Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by DinoMaster »

So, I know I need to work on Kaiju & Kaijin, but inspiration is at a bit of a road block. So I was thinking on doing a different piece for a bit, something that I've wanted to do since I was little. I'm in the planning stages for a "Mockumentary" a la Walking with Dinosaurs. This is what I've got so far, just an idea at a wall. I've got a few places picked out so far, but I'm open to some suguesstions.

We're gonna go through time bit by bit, exploring places that seem familiar and alien at the same time. This won't be your average walk through the park, nor a normal jump back through time. We're going from the jungles of the Early Paleocene to the scrubs of Jurassic Africa, and more. Come with us on a journey through Bizarre Prehistory.

Places
-Early Paleocene Canada
- Elrhaz Formation, Cretaceous Niger
- Early Jurassic Africa
- Pleistocene Madagascar
- Triassic Coastline of Europe
- Late Mid-Permian South Africa.

Boobzilla
Young Farmer

Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by Boobzilla »

Alright guys, first off I just wanna thank you guys for letting me join as I'm a huge fan of Godzilla. Now I m also a huge star wars fan as well and I need your help. I'm also known as Boobymitch on fan fiction.net. now the help is that I'm making another star wars and Godzilla crossover and despite the others, some of u on their were dissapointed. So I would like for u! The die hard Godzilla fans to post ideas and suggestions for this remake series. By the way, this will be based off the showa Godzilla.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Boobzilla wrote:Alright guys, first off I just wanna thank you guys for letting me join as I'm a huge fan of Godzilla. Now I m also a huge star wars fan as well and I need your help. I'm also known as Boobymitch on fan fiction.net. now the help is that I'm making another star wars and Godzilla crossover and despite the others, some of u on their were dissapointed. So I would like for u! The die hard Godzilla fans to post ideas and suggestions for this remake series. By the way, this will be based off the showa Godzilla.
HOLY SHIT ITS YOU

THE AHSOKAZILLA SHIP-MAKER

I AM CRYING
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Boobzilla
Young Farmer

Post by Boobzilla »

Lol yeah its me. Now I understand the friendship between Godzilla and ahsoka is both a popular and unpopular thing. now I realize my mistake as this only works with the showa version. Which is why I'm asking for u guys for help as I need ideas for episodes. Now I already have ideas set in stone, but there needs to be more so u guys come up with the greatest ideas and determining how good they are, I'll make it an episode and mention your name at the end as a tribute.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Boobzilla wrote:now I realize my mistake as this only works with the showa version.
No, no, it's not that at all.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Snake
Samurai

Writer's block

Post by Snake »

I'm such a rabid perfectionist that I can hardly bring myself to type words on the screen, even for something as simple as a forum post. It doesn't help that I've suffered from clinical depression for years, or that I've just started another demanding semester of community college. I finished the first, extremely rough draft of a novel last December, if that could be considered anything, but I hated it. The plot was incomprehensible, the characterization screwy, the dialogue terrible. Most of the manuscript consisted of me summarizing the chapters in sentences or single paragraphs! It was that bad! I can barely bring myself to look at it!

I have a bunch of other story ideas, but I think I don't have what it takes. I've tried my hand at fanfiction, and failed. I tried my hand at writing a novel, and failed. I can't even write short stories. Might as well get a job flipping burgers or working as a janitor.
They never found any corpse.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Writer's block is my worst enemy. I cannot find any way out of it at the moment.

Anyway, I have a few things here that I could use some guidance with and would like to test the waters about:
1. Anybody remember Glen? I was quite into it at first and intended it as a "Slice of Life" in the manner of Ed, Edd n Eddy. I then ran into a snag that even if I had Glen grow as a character as I intended, he was already introduced as a prankster that could be extremely mean spirited, which made him an unlikable character. I know that type of character can be outright painful to read.

2. This is the last year for me to enter a writing contest, which is admittedly less important to me than writing something I can be satisfied since I won't win anyway but still deserves mentioning.

The idea finds its setting in the woods along a beaten hiking trail (at least the bulk of it, there will likely be an introduction scene set at a different location with a look at the characters and dialogue). The story begins with a scout group hiking on the way to meeting with the other troops (a grand total of three troops exist, it is not necessarily a very big "scout" organization). The scouts arrive at the destination where they were supposed to have a meeting with the other troops only to find the place entirely vacant and no signs of anyone approaching. They wait but nobody ever arrives, which increases tension between both the adults and children around. The scouts grow more chaotic and afraid as time goes on, rendering three characters lost in the woods and they quickly wind up being plagued by a bear(kid pulling a prank). The search parties end up less than successful, since everyone is either a kid or adults that are having a strong disagreement. It is pretty much up to the characters that represent the child side of things to find their way back, and the one representative of the adult side to fix everything.

I intend to inject this story with a lot of humor, since the panic feels like it would be hard to take seriously. I am sort of lost in what the smaller details will end up being. Comments and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by EdGojira on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Ice Man
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Ice Man »

don't really like most of the wrestling matches I have written so far and I would like to know if you guys have any tips for writing fights.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I know I just posted here just two posts above, but I got an idea for a Five Nights at Freddy's story that involves some exploration of theories and canon (instead of being a survival story) and feel like I need some help ironing out the errors in that area. I would need to give spoilers about the fan fiction, is there anyone who would be willing to help me in this matter?

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

So, I got an idea for a little one off. Photography has been one of the more moving mediums for conveying messages and sights to be seen from around the world. From plights of endangered animals to war zones, we see it every day in our world. And yet, there has been little mention of it in the world of kaiju. So I'm thinking of writing a story, of a reporter interviewing the "Kaiju Catcher", a photographer who specializes in photographing giant monsters, now retired. I'd like to see if it's worth the time.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I think it could work as a one shot type of story or like a couple chapter story.

It has quite a bit of potential.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

I was actually thinking of doing a Godzilla version of the classic Christmas Charol, with Godzilla Heisei being Scrooge, Anguirus representing Jacob Marley, Showa Godzilla being the Ghost of Christmas Past, Godzilla Junior being the Ghost of Christmas Present, and with the original Godzilla 54 or GMK Godzilla representing the Ghost of Christmas Future. Think this could work?
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

shippersdreamer wrote:I was actually thinking of doing a Godzilla version of the classic Christmas Charol, with Godzilla Heisei being Scrooge, Anguirus representing Jacob Marley, Showa Godzilla being the Ghost of Christmas Past, Godzilla Junior being the Ghost of Christmas Present, and with the original Godzilla 54 or GMK Godzilla representing the Ghost of Christmas Future. Think this could work?
I think this could work and I'm actually curious to see this. You have my hype I guess you can say. Make it. :)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

shippersdreamer wrote:I was actually thinking of doing a Godzilla version of the classic Christmas Charol, with Godzilla Heisei being Scrooge, Anguirus representing Jacob Marley, Showa Godzilla being the Ghost of Christmas Past, Godzilla Junior being the Ghost of Christmas Present, and with the original Godzilla 54 or GMK Godzilla representing the Ghost of Christmas Future. Think this could work?
That would be a fantastic idea DO IT.
Godzilla

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

May I use this thread to gauge interest in an idea I have (that I have actually started writing)?

It looks like I can use the thread for that, but I need confirmation.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

EdGojira wrote:May I use this thread to gauge interest in an idea I have (that I have actually started writing)?

It looks like I can use the thread for that, but I need confirmation.
You have an idea in mind? Well then here you go. Say as many ideas as you please. :)
52 wins and 27 loses

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Okay, so I already have about 4,600 words in here but it still is in a way an idea. I want to check this out here. It is a Christmas story, but by many means it is non-traditional.

The main characters all have something they don't like about Christmas. There is the sisters, born near the holiday to the point it overshadows their birthdays. The also don't like the music or sweaters, but that's played for laughs. There is their friend and band mate, who has to deal with a Christmas party every year that gives him no shortage of discomfort. The party attracts nice people, and rude people.

It's kind of a theme that there are different kinds of people in the world. Anyway, the trio of friends get quickly blamed by the neighborhood kids (the protagonists are early teens themselves) for a case of stolen presents. The idea is that they equate a negative opinion of Christmas for a dislike of it (there's a reason the adults are confounded by the situation. Also, been having trouble making the accusation scene funny. Might need suggestions here.)
They go searching for the guy who stole the presents to clear their name. There, they talk cynical and idealistic views of the season. Is it cold to outsiders? Can people open their minds to a different view? Will they clear their name?

Also, there is slapstick and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It probably will have some kind of warmness to it, if won't be a negative story. I'm thinking it will be about 9,200 or more words long. I am wondering if anybody would be interested in reading it, based on this description?

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by Godzilla The King »

I'm thinking of a story about Batman. This'd be my retelling of Batman and there might be spoilers in how things will work but it starts off with Bruce traveling the world, looking for a reason to live. He's encountered by Ra's Al Ghul and put into the League of Assassins/Shadows (might go with Shadows for a more Begins-y feel) and 5 years later Batman has made his first appearance in Gotham.

The tone would be dark but not devoid of humor and in terms of realism I'd say it's more realistic than the comics but less grounded than the Nolan films. It's unknown if there is any other superheroes in this universe. Batman starts out like his 30's version and slowly becomes the Batman we know today. Alfred would be younger than most versions, in his mid-50's but he still keeps the background of being a spy. Commisioner Gordon is around the age he is in the Nolan films and at first wants the Batman arrested. Mostly unchanged. Joker would be close to his Arkham Series depiction, scary but still hilarious.

Working title on it is Batman: First Crusade
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by DinoMaster »

So, I had a really neat idea based on HistorianHimself's more recent videos, such as Earth Beasts Awaken series. In short, a boy on the verge of manhood ventures out from his small, nestled away tribe to discover the world that he lives in. What he finds is an altered world that seems to have once been similar to our own, turned to rubble and ruin. In his adventure he has to deal with dangerous descendents of modern animals, roaming maruaders, other tribes, and the "Anicent Ones" that still roam the planet and sent humanity from whatever pinacle they had been on back to the Stone Age.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I have come here because I have an ideam. So, sort of a spin off from something I wrote previously. It would center on the Eds from around the time the second Edzilla incident.

It would essentially use the original characters (no OCs) in an episodic manner, with each chapter functioning as an "episode." Each "episode" would be assigned an individual title to emulate a television format.

While it would focus on the kids primarily, I'm thinking that there might be brief cameos and dialogues with adults, a deviation meant to show that the Eds are veering more toward adulthood.

An overarching plot is not something I would rule out, but it would mainly focus on humor and maybe get deeper as time goes on (this may be a slow process.) It would, however, focus on the Eds attempting to find odd jobs in order to earn money after a feud caused by the Edzilla incident causes Kevin to stop giving them jawbreakers. While the Eds are not social pariahs anymore, they certainly are not at the level of approval as the end of Big Picture Show. To compound onto that, they are being sabotaged by the Gourd (Jonny on his revenge quest), which not only further harms their social status but also makes people less likely to hire them.
Last edited by EdGojira on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.