Respect Toonzilla

Discuss and analyze various feats!
three
Keizer

Re: Respect Toonzilla

Post by three »

yea, like i said before the thread exploded, Jr. is a glass cannon of sorts. he may not break, but he very often bends, which takes him down a few notches IMO.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

Is Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath's feat of slicing through thousands of tons of boulders in seconds to plug up a volcano close to the shredding power of Godzilla 2000's atomic breath?

What about the mutant Armillaria? Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath was powerful enough to overcome the Armillaria's instant regeneration and burn it to ash. I know that some people here have made the argument that the mutant Armillaria is really weak because its tentacles were cut by rock spears, but its main body was virtually unaffected by concentrated laser fire from laser rifles strong enough to shoot through tree trunks.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Godzilla 2000's breath acts differently than Zilla Jr's. Godzilla 2000's breath tears right through whatever it hits, and Zilla Jr's breath hasn't done anything like that if I recall. There's also the fact that his volatile beam makes things go nuclear.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

three wrote:yea, like i said before the thread exploded, Jr. is a glass cannon of sorts. he may not break, but he very often bends, which takes him down a few notches IMO.
Simple questions asking about certain things in the article.

Three's version of it.
Godzilla

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Can I make a thread about Cyber-Godzilla? A lot of people here severely underestimate him, assuming he's as weak as his original form (several times I've seen the phrase "this is the same kaiju killed by missiles" uttered among these fantasy matches), which is far from the case.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

g2vd wrote:
three wrote:yea, like i said before the thread exploded, Jr. is a glass cannon of sorts. he may not break, but he very often bends, which takes him down a few notches IMO.
Simple questions asking about certain things in the article.

Three's version of it.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/AtomicBomb.gif
"it exploded" = "got very active".

you'll notice that it "cooled off" too, but i don't believe Tomzilla will start addressing our questions while riding a woolly mammoth. :lol:
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:Can I make a thread about Cyber-Godzilla? A lot of people here severely underestimate him, assuming he's as weak as his original form (several times I've seen the phrase "this is the same kaiju killed by missiles" uttered among these fantasy matches), which is far from the case.
PM Tom, and ask him if he's making a respect Cyberzilla thread.
Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The stupid 'he blasted through rocks! solid rocks!' thing is what gets me to go 'naaaah'. How many other kaiju can do that? It's not that impressive.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

LamangoKaijura wrote:The stupid 'he blasted through rocks! solid rocks!' thing is what gets me to go 'naaaah'. How many other kaiju can do that? It's not that impressive.
It's the fact that he sliced through rock so quickly, he plugged up a big volcano in seconds. Few beam attacks can replicate that kind of power.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Godzilla 1964's beam was able to melt boulders, and before you say "they were boulders Zilla's beam went through a solid rock wall" but if G's beam melted through boulders what's to stop it from mimicking Zilla's damage.
Godzilla

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:How many other kaiju can do that? It's not that impressive.
Very few, actually, and yes it's extemely impressive.

That being said, though, the scene in question is definitely well outside of the typical strength of the beam, so should be taken with a grain of salt. I won't quite call it an outlier, but it's definitely on the outer part of the bell curve, so to speak.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Inferno Rodan wrote: Very few, actually, and yes it's extemely impressive.

That being said, though, the scene in question is definitely well outside of the typical strength of the beam, so should be taken with a grain of salt. I won't quite call it an outlier, but it's definitely on the outer part of the bell curve, so to speak.
It's also true that he was explicitly shown in one episode to be able to adjust the strength of his beam and make it stronger. It's happened multiple times when he felt pressured during or near the end of a fight.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:How many other kaiju can do that? It's not that impressive.
Very few, actually, and yes it's extemely impressive.

You know, except the varied many other kaiju who did it, like from Tsuburaya's impressive Kaiju vault. Or ones that can actually melt boulders.
It's the fact that he sliced through rock so quickly, he plugged up a big volcano in seconds. Few beam attacks can replicate that kind of power.
It didn't slice through anything. It just blasted them, making them fall into a hole. There was no clean cuts or anything to indicate they were sliced.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

LamangoKaijura wrote: It didn't slice through anything. It just blasted them, making them fall into a hole. There was no clean cuts or anything to indicate they were sliced.
It did make a relatively clean cut through Quetzalcoatl's nest, and the smoke coming from the boulders suggests that it did burn through. It's not like the boulders started off loose. In fact, there weren't even any actual boulders at first. It was a solid rock wall that was torn to pieces.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

I made contributions to Zilla Jr.'s VS Battles Wiki article.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Zilla_Jr.?cb=3506

Thought it would be relevant.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

The same picture was used for No.2 and No.4 of Durability.

BTW, great work Tom!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Can somebody with experience calculating feats give input on my calculation and tell me whether or not the method I used makes sense?

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl ... c_Breath_2

I asked about this on Vs Battles and Outskirts Battle Dome and have gotten completely different responses on alternatives, neither of which makes sense to me (one assumes only radiative heat transfer to the surrounding air, which doesn't make physical sense, and the other assumes he shoots plasma stored inside his body, which I believe is an incorrect assumption).

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:Can somebody with experience calculating feats give input on my calculation and tell me whether or not the method I used makes sense?

I asked about this on Vs Battles and Outskirts Battle Dome and have gotten completely different responses on alternatives, neither of which makes sense to me (one assumes only radiative heat transfer to the surrounding air, which doesn't make physical sense, and the other assumes he shoots plasma stored inside his body, which I believe is an incorrect assumption).
Stop trying to put quantitative value onto things which don't follow physics in the first place. It just doesn't work, as evidenced by the completely different answers you got.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:Can somebody with experience calculating feats give input on my calculation and tell me whether or not the method I used makes sense?

This is where you take a step back and see if it makes sense logically. Toonzilla's heat beam being 15 trillion degrees C is downright bonkers once you begin applying common sense. If it were that hot, everything within a hundred miles would have melted. Hell, it's implied that Toonzilla would have died, or atleast been harmed by lava, which is infinitely weaker than his breath in that case.

See, this is the problem with trying to science kaiju most of the time. They weren't made with physics and common sense in mind, but rather Rule of Cool. They weren't made by physicists and people with master degrees in logic and common sense, but people who wanted to entertain. Godzilla swimming through the mantle or sitting in a volcano for a few years with no oxygen to breath doesn't make any sense, but it's awesome! Toonzilla creating a storm with his breath is logically asinine, but it's cool! Once you begin applying physics and logic to such kaiju feats, more often than not what you end up with silly at best, and so -------- it makes most toon physics seem perfectly in line with our world at worst.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Giratina93 wrote: This is where you take a step back and see if it makes sense logically. Toonzilla's heat beam being 15 trillion degrees C is downright bonkers once you begin applying common sense. If it were that hot, everything within a hundred miles would have melted. Hell, it's implied that Toonzilla would have died, or atleast been harmed by lava, which is infinitely weaker than his breath in that case.
The fact that he made it out of the volcano means he either swam through lava or survived the eruption, and considering he made it out unscathed means that at the very least lava can't hurt him. Plus, the Fire Monster's fire, which was implied to be much hotter than lava, didn't hurt him, either.
Giratina93 wrote:If it were that hot, everything within a hundred miles would have melted.
Thermal radiation as opposed to convection is another method that was suggested to me. How would I gauge the temperature from thermal radiation a certain distance from the source. I've seen conflicting comments on this.
Inferno Rodan wrote:as evidenced by the completely different answers you got.
My first method was flawed for a number of reasons.
Last edited by ZillaJr-KaijuKing on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.