Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

Post by Missingno. »

three wrote:he's serious. he ba is not the kinda guy to be sarcastic.
Oh okay. I'm still kinda new here so I barely know anybody...
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Where are my manners? I don't think I have welcomed you yet, Missingno.!

And three, you are spot on. I'm not good with sarcasm, it just.... doesn't work or end well....
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

yep yep. sorry to have spoken for ya.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Nay Nay, it's fine, in fact.... I kind of liked being talked about positively :huge:

...ok why is that smillie called huge? That kind of freaks me out.......

EDIT: whoops wrong smillie, I meant this one :shock:
Stupid Mac trackpad.....

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

he-ba wrote:Nay Nay, it's fine, in fact.... I kind of liked being talked about positively :huge:

...ok why is that smillie called huge? That kind of freaks me out.......

EDIT: whoops wrong smillie, I meant this one :shock:
Stupid Mac trackpad.....
NO ONE's smilie is a big as my devilish grin...

Oh and thanks for the "welcome to the forums!" he-ba. That's the only one I've gotten, though I'm not complaining...
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Hey I saw an asian bootleg of GvsSG but it was read as Godzilla vs Super Godzilla. I tried to correct the seller to say its SPACE Godzilla not SUPER but then he schooled me on the characters saying it reads SUPER Godzilla. I checked on the translator and yup its Super Godzilla. Are these bootleggers bumbling idiots with a printer or did the US market changed the name?

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

I don't think so, check the main site. It seems these people are idiots........

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

How doth it feel?
OT: Well, SG is crystalline Godzilla. It's implied that G-cells made its way out with Biollante, and given the tusks and texture, B-cells could've intermuted with G-cells, coalescing in "Godzillante-cells".
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Bringing this back because I think this makes for an interesting discussion, and that it got off topic before it died.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I don't think so. Biollante was a Godzilla mixed with a Rose, hence her viney look - If she grew to become even more Godzilla-esque, she would have had more leafy aspects to her. SpaceGodzilla is a combination of Biollante and some crystalline stuff, hence the more 'Godzilla', less 'Little Shop of Horrors' look.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I like to think the Godzilla cells over time are too powerful for the rose cells so the rose traits die off. It's why second Biollante looked more like Godzilla. Possibly down the line it would just be a secondary Godzilla and given it drifted off into Space it would become SpaceGodzilla. Plus I feel like GCells are more likely to survive in space, the plant cells would die off.

Also it's pretty much clear if you look at Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla art Spacegodzilla was originally just Biollante with crystals and Godzilla fins. He had the same exact face.

But regardless of what we know it is confirmed that Biollante Cells did become Spacegodzilla, just maybe not the rose parts? So in a sense no matter what Spacegodzilla is the child of Biollante so to speak and if we consider one cell of Biollante turning into Spacegodzilla than yeah she/he is.

Edit: Sort of unrelated but Id like to talk about two non film monsters that spawned from SpaceGodzilla, Krystalak and Obsidius. So Godzilla>Biollante>SpaceGodzilla>Krystalak?

And oddly this theme of building blocks persists in the Heisei universe. King Ghidorah becomes MKG. MKG tech is salvaged to become Mechagodzilla. Moguera is made as an upgraded alternative to MG.

The super X to the Super X 3.

The Heisei series is full of lineages. I like to think Biollante follows this trend.

DA PROOF
http://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art/ ... la_04.html
http://www.kaijuphile.com/theroost/conc ... m=7&pos=12
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Mechagigan wrote:I don't think so. Biollante was a Godzilla mixed with a Rose, hence her viney look - If she grew to become even more Godzilla-esque, she would have had more leafy aspects to her. SpaceGodzilla is a combination of Biollante and some crystalline stuff, hence the more 'Godzilla', less 'Little Shop of Horrors' look.
yea, but she was evolving to look more like Godzilla over time anyway.

can't remember if it was said already or not, but i do recall SG and Biollante sharing similar abilities. even the corona beam and acid vomit are the same color, and both have negative effects on electronics.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

three wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:I don't think so. Biollante was a Godzilla mixed with a Rose, hence her viney look - If she grew to become even more Godzilla-esque, she would have had more leafy aspects to her. SpaceGodzilla is a combination of Biollante and some crystalline stuff, hence the more 'Godzilla', less 'Little Shop of Horrors' look.
yea, but she was evolving to look more like Godzilla over time anyway.

can't remember if it was said already or not, but i do recall SG and Biollante sharing similar abilities. even the corona beam and acid vomit are the same color, and both have negative effects on electronics.
Acid Spray was green but parts of it glowed yellow and Biollante had yellow surge through it's body whilst charging up. I can confirm the corona beam was yellow but I forget if SG glowed at all.

And yeah, Biollante has a form of EMP abilities, at least in Spore form, so yeah that is a similarity.

Here's another similarity: both monsters store energy in really large areas. Biollante had a "heart" that's orange and when attacked severely damaged her. SG has those crystals. Those traits are not something Godizilla has so it can be inferred that Biollante may have passed that trait onto Spacegodzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Acid Spray was green but parts of it glowed yellow and Biollante had yellow surge through it's body whilst charging up. I can confirm the corona beam was yellow but I forget if SG glowed at all.

And yeah, Biollante has a form of EMP abilities, at least in Spore form, so yeah that is a similarity.

Here's another similarity: both monsters store energy in really large areas. Biollante had a "heart" that's orange and when attacked severely damaged her. SG has those crystals. Those traits are not something Godizilla has so it can be inferred that Biollante may have passed that trait onto Spacegodzilla.
Actually, Biollante and SG did glow, coincidentally near both of their defeats (though Biollante won her battle). Biollante's nucleus glowed after being blasted in the mouth by Godzilla, and Spacegodzilla glowed after Fukuoka tower was destroyed and both shoulder crystals were blown off. It isn't out of reason to say that these traits are shared by the two because they are the same monster.

After all, in the beginning of GvSG, they say that the Godzilla cells were absorbed by a black hole, exposed to the energy of exploding stars, and spat out by a white hole. Perhaps Biollante was in her "dissolved form" and traveling through space when the encounter with the black hole occured.

After all, 5 years passed after Biollante was last seen, so who knows what she would've looked like had she not been mutated through the black hole.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Sparkzilla14
Samurai

Post by Sparkzilla14 »

I like this theory!
And about the "is it a he or she?" I think according to the theory originally posted, if the cells were to take a evolutionary stage and was leaving behind "weak traits" whats stopping it from changing it's sex? Seeing that Godzilla has obvious reptilian traits, could it change sex like some frogs? So SpaceG could still be a male due to the fact that it's roar and behavior is not exactly feminine.

Just spit balling
G-Fan since age 3. First G movies (Godzilla vs Sea Monster/Godzilla vs Gigan)

Top 6 Favorite G films: Terror of MechaGodzilla, Godzilla 1984/1985, Godzilla vs Sea Monster, Godzilla 2000, Godzilla vs Gigan Godzilla 2014
Other Fav Toho Films: War of the Gargantuas and Rodan

Favorite G suit(s): MegaroGoji 1975 version and BioGoji KG version

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

So are Biollante and Spacegodzilla the same monster?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:So are Biollante and Spacegodzilla the same monster?
Maaaaybe... In some sort of way or some weird DNA reincarnation then I guess.

Again, there are 2 theories for SpaceG's origins. One of them is the commonly accepted Biollante origin. That G-Cells from Biollante merged with a crystal life form, entered a black hole and fed off the explosion of stars and cosmic energy. (Cliff notes) Note the word is G-Cells. It could be that all plant and human matter where separated from the G-Cell's at some point during that time prior to the merging with a crystal organism.

I have my own theory about SpaceGodzilla and G-Cell's sorta being an evolutionary wonder on how they pick and choose the best traits of whatever host they come into contact with and reject the rest as "inferior". They deemed most if not all the human and planet DNA material as inferior but kept the rapid regeneration of a plant, the intelligence of a human and possbilily others in it's genetic code and then merged with the crystal organism as the base host. Something along the lines though, maybe the energy from the stars or the organism's make up, it created a perfectly stable G-Mutant. Something of which hasn't really been done since of before.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'm just not a fan of fan theories, of any kind.
Everyone's always coming up with these highly imaginitive, or just completely off-the-wall ideas.
Too much over thinking, really. Sure, sometimes the ideas are cool, and sometimes they're fairly intriguing, but that alone is why I think that it's just over thinking on the fan's part.
Remember, this is Toho, don't over think things with them, the answers behind these things are always short, sweet, and simple.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'm just not a fan of fan theories, of any kind.
Everyone's always coming up with these highly imaginitive, or just completely off-the-wall ideas.
Too much over thinking, really. Sure, sometimes the ideas are cool, and sometimes they're fairly intriguing, but that alone is why I think that it's just over thinking on the fan's part.
Remember, this is Toho, don't over think things with them, the answers behind these things are always short, sweet, and simple.
The thing is though that they aren't really fan theories, it's been confirmed even in the films (and concept art) that Spacegodzilla did originate from Biollante/Godzilla cells. It's more of a fan theory to try to connect it more or see more of the influence but again the original theory isn't a fan theory, it's cannon.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'm just not a fan of fan theories, of any kind.
The thing is though that they aren't really fan theories, it's been confirmed even in the films (and concept art) that Spacegodzilla did originate from Biollante/Godzilla cells. It's more of a fan theory to try to connect it more or see more of the influence but again the original theory isn't a fan theory, it's cannon.
They never once confirm it was truly Biollante, and in fact, going by the timeline, Biollante never existed, and since GAM:TBFE comes after GvKG, the theory of Mothra being the reason Spacegodzilla was born seems more likely.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: