Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by GFAN198423 »

Jomei wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:X-Plus is a great looking piece but still falls short in accuracy to NECA, at least the current sculpt we've seen.
I'm not seeing an accuracy problem with the X-Plus at this point. It'll be a great figure to have, I'm sure, but you'll pay more than twice what the NECA costs, and it won't have articulation at all--if you care about that.
I definitely agree now, the refined sculpt is looking really good.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

GFAN198423 wrote:New shots of the X-Plus 2014 have emerged from Super Festival 67, if you compare them to the previous shot, it looks like a lot of the gritty texture has been cleaned up and smoothed out in the armor areas where it should be, it's looking more true to the film design now so I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

i do see the accuracy issue, the only part that is innacurate to the movie is the brows and part of the eye, otehr than that its spot on. Still cannot beat the NECA figure for accuracy, NECA by far knocked that one out of the park. XPLUS detail looks extremely well done though, id buy it anyway, the design is close enough.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

While NECA is the most authentic, comparing the head to stills from the movie, they definitely opted for a very neutral expression, the brow, nose and cheek texture under his eyes are very relaxed looking compared to how they tighten up and such when he gets mad, it might have been nice to get multiple heads for variety, where X-Plus offers a bit more emotion in their portraits.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Anyone still missing those Movie Monster Series G14 and MUTO? HoobyLink Japan just got some stock in on them apparently. About ~$11 a piece.
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN989237/Sci - Godzilla 2014
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN989233/Sci - Male MUTO

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Could someone please buy that Muto and put it on Amazon so I can buy it.
Godzilla

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

g2vd wrote:Could someone please buy that Muto and put it on Amazon so I can buy it.
Why don't you buy it directly from HLJ instead of doing a work around? That makes no sense,

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

SpaceG92 wrote:
g2vd wrote:Could someone please buy that Muto and put it on Amazon so I can buy it.
Why don't you buy it directly from HLJ instead of doing a work around? That makes no sense,
While. it's kinda embarrassing for me when I ask my parents for a toy.
Godzilla

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

g2vd wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
While. it's kinda embarrassing for me when I ask my parents for a toy.
I've been there a few times, just try asking they mgiht understand. If not, you can always tell them its classified as a "collectible figure". That should be a good reason with them :P

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

For it's a matter of pride. I get real embarrassed my face gets all red and shit, even though it's Godzilla.
Godzilla

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

g2vd wrote:For it's a matter of pride. I get real embarrassed my face gets all red and shit, even though it's Godzilla.
Really? My parents are the ONLY people I want to ask for "toys"
Resized Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Please, just help a fellow GFan out.
Godzilla

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Who wants pictures of any of these things?: My collection is pretty large.
Atomic Roar Godzilla
Pack of Destruction MUTO (blue building)
Pack of Destruction Godzilla (red building)
Destruction City (green buildings)
NECA 12HTT Godzilla (blue wash)
NECA 12HTT Godzilla (no wash)
NECA/Wizkids Godzilla miniatures (all 10)
NECA 24HTT Godzilla
NECA Scalers Godzilla
Tail Strike Godzilla
Smash Strike Godzilla
Godzilla and male MUTO chibi set
Godzilla and female MUTO chibi set
Bandai Japan vinyl Godzilla
Bandai Japan vinyl Male MUTO
Cake topper w/city paper
Bandai America Godzilla
Bandai Japan Godzilla figure 3.5” tall (NOT GASHAPON)
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

g2vd wrote:For it's a matter of pride. I get real embarrassed my face gets all red and shit, even though it's Godzilla.
If you won't 'stand up' for what you believe in, then what's the point? At age 48, you think that I deny that I like Godzilla? Hells, no. And - surprise, surprise - I routinely run into folks who are fans of the Big G. AND I mean physically, in-person - not just HERE.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

... How old are you?
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

zilla92
Monarch Researcher

Post by zilla92 »

g2vd don't EVER be embarrassed by your collecting or love of Goji. I'm 38, and I enjoy Godzilla and my collection more than anything. I am never ashamed to get new figures or care who knows. Wear your love for this stuff like a badge of honor. Be who you are and enjoy these times. You're growing up in a time where toys/figures are plentiful. When I was a kid, Godzilla toys were almost impossible to find stateside. Basically my point is, you shouldn't feel embarrassed for any reason. This is who you are and if you embrace it, that makes you pretty cool.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

MM The Destroyer wrote:.
g2vd wrote:For it's a matter of pride. I get real embarrassed my face gets all red and shit, even though it's Godzillalla.

... How old are you?
14. now to explain why I said my face gets red. My skin is a bit sensitive. whenever I get really nervous or embarrassed, it gets rather red. I should have explained that better than I did. you are all right, I shall ask them.
Godzilla

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Honestly, ages 12-25 are hard to buy toys at. It makes you look like a overgrown kid. Any older than that, they'd either think you're buying it for a child or that you are some serious collector person. My parents make fun of how I still get toys for Christmas, but they know that I don't play with them or anything.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I almost refuse to buy toys in store these days. For some reason I feel like a pedophile walking down the toy section at Walmart or Target. I buy exclusively online but I still love to show off my collections and recent purchases on Twitter and stuff. I also wear Dragonball and Godzilla shirts out and about all the time so it's not like I try to hide my love for the franchises or anything like that.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm almost 32 years old and I feel awkward looking for figures in stores at times but ultimately I want to enjoy life so I don't care. I had to get. Toys R Us employee to dig up the Destruction City set the day the the movie merchandise wad officially out in stores cuz my TRU didn't bother having the shelves stocked, oh well, it's their job and who cares how old I am, I'm giving them money. I went in week after week asking about the 24" HTT NECA cuz you couldn't check stock online and I didn't want to wait for BBTS. Live life on your terms as long as you're not hurting anyone.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I got my 24" G14 off the WB store for like 50 bucks.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983