NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9305
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 am

Yes the bastard likes to play with our minds.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4931
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby 2004Zilla » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 am

I think it's important to remember that 'one day in the future' could mean '5 years from now.'
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:46 am

I'd rather they focused on Godzillas from the Showa era since Bandai isn't going to be doing them anymore. Plus, you never know, with them knocking 54 out of the park, they may actually do a better 64 Godzilla than Bandai did. Then again, there is that matter of the bendy tail.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Godzillian » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am

As much as more Showa Godzillas would rule I would love an 89 or 91 figure. Those are my favorite Godzilla designs.
Image

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7207
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:11 am

2004Zilla wrote:I think it's important to remember that 'one day in the future' could mean '5 years from now.'


I'm gonna go ahead and say....maybe not to that prediction. A better time frame is...idk, New York Comic Con in October?

Is NECA going to that?
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Mr. X » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:17 am

I hope "one day in the future" is soon. With '54 (FINALLY) being released, we have nothing new on the horizon to look forward to (besides a general "more are coming").

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:I think it's important to remember that 'one day in the future' could mean '5 years from now.'


I'm gonna go ahead and say....maybe not to that prediction. A better time frame is...idk, New York Comic Con in October?

Is NECA going to that?


Last I heard they weren't sure.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
Mechagigan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Mechagigan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:22 am

Honestly, 89-91 is probably one of the figures I'd least want... It is different from the 94 they already made, but unless it's significantly better, I'd see it as unnecessary. I'd rather more specific/unique Godzillas be made.... Like GMK (please) or 62.

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Kaijunator » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 am

Mechagigan wrote:Honestly, 89-91 is probably one of the figures I'd least want... It is different from the 94 they already made, but unless it's significantly better, I'd see it as unnecessary. I'd rather more specific/unique Godzillas be made.... Like GMK (please) or 62.

I hope G'62 is last and is their worst figure ever... So BARAGONZILLA can suffer. :twisted: :twisted:
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4798
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby GFAN198423 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 am

Chris55 wrote:Who knows? But, maybe a new figure will just show up on TK one day in the future.


It'd be awesome to see NECA delve more into the 12" tall figure realm, a 12" version of the '54 would be great.

User avatar
Mechagigan
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Mechagigan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:49 am

GFAN198423 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Who knows? But, maybe a new figure will just show up on TK one day in the future.

It'd be awesome to see NECA delve more into the 12" tall figure realm, a 12" version of the '54 would be great.

A 12" 54 would be a dream come true. I didn't buy the big 2014, but I'd totally get that.

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Kaijunator » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 am

Mechagigan wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Who knows? But, maybe a new figure will just show up on TK one day in the future.

It'd be awesome to see NECA delve more into the 12" tall figure realm, a 12" version of the '54 would be great.

A 12" 54 would be a dream come true. I didn't buy the big 2014, but I'd totally get that.

First we need a 12" BG with that lights up and roars.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11075
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby eabaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:12 am

miguelnuva wrote:91 does look different from 94 look at the pictures I posted.


Yes, we - hard core Godzilla fans - all already knew that the suits look different. That's why we, you know, discuss them as distinct Godzilla designs all the time. The point stands that they are sufficiently similar - more similar to each other that a more casual consumer isn't likely to see them as sufficiently divergent from each other to feel a compulsion to buy and display both.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 11515
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: the Wired

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:17 am

eabaker wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:91 does look different from 94 look at the pictures I posted.


Yes, we - hard core Godzilla fans - all already knew that the suits look different. That's why we, you know, discuss them as distinct Godzilla designs all the time. The point stands that they are sufficiently similar - more similar to each other that a more casual consumer isn't likely to see them as sufficiently divergent from each other to feel a compulsion to buy and display both.

Exactly my point, it's a real shame they have no plans of doin a G2K anytime soon, since it sported a design vastly different than the ones before it.
So really, other than maybe GMK Goji, the Showa suits would be the best pick. I would say G64/65 would be a good choice.
I know the odds are super low, but I'd honestly like to see a G67.
Image
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4798
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby GFAN198423 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:20 am

Kaijunator wrote:First we need a 12" BG with that lights up and roars.


Not if it's just a 12" version of what they've put out, if they did an all new sculpt that truly looked like the '95 I'd be down for it.

Online
User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11705
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 am

I noticed people keep bringing up hardcore fans notice the difference between 91 and 94 but casuals range from thinking all the suits look the same to they can tell the difference.

During my marathon for example my Grand mother thought tgeir was three suits, classic g2k and burnning but my Mother and Brother actually asked why Godzilla didn't look as mean in Godzilla vs Mothra as he did in Godzilla vs king ghidorah.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
1tisoygoji
Futurian
Posts: 1504
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm
Location: Big Kahuna Burger

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby 1tisoygoji » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

Kaijunator wrote:I hope G'62 is last and is their worst figure ever... So BARAGONZILLA can suffer. :twisted: :twisted:

Even if you're joking, that's a stupid reason to skreeonk up a G62 figure.
TK's Jazz Enthusiast and Alcoholic

User avatar
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Underworld54 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:40 am

We'll get another 24" HTT Godzilla the same time we get the Godzilla 2014 extended cut...never!
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Chris55 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Underworld54 wrote:We'll get another 24" HTT Godzilla the same time we get the Godzilla 2014 extended cut...never!


Hey, if you get to ask Thomas Tull about it before I do, go for it. In the meantime, harping on it as REALLY gotten old.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

User avatar
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby Underworld54 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:We'll get another 24" HTT Godzilla the same time we get the Godzilla 2014 extended cut...never!


Hey, if you get to ask Thomas Tull about it before I do, go for it. In the meantime, harping on it as REALLY gotten old.

He obviously wouldnt know much about it, just like the first time he was asked.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

User avatar
codycameron09
G-Grasper
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: The NECA Godzilla 2nd Edition

Postby codycameron09 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:26 pm

My Godzilla 1954 Figure just arrived today and guys... IT'S GLORIOUS!!! Seriously, it's one of my favorite figures ever of the Big G! He looks like he came right out of the film and into my hands as a beautiful 6 inch figure. The articulation is great! The black and white grey scale paint if fabulous! And this figure has so much personality even though he is just a figure, his expression alone is enough to spend 20 bucks on him. The only gripe I have with it is that the light grey and black paint on the spines on his back don't look complete blended in. But that's a small gripe and it still looks awesome.

This figure is a must for ANY collector!
Image


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests