Ace Combat Infinity

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Ace Combat Infinity

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Not just Godzilla, Biollante, Mothra Larva, Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah also show up.

EDIT: Shame you can't actually fight the monsters, this was a missed chance to unlock some aircraft from the movies like the Astol, or Super-Xs or even Garuda.

Wait...what? They do? Where's the source of this info?
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Not just Godzilla, Biollante, Mothra Larva, Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah also show up.

EDIT: Shame you can't actually fight the monsters, this was a missed chance to unlock some aircraft from the movies like the Astol, or Super-Xs or even Garuda.

Wait...what? They do? Where's the source of this info?

Its on Gomaru Island on facebook.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:39 pm

They missed a chance to let you unlock and fly Toho aircraft. Imagine the Moonlight SY-3 or Super-X2 or hell even the ASTOLs (the maser jets).

EDIT: Yeah.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

BRRT BRRT-ing kaiju with my A-10 is ridiculously fun.

On a related note, yessssssssss A-10 level cap increased to 20.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:23 am

Anyone trying to get the Godzilla related emblems? As of right now I only have Godzilla, Mothra, Biollante and MechaGodzilla.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s14WEm5Ag8

New update. Prop planes. Haven't had a chance to use any of them yet, but they should be interesting.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:43 am

Piston planes are pretty cool. But they're absolutely pointless to use compared to the rest of the plaenes. Especially at higher levels. They should be in their own exclusionary mode.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Oh look, finally a reason for me to get a PS4.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Yeah things look a little hopeful at the moment with AC7.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:49 am

I know it's old news, but it kind of pisses me off there was only videos of Godzilla and Mechagodzilla. I haven't seen Biollante, Mothra or King Ghidorah.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Living Corpse wrote:I know it's old news, but it kind of pisses me off there was only videos of Godzilla and Mechagodzilla. I haven't seen Biollante, Mothra or King Ghidorah.

Probably because Godzilla and MG were the only ones that would appear. Bio, Mothra, and KG had emblems and nicknames available by completing challenges, but didn't show up during missions.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:44 am

I thought they did show up, well that's lame.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:41 pm

So though the power of the internet, I discovered that Project Aces, was going to make a spinoff game of Ace Combat called Brave Arms.

It was going to be set in Sapin, and you were going to play a guy in a powered suit fighting a corrupt government.

It was cancelled.

Why does this poop happen to me?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 pm

I hope it doesn't bother anyone that this post is 1)bumping a year old thread and 2)isn't really about Infinity, but I recently got Ace Combat AHL on the 3DS and thought it was pretty good. What games in the series should I play next?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:I hope it doesn't bother anyone that this post is 1)bumping a year old thread and 2)isn't really about Infinity, but I recently got Ace Combat AHL on the 3DS and thought it was pretty good. What games in the series should I play next?

I think this could be considered the official Ace Combat thread, so no worries about bumping.

Ace Combat Infinity is free to play and the most recent game in the series, so there's that, though it has more of an online focus than the others and has limited number of times you can play per day due to the whole F2P thing. All the AC games are pretty great, really, with the exception of Assault Horizon. Not to be confused with AHL (which is a basically a remake of AC2 to my understanding), Assault Horizon is generally hated amongst the fanbase because it's very... well, not Ace Combat-like. It's not really a terrible game from a purely objective standpoint, but if you want a true AC game play literally any of the others. AC5 and Zero are generally considered the best entries in the franchise, with my personal vote going to 5 in that regard.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:02 pm

If you have a PS2, or a PC that can emulate the games, you absolutely have to play Ace Combat 4,5 and Zero. Those 3 are the crown jewels, considered the "Holy Trinity" by fans. If you have 360, try Ace Combat 6, not as good as the Trinity, but still fun, the graphics are quite impressive. Then there's the two PSP games, they too are quite good as well.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks guys, I'll check out 4, 5, and Zero on PS2.

Added in 23 hours 54 minutes 28 seconds:

New AC7 trailer that was unveiled at PSX a couple of weeks ago. Surprised nobody posted it yet. Looks cool.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Inferno Rodan
EDF Soldier

Postby Inferno Rodan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Wait... lasers on an F-15? A railgun on an F-18? I wonder if this means we'll be getting a broader range of special weapon options for aircraft, instead of the 3 choices we've always been restricted to.

So glad we're returning to Strangereal. I mean I know it was basically confirmed with the first trailer showing Osean and Erusean emblems on the aircraft, but it's still nice to have it officially confirmed now with the name drops in this trailer.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:01 pm

AC7 is going to be fantastic, have a lot of hype for this one.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Looks like the official subtitle will be Skies Unknown.

I'm happy with this.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Return to “Video Game Hub”