What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
borodan
Yojimbo

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Post by borodan »

Israha wrote:I've just got Dark Horse's Godzilla: Age of Monsters, and I'm quite dissapointed. Thought it contains all 16 issues, but not. Does it mean that issues 5-16 were never released as a TPB?
You want to get Godzilla: Past, Present, Future.

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

borodan wrote:
Israha wrote:I've just got Dark Horse's Godzilla: Age of Monsters, and I'm quite dissapointed. Thought it contains all 16 issues, but not. Does it mean that issues 5-16 were never released as a TPB?
You want to get Godzilla: Past, Present, Future.
Perfect, thank you! Order's already been placed.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Does anyone know if there will be a Godzilla 2016 calendar?
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

morgoth wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a Godzilla 2016 calendar?
I'm curious to what brings you to ask this. Does TOHO usually release some sort of calendar to coincide with new films?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
morgoth wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a Godzilla 2016 calendar?
I'm curious to what brings you to ask this. Does TOHO usually release some sort of calendar to coincide with new films?
I was just wondering because there was one last year, I mean at least for 2015. To my knowledge Toho has released a few in time for G films but they weren't in print very long. I think the last one in '05.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tatsunoshi »

I've been taking advantage of my time in the US to pick up Western-produced Godzilla items. I've also picked up some Japanese stuff where a deal presented itself. Here's some of the stuff I've gotten in the last month or so. I've also posted some pics in the toys subforum. Since the photos were taken for insurance purposes, they're not the greatest, but here goes...

Books and mags-every Dark Horse Godzilla related comic, Godzilla In Hell variants, a complete set of Marvzillas, Godzilla 2000 Press Kit, Monster Makers Inc, and a few recent books

Mostly vid games-Gamestop poster, a pack of Japanese in-store promo materials for the PS3 Godzilla game, 2014 Japanese DVD/BR, PC Engine Bakutou Retsuden w/Obi, Japanese PS3/PS4, Western PS3/PS4, all three preorder bonus figures for the Japanese PS3 version, Boxed GBC Monster Wars, Mothra & Godzilla boxed/carded Dreamcast VMU's. Also a complete set of the recent Toho Kaiju Battle Spirits gamecard release, including the 5 'x' cards and 4 promo cards.

I have a dozen or so latecomers getting here in the next couple of weeks that I'll post as well.

A bunch of miscellaneous stuff-G Vs Megaguirus poster to replace the one the wind ripped in half off my wall, some SDCC Famous Monsters promo stuff, a Toynami Shogun Godzilla card, and a few assorted comics, books, and DVD's.

Yes, Zilla stuff. Because I'm a board/video game completist and after Rulers of the Earth, Zilla deserves a little love.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

ROE #10 and #18.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

kiro11
Yojimbo

Post by kiro11 »

Found this interesting little book while Kaiju hunting at my favorite hole in the wall collectors shop.
http://i.imgur.com/qPOq44D.jpg

It's a small cardboard book that lists all the Bandai Daikaiju figures that have been released up to 1998. It covers Godzilla, Gamera, Yamato Takeru and some of the Trendmasters Zilla toys. Basically just talks about the stats and evolutions of the monsters. Ill be using it mainly as a checklist! Very Cool!
Additional Pics:
http://i.imgur.com/rh87UjZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mwt1BaQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yDnA0Cw.jpg

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

My mom came up to São Paulo and brought me a trade paperback of Godzilla: History's Greatest Monster.

I also just ordered three Portuguese-language photo comics of The Mysterians; Gorath and Battle in Outer Space.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Original theatrical poster for Godzilla (2014). 27x40, double sided. Cost me $12 w/shipping.
Resized Image
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Godzilla in Hell
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Just ordered the Godzilla in Hell collected edition. I'm excited to get my Nakajima photo book autographed by the man himself in April at Monsterpalooza.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Godzilla in Hell
You can't buy hell, silly.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

So I stopped by a bookstore in São Paulo's Japantown and they had what appeared to be a Toho Chronicles book updated for Godzilla's 60th birthday. But it cost 304,00 Brazilian reais, so I turned it down. Sad am I.

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

I just preordered Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth vol 1, since I missed the boat on that series initially and decided to wait it out because I figured there'd eventually be some sort of omnibus rerelease. I was right!

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

I just got these - haven't had a chance to flip through them yet, but it should be fun.

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Very awesome book. Sated my desire for high-quality illustrations, literally every page has some form of artwork on it (even the inside cover has little Skeleturtles). About the first half consists of Shinji Nishikawa's concept art during the Heisei-to-Millennium eras, with all or nearly all pieces of art having some kind of description or comment, which I love. The size of the art differs, some concepts taking up a full page, while other pages may hold up to a dozen. The last half of the book consists of full illustrations, whether his personal projects or commissions he's done for people.
If a book containing lots of art with minimal text is more your style, I'd highly recommend this.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I bought Godzilla: Art of Destruction and the 1998 Godzilla novelization recently. The former is very beautiful and I love the spread of the different designs of Godzilla, even if I would've disliked the actual use of a number of them.

Added in 22 hours 35 minutes 51 seconds:
Picked up Leonard Maltin's 2002 Movie Guide and the Video Movie Guide (1997 edition) for an article I'm writing for my blog.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I recently bought Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo by Steve Ryfle. I had this book back in the late 90s but I don't know what happened to it so after 16 years I re bought it. Great book that introduced me so some of the genre's obscure movies such as Prophecies of Nostradamus and The Last War (even the elusive The Final War is mentioned).
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.