modern style/look, Toho would be breathing down your neck, making sure NOTHING changes without their approval or desire. Godzilla doesn't have a Cartoon every year, Godzilla just only got a reboot after 15 years and had a small toyline based on the film. Godzilla would not sell as much because you can't make 20 different versions of Heisei Godzilla.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Hotrod93 wrote:See here's the thing buddy,
Here we go.
you can buy a toy and complain all you want, but that doesn't mean you know how business works.
I don't know how the business works. I've explained this numerous times.

But I know a lot goes into it. Its not like I ever expected them to just hear out our requests and release new figures based solely on our suggestions, and immediately. I might be stupid, but I ain't that stupid. All I know is that we've gone years without so much as hearing anything.
Just because Godzilla is "Well known", doesn't mean that a toy line would sell very well right now.
Here's the problem. You seem to be confusing me with someone else.

I'm well aware of where Godzilla is, toy-wise. I know Godzilla figures don't sell that well. Over the years I've seen the same BC figures sitting on shelves and collecting dust. I know they're not doing so hot and haven't been for a long time. I've never used that "But he's well known! Therefore he can sell anything!" excuse, and frankly, I've always hated it. It just reeks of childish ignorance. Godzilla just doesn't sell that well. I get that.

I'm simply frustrated because, well... when this began, we were told they wanted to hear our feedback. They wanted to know our thoughts on the line, where to improve, what we were interested in seeing next. It sounded like, to all of us, that they were planning on bringing the line back. I can still recall people listing off ideas for things like playsets. I never expected BC to start releasing all kinds of merch like that, or anything beyond more 6/12 inch figures. But they built up quite a bit of hype... and then we didn't hear anything. If they're afraid that these things just won't sell well enough, that it'll be more trouble than its worth, they could've said so instead of dragging this on for as long as they did. You can't blame me for being disappointed that we're going to go three and half years, or longer, without seeing a single new figure.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote: