Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by GFAN198423 »

I saw it browsing the web and immediately thought of how I talk one of my co-worker's ears off about more detail on Godzilla than he ever wanted to know and I thought, I need to hang that lol.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

My nearest Kmart had a huge pallet of Jakks Godzilla for $25 each during Black Friday. I don't have room for another, but it's a cheap steal for customizers and whatnot.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

^That photo of the neca 24inch g14 actually makes it look decent.

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

Derpzilla wrote:^That photo of the neca 24inch g14 actually makes it look decent.
Decent? It's always looked more than just "decent."

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

Not in my opinion. Its a hunk of barely movable joints with the wrong kind of paintjob. But the angle it's in is one you don't see much of which makes it look more lively than it usually shows.
Also, decent in other cultures can mean differing levels of good. Not necessarily automatically bad.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The NECA figure is awesome, I'll tack the limited posability of NECA's joints any day for the aesthetic it offers, SHMA joints, especially on their 2014, take away from the anatomy of the design and I don't care for that. NECA made it posable while still keeping the look of the details which is quite impessive, and the details are spot on, which is something no other Godzilla 2014 figure can say.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

I'm not here for another NECA vs SHMA war argument thanks. I credit for accuracy and the larger one does like tempting to buy if it were available and not $150 here and not worth it. But the figure is static, stiff and not very photogenic. That's not to say its bad or even exceptionally good, I think it's again pretty decent but not the be all end all of figures. That photo made the un-photogenic figure look nice in it and it promoted it's features nicely. I may or may not pick this figure up if it ever became available and for a decent price, but I'm not going gaga for it. I actually like the proto for the x-plus more right now.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

Seriously? I wasn't comparing it. At all. I just mentioned on the end I liked the x-plus proto sculpt more. :l

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

X-Plus is a great looking piece but still falls short in accuracy to NECA, at least the current sculpt we've seen.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

I apologies for not pressing enter and sticking that sentence on its own as its own paragraph. :roll:

I'm not sure why people are getting hurt from my opinion on a figure not matching their own. Not once did I ever mention the neca was bad or crap. I just didn't like its limitations. /shrug I do admit my second reply was a little harsh but I thought I had leveled that out in the following one.

And on a completely unrelated note, I like the x-plus g14s pose. I think its because the legs look more relaxed and the arms look like they are attached so they don't just jut out. The g14 design is definitely growing on me.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Starsteam wrote:My nearest Kmart had a huge pallet of Jakks Godzilla for $25 each during Black Friday. I don't have room for another, but it's a cheap steal for customizers and whatnot.
My K-mart had them for $39.99. I got mine on the K-mart online store for $24.99 with free store pickup.
EDIT: Is there a Godzilla figure larger than the Jakks? My stepdad keeps saying there's one three feet tall. I said GODzilla, not Zilla, so the Ultimate Zilla and six foot tall inflatable don't count.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

New shots of the X-Plus 2014 have emerged from Super Festival 67, if you compare them to the previous shot, it looks like a lot of the gritty texture has been cleaned up and smoothed out in the armor areas where it should be, it's looking more true to the film design now so I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

Super Festival 67

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Kaijunator wrote:
Starsteam wrote:My nearest Kmart had a huge pallet of Jakks Godzilla for $25 each during Black Friday. I don't have room for another, but it's a cheap steal for customizers and whatnot.
My K-mart had them for $39.99. I got mine on the K-mart online store for $24.99 with free store pickup.
EDIT: Is there a Godzilla figure larger than the Jakks? My stepdad keeps saying there's one three feet tall. I said GODzilla, not Zilla, so the Ultimate Zilla and six foot tall inflatable don't count.
There are a couple of Godzilla figures around the 24-inch tall mark that are slightly bigger than the Jakks though their names pass me right now, and there is a generic Toho-based Godzilla 6-foot inflatable. Otherwise, Godzilla 1998 Ultimate Godzilla is one of the bigger toys, unless you choose to ignore the TriStar version for whatever reason.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The reference to a 3 foot Godzilla might be the Kaiyodo '89 model kit but that's very expensive and not a figure in the toy sense.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Haven't found any comparisons with the Kaiyodo 89 model, but it is pretty big.

I was actually kinda disappointed that the Jakks figure wasn't 37 inches like what we've heard when it was first circulating. They aimed the marketing more to its length, though it isn't even the longest Godzilla figure.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Starsteam wrote: https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/b7vAUT7sqcI/hqdefault.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/r ... timate.jpg
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.6079862 ... d=15.1&P=0

I was actually kinda disappointed that the Jakks figure wasn't 37 inches like what we've heard when it was first circulating. They aimed the marketing more to its length, though it isn't even the longest Godzilla figure.
Great set of pictures, Starsteam! I was disappointed too. While I still love the JAKKS figure, I had the same hopes that you had. I believe the reigning king of Godzilla giant figures is still Bandai's Godzilla Super Premium, although the JAKKS figure is a close second.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Damn! That big Zilla98 is spot-on!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I have no words for the madness I have allowed myself to see.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIANT-SIZE-3-FE ... 259dc01bae
Godzilla

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

GFAN198423 wrote:X-Plus is a great looking piece but still falls short in accuracy to NECA, at least the current sculpt we've seen.
I'm not seeing an accuracy problem with the X-Plus at this point. It'll be a great figure to have, I'm sure, but you'll pay more than twice what the NECA costs, and it won't have articulation at all--if you care about that.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

The Xplus G14 is awesome looking, but considering how many other figures I have of this design, it's a pass. I think for the price and features the large NECA wins out for sure.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.