NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Post by Dillyziller »

Kaijunator wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Final verdict on how different 94 and 91 Godzilla can look.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 7xvngl.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... 0255_n.jpg
Now I want a 91 figure.
That's the 1989 figure. 1991 has some slight differences.
Lets not get into that. I think those 2 suits are the same enough for not having another 3 page discussion about whats the difference between these suits.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

^Yeah I agree. Just telling him though.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaijunator wrote:
BARAGONZILLA wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Final verdict on how different 94 and 91 Godzilla can look.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 7xvngl.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... 0255_n.jpg
Now I want a 91 figure.
That's the 1989 figure. 1991 has some slight differences.
91 is just 89 on steroids. Its basically why I group 89 and 91 together like I group 92/93/94 despite their being differences between those 3 suits.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

There ARE differences between the 89 and 91 Godzillas, mainly just elements in the face and some of the bulk of the upper body. Remember that two 1989 Godzilla suits were made and both were modified differently for Godzilla vs King Ghidorah - one got a brand new head, while the other just received a slightly modified head. Still, to most people, the suits look very similar, and while a good sculptor could capture the differences between the suits, I doubt anyone at NECA has their ability.

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Legion1979 wrote:There ARE differences between the 89 and 91 Godzillas, mainly just elements in the face and some of the bulk of the upper body. Remember that two 1989 Godzilla suits were made and both were modified differently for Godzilla vs King Ghidorah - one got a brand new head, while the other just received a slightly modified head. Still, to most people, the suits look very similar, and while a good sculptor could capture the differences between the suits, I doubt anyone at NECA has their ability.
Very true, Legion.

But honestly as collectors, do we really care about those small differences to buy two totally separate figures? Yeah we die-hard fans can probably notice but I doubt any toy company would look at those differences and say that those qualify as enough for them to produce something separate for consumers.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think NECA should just go the Memorial Box route: one Heisei Godzilla plus Burning. That's it.

Hoping the focus shifts to Showa after G54.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Neca 94 looka more like a generic Heisei Godzilla than the suit it's based on anyway.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I think NECA should just go the Memorial Box route: one Heisei Godzilla plus Burning. That's it.

Hoping the focus shifts to Showa after G54.
Personally I do too. Hopefully Toho allows them. I want to be able to have every single Godzilla suit figure without having to drop anywhere from $50 to $200 each on them!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

^ I can almost promise you that NECA will not be giving you "every single suit". There's just no way.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I think any mold they make is gonna need to have repaint/retool value

- Godzilla 2014 was suppose to become Spitfire Godzilla
- Godzilla 1994 became Burning Godzilla
- Godzilla 1984 became NES Godzilla with new middle dorsal fins
- Godzilla 1954 was probably suppose to become Ghost Godzilla. They'll probably do a colored version where it's the original brown color, based on the fact that the teeth and tongue on the 1954 figure are not in color.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:I think any mold they make is gonna need to have repaint/retool value

- Godzilla 2014 was suppose to become Spitfire Godzilla
- Godzilla 1994 became Burning Godzilla
- Godzilla 1984 became NES Godzilla with new middle dorsal fins
- Godzilla 1954 was probably suppose to become Ghost Godzilla. They'll probably do a colored version where it's the original brown color, based on the fact that the teeth and tongue on the 1954 figure are not in color.
A possible Godzilla (1989) will become a possible Godzilla (1991).
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Just read a bit of info from a reputable US toy dealer. Apparently he talked with someone heavily involved with the Godzilla stuff who told him that the higher-ups at NECA aren't fans of the line and have it on a "wait and see" status. If the 1954 sells well, there'll be more figures. And if the next figure sells well, there'll be another one after that.

So if you're looking for a reason we haven't seen anything new, there ya go.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

That's incredibly sad if true.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Legion1979 wrote:Just read a bit of info from a reputable US toy dealer. Apparently he talked with someone heavily involved with the Godzilla stuff who told him that the higher-ups at NECA aren't fans of the line and have it on a "wait and see" status. If the 1954 sells well, there'll be more figures. And if the next figure sells well, there'll be another one after that.

And this is pretty much what I thought was the case. Though it's nice to have some sort of confirmation, so thanks for that, Legion.

The slow pace was a huge indicator that someone within NECA wasn't a fan.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

This also means a longer gap between figures, which then means they can't keep the momentum going with the releases. That's not going to help.

AND this also means all future figures are going to have to be heavy hitters. Kiss suits like 1955, 1965, 1967, and 1973-1975 goodbye folks.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

For anyone who hadn't noticed, the '54 figure is now available to be fulfilled by Amazon with Prime shipping (listed as in stock Sep 2). They're charging more than NECA, but with shipping NECA ends up more expensive.
Last edited by eabaker on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

eabaker wrote:For anyone who hadn't noticed, the '54 figure is now available to be fulfilled by Amazon with Prime shipping (listed as in stock Nov 2). They're charging more than NECA, but with shipping NECA ends up more expensive.
It's still a third party seller. And did you mean Sept.2nd?
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
eabaker wrote:For anyone who hadn't noticed, the '54 figure is now available to be fulfilled by Amazon with Prime shipping (listed as in stock Nov 2). They're charging more than NECA, but with shipping NECA ends up more expensive.
It's still a third party seller. And did you mean Sept.2nd?
Obviously I did. Edited and fixed.

And, yes, it is a third party seller; regardless, it it is fulfilled by Amazon and is thus eligible for Prime shipping.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The Neca 94 looka more like a generic Heisei Godzilla than the suit it's based on anyway.
People seem to forget this. Sure, '89 looks different from '94, but NECA's '94 already looks like a cross between the two. I think we're good with Heisei Godzilla's.
Legion1979 wrote:Just read a bit of info from a reputable US toy dealer. Apparently he talked with someone heavily involved with the Godzilla stuff who told him that the higher-ups at NECA aren't fans of the line and have it on a "wait and see" status. If the 1954 sells well, there'll be more figures. And if the next figure sells well, there'll be another one after that.

This doesn't seem to be limited to Godzilla, but something similar is happening to Pacific Rim as well. While at least PR has a few more prototypes in existence, NECA says they're on hold until they know how well the next figures (scheduled for November) do.

Mind you, this is a recent development; Godzilla's been slow as hell from the start. Still, I imagine this means things certainly won't be improving for Godzilla.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

DoktorLegacy
Yojimbo

Post by DoktorLegacy »

I think the only reasonable solution is to make a figure of every suit that was used and every animatronic
Weow