Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: *IDEA* Godzilla game

Post by LegendZilla »

In addition to simply matching the tone of the first film, it should directly follow the first film both story-wise and aesthetically.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Re: Do's and Don'ts: Godzilla Fighting Games

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

It's really hard for me to weigh in on my Do's and Don'ts since everybody already covered the basics.

I have high expectations regarding the next possible game, I just hope this doesn't dissapoint.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Here are some of my opinions, hopefully I'm not repeating to much, but with so many posts already it's a little hard not to

Do's
-Story mode where your decisions tailor the way the story goes
-A final boss that makes sense based on the movies. Some examples are King Ghidroah (Godzilla's greatest rival) or Destoroyah (Godzilla's 'Ultimate Foe'); enough with SpaceGodzilla
-Mini-bosses throughout the story, such as Biollante, SpaceGodzilla, MechaGodzilla, ect.
-Similarly to the new PlayStation game, have Gojira and Godzilla as separate characters; Even in the North American version of the game, LegendaryGoji is 'Godzilla' and the Japanese Goji is 'Gojira'
-MechaGodzilla and SpaceGodzilla should be called 'MechaGojira' and 'SpaceGojira,' again even in English versions
-Different Gojira designs should be available as skins with different moves and stats that reflect Godzilla's behavior in the movie the suit was from. Personally, I'd prefer one Gojira with alternate skins over a bunch of Gojira's
-Free-Roam mode, with other Kaiju running around that you can run into/fight
-DLC for Kaiju and alternate skins, with some Kaiju/Skins being priced at $2 or lower and other being free
-DLC missions, arenas, ect. which could be more expensive, with ranging prices
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:No console exclusives.
I don't mind exclusives, as long as they're exclusive to a console I have. ;)
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

GhidoGoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:No console exclusives.
I don't mind exclusives, as long as they're exclusive to a console I have. ;)
I would find the picture, but this post really gave me cancer
Resized Image

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

GhidoGoji wrote: -Similarly to the new PlayStation game, have Gojira and Godzilla as separate characters; Even in the North American version of the game, LegendaryGoji is 'Godzilla' and the Japanese Goji is 'Gojira'
-MechaGodzilla and SpaceGodzilla should be called 'MechaGojira' and 'SpaceGojira,' again even in English versions
....What's the point of these? There's a far simpler solution that works better, which is just this:
Godzilla (whatever version they use) = Godzilla, obviously.
Legendary Godzilla = American Godzilla/Godzilla 2014.

That's far better and less confusing then having "Gojira" as a separate character from "Godzilla", when they're both names for the same character. It'd be like calling the 1954 Godzilla "Gojira", the 1955 Godzilla "Gigantis" and the 1962 Godzilla "Godzilla"; it's redundant and would only serve to confuse people.
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

Mine is different. You play a human trying to survive in a massive city as Godzilla(using conpletely unpredictable mechanics) is attacking. U don't see him till other angurious corners you. Godzilla is then revealed. My game is modeled after the awesome king king video game. You play as a world trotting human trying to survive the sudden apperance of monsters. And you will also play as an angry Godzilla

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

It could definitely work, if handled by the right design and production team.

My thought was to try combining the concept with First Person Shooter style gameplay, but limit your abilities a la Survival Horror. So, you could have a gun or rocket launcher, but don't expect to be any more effective than Gondo's team in Biollante or the soldiers in the opening of Megaguirus (those two sequences would, IMO, be what we should look toward for inspiration).

It may not work for a full-length big budget game, but a smaller and shorter Indie game could really make this work.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I dunno if this can fit in here, but I had an idea based off of the Jurassic Park Builder. You have access to Tsuburaya Monsters, Toho Monsters and other Japanese giants. They're super stylized, and you have to keep them happy or else they'll break out.

Monster Land: This is a place for all terrestrial kaiju, Anguirus, Gomess, and the like, you place their paddocks anywhere you want on the island, they eat mainly plants/fish/meat, but some like Gabora and Pagos feed off Uranium, Goro the giant ape mainly lives off Milk.
Sea Zone: Monsters like Ebirah, Tagarl, Ganimes, and other aquatic monsters dwell here.
Space Yard: An area for all unearthly beings, Ghidorah and the like. The paddocks are placed on meteorites and visitors travel to and from to view them in various VTOLS and other Tsuburaya vehicles.
Alien Port: You can't keep sentient life prisoner. But you can visit them. Various aliens, from Baltan to Metron from Mysterian to Kilaak visit here and will interact with your guest. On more then one occasion, a Terrorist Alien or even a group of them, will set monsters free. That's where the next zone comes in.
Hero Training Grounds: This is where the massive heroes of lore and legend reside. Ultraman, Redman, Godman, Megaloman, Zonefighter, all the greats. They usually wander around the training ground in human size and interact with the visitors, but when a Terrorist Alien sets the monsters free or the monsters rampage on their own, they will have to be instructed to fight said monsters. But what if some heroes are incapable of handling it all? That's where this comes in.
Weapons Dock: This is where all Monster Response Team vehicles, weapons and even Mechs are held. Everything from G-Force to Science Patrol is here. The JSDF even allowed some of their Maser Tanks and even the Gotengo to be used. Deploy these when Heroes can't handle the massive break outs.
The Prison: This is where you can house some of the lesser threats. Mainly Kaijin from Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series, like you can have a cell with some Shocker Combat men, or a cell containing Griffonzer from Zyuranger.

Visitors: Not really an attraction, but sometimes humans will visit, and other 'Easter Egg' people. Takora, Booska, Kanegon, Pigmon, Chibira Kun and his family, can all be seen sometimes amongst the crowds, admiring the massive monsters. They will sometimes drop eggs to unlock more monsters.

Yeah, it's a massive stupid idea, but hey, it'd be cool.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Yeah, it's a massive stupid idea,
It's better than most of the ideas I've heard in this thread, which are all just variations on "FREE ROAM/HAS ALL THE MONSTERS/SUPER GRAPHICS/NEXT GEN".

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Yeah, it's a massive stupid idea,
It's better than most of the ideas I've heard in this thread, which are all just variations on "FREE ROAM/HAS ALL THE MONSTERS/SUPER GRAPHICS/NEXT GEN".
Yeah, I just went back and read some of the ideas people had. "IT'S GOTTA BE LIKE THE ATARI GAMES! MAKE IT FREE ROAM! EVERY MONSTER!"

Mine would be either a fan game, or would just incorporate monsters from one company. Not everything is about monsters fighting, guys.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I had a idea for a extra game mode for Godzilla PS4, a three player game where two co op as the military and the alone one is Godzilla.

Godzilla has to destroy the city, fighting the military.

One player is the offensive side of the military, sending out tanks and jets.

The other player is the defensive side, upgrading the offensive player and building things like walls to block Godzilla's progress.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Dreddzilla
Samurai

Post by Dreddzilla »

So is this game worth the 50 bucks or should I wait awhile for the price to drop? I'd really like to play a modern godzilla game, but all the middle of the road 4 to 6 reviews kinda make me think fhis one isn't worth picking up. And from the sound of it I was really hoping for the next Godzilla melee and this dosen't sound like it to me, maybe I'm missing something.
The MST3K Jaguar song.
HE JOCK IT MADE OF STEEL
EATS SUSHI FROM A PAIL
JET JAGUAR? JET JAGUAR!
HE MOTHER NEVER REALLY LOVE HIM
HE CRIMEFIGHTING COVERS UP A BASIC INSECURITY
HE DICKEY COVERS UP AN ADAMS APPLE THE SIZE OF A TOYOTA
HE BASICALLY GOOD-HEARTED BUT HE'D LIKE TO SMASH THAT KID AGAINST A ROCK
KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
WHO'S THERE ?
HIS HEAD LOOKS LIKE JACK NICHOLSON
DON'T SMILE LIKE THAT, IT WILL STAY THAT WAY
YAHMMMAAHOAAHOAAAUGH!
DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Dreddzilla wrote:So is this game worth the 50 bucks or should I wait awhile for the price to drop? I'd really like to play a modern godzilla game, but all the middle of the road 4 to 6 reviews kinda make me think fhis one isn't worth picking up. And from the sound of it I was really hoping for the next Godzilla melee and this dosen't sound like it to me, maybe I'm missing something.
Uh, wrong thread.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Start with a port of GU for the next gen consoles, for all intents and purposes. Add a handful of new monsters (Legendaryzilla, MUTO, Hedorah, Battra and Showa Gigan mostly, remake G90's or G54 too) and new locations (including Boxing Ring, Boston, Vortaak Homeworld etc. from old games and Children's Land, Planet X, etc. from movies) and graphical upgrades to all existing ones. Fix the glitches, re-enable energy weapons knocking out health cells for all monsters. For nostalgia, add an 'Action Mode' in the vein of DAMM/STE, with a looser version of the story and tons of 1v1 battles, and a Survival Mode in the same vein. Add a 1P destruction mode with ranks based on score so it has a reason to exist. Re-add Super X3 air strike from STE. Re-add concept art assets from DAMM and STE as new collectibles. Maybe re-add some of the older just-for-fun cheat codes. Enable ability to make some monsters small and others large. B&W mode. Broaden ability to slow down or speed up monsters. Change all jumping animations to be lower.

Basically, just imagine the old games with all the polish they deserved/needed but never got.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

JVM wrote:Start with a port of GU for the next gen consoles, for all intents and purposes. Add a handful of new monsters (Legendaryzilla, MUTO, Hedorah, Battra and Showa Gigan mostly, remake G90's or G54 too) and new locations (including Boxing Ring, Boston, Vortaak Homeworld etc. from old games and Children's Land, Planet X, etc. from movies) and graphical upgrades to all existing ones. Fix the glitches, re-enable energy weapons knocking out health cells for all monsters. For nostalgia, add an 'Action Mode' in the vein of DAMM/STE, with a looser version of the story and tons of 1v1 battles, and a Survival Mode in the same vein. Add a 1P destruction mode with ranks based on score so it has a reason to exist. Re-add Super X3 air strike from STE. Re-add concept art assets from DAMM and STE as new collectibles. Maybe re-add some of the older just-for-fun cheat codes. Enable ability to make some monsters small and others large. B&W mode. Broaden ability to slow down or speed up monsters. Change all jumping animations to be lower.

Basically, just imagine the old games with all the polish they deserved/needed but never got.
THIS is what I want to see, although I'd rather it be a port of DAMM since all that would need to be added is more monsters and maps, with changes to existing maps and graphical textures. Destruction mode should be remade to be more like Generations destruction. Depending on the monster have a slightly different storyline. Done! Realistically, anybody have any idea how difficult this would be?
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
JVM wrote:Start with a port of GU for the next gen consoles, for all intents and purposes. Add a handful of new monsters (Legendaryzilla, MUTO, Hedorah, Battra and Showa Gigan mostly, remake G90's or G54 too) and new locations (including Boxing Ring, Boston, Vortaak Homeworld etc. from old games and Children's Land, Planet X, etc. from movies) and graphical upgrades to all existing ones. Fix the glitches, re-enable energy weapons knocking out health cells for all monsters. For nostalgia, add an 'Action Mode' in the vein of DAMM/STE, with a looser version of the story and tons of 1v1 battles, and a Survival Mode in the same vein. Add a 1P destruction mode with ranks based on score so it has a reason to exist. Re-add Super X3 air strike from STE. Re-add concept art assets from DAMM and STE as new collectibles. Maybe re-add some of the older just-for-fun cheat codes. Enable ability to make some monsters small and others large. B&W mode. Broaden ability to slow down or speed up monsters. Change all jumping animations to be lower.

THIS is what I want to see, although I'd rather it be a port of DAMM since all that would need to be added is more monsters and maps, with changes to existing maps and graphical textures. Destruction mode should be remade to be more like Generations destruction. Depending on the monster have a slightly different storyline. Done! Realistically, anybody have any idea how difficult this would be?
GU mapped to a traditional control system would end up 90% the same as STE and DAMM control-wise, I think, besides moving while using breath weapons, grapple (might go back to throw) and rush... unless you meant for story or location reasons.

I haven't played Generations, how would it be made more similar to that?

I also enjoy fantasizing about PC ports because modding possibilities :P
Realistically, anybody have any idea how difficult this would be?
Depends how difficult porting the elements of the existing games would be. Since I'm making a point of not having to rebuild it from scratch, I think it could potentially be cheap and simple, but if that part was too difficult, it'd all go wrong.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Beleive it or not, I'd like to see an RTS that is like Godzilla 2: War of Monsters. Where you are the military and trying to stop the monsters. You start off the the normal jets and tanks before working up to masers, Super-Xs and can reason with the Shobjin to have Mothra fight for you, after killing King Ghidorah use salvaged future/alien tech turn his corpse into Mecha-King Ghidorah, build Mechagodzilla or Mogura and even dig up the bones of the first Godzilla to make Kiryu. You can even study the water and soil where the Oxygen Destroyer was used to learn how to make a new one, but be careful, you might make Destoroyah.

A full game like this or a game where there is a monster campaign and the human campaign is like this would be cool.

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

Like how Super Hero Generation combined Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Gundam. I'd like to see a game of similar fashion but with Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Godzilla1703 wrote:Like how Super Hero Generation combined Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Gundam. I'd like to see a game of similar fashion but with Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman.
I would to see this.

@Living Corpse: Cool idea. That would be nice to see.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!