My little Pony: Friendship is magic

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

My little Pony: Friendship is magic

Postby RHF » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Anyone else a fan? I am. And I hope others here are as well.

About all I can say is if you enjoyed Dexter's lab and Power puff girls, you'd be happy to know that the wife of Craig Mccracken, Lauren Faust, made this show. And she had a helping hand on Power puff.
For great justice, and fruit pies!
RHF
Samurai

Re: My little Pony: Friendship is magic

Postby Godzillawolf » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Well, admittingly, I've seen some of it for reasons completely unrelated to fandom of any kind (no offense to fans, just not my thing, I had research related reasons). I must admit its not too bad. I read the creator wanted to make it enjoyable to people who aren't young girls (while still being enjoyable to them). From what I've seen, they succeeded.
Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Postby gojiguy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 pm

You know, I was about to go "um.. what?" but I held my tongue and did some research. Lots of people (men, like, my age and older) have said nice things about the show. Interesting. Maybe cartoons are returning to their former glory?

I say that because I recently watched an episode of the new Scooby Doo show (based on glowing reviews) and it was pretty good. Nice diegesis and solid plots, but more importantly improved characters. I had lost faith in Scooby Doo until this new show came along (of course, I dont have time to watch it but still)
gojiguy
Samurai

Postby RHF » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am

gojiguy wrote:You know, I was about to go "um.. what?" but I held my tongue and did some research. Lots of people (men, like, my age and older) have said nice things about the show. Interesting. Maybe cartoons are returning to their former glory?

I say that because I recently watched an episode of the new Scooby Doo show (based on glowing reviews) and it was pretty good. Nice diegesis and solid plots, but more importantly improved characters. I had lost faith in Scooby Doo until this new show came along (of course, I dont have time to watch it but still)

Yeah, it's a pretty big surprise how many Males actually dig the show. More so that it became an internet hit, on, of all places, 4chan.
RHF
Samurai

Postby Godzillawolf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:47 am

I've only seen a bit, but I must admit it's better than most shows I've seen (agree with the Scooby Doo thing too) and I'm a guy going to college.

Isn't this about the only version of this series that actually has an overarcing plot instead of being purely episodic?
Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Postby Wataru » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:58 am

LOL wut? Is this thread like Arbok's unhealthy fascination with Care Bears?
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Postby RHF » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

wataru wrote:LOL wut? Is this thread like Arbok's unhealthy fascination with Care Bears?

Better. Ponies>Bears

Godzillawolf wrote:
Isn't this about the only version of this series that actually has an overarcing plot instead of being purely episodic?

Meaning? Never really heard that term, so best I can understand is you saying that each episode isn't brushed aside with the next one and everything learned is forgotten about? If so then yeah, I think
RHF
Samurai

Postby Zilla103192 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:06 pm

wataru wrote:LOL wut? Is this thread like Arbok's unhealthy fascination with Care Bears?

have you even SEEN the show?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Secret Project: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17527

Zilla103192
Webhead

Mirror Counter

Postby Wataru » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm

zilla103192 wrote:

I have no interested in My Little Pony. They started during my childhood. But Im shocked a thread about it is here at TK..
Wataru

Wataru

Postby RHF » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:07 pm

wataru wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:

I have no interested in My Little Pony. They started during my childhood. But Im shocked a thread about it is here at TK..

I normally wouldn't give two craps about the series either. But This one is different. It's new, recent, witty, fun, not just for girls. And you have the wife of the creator of Dexter's lab and PPG behind the show.
RHF
Samurai

Postby Fairy Mothra » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:12 pm

at the request of one of my friends I watched a couple of episodes and was surprised to find myself really enjoying it. I like MLP anyway because come on, they're adorable ponies, but I didn't expect to actually like the show. it's pretty good though.

and I admire any male who can admit to liking anything My Little Pony related. I think it's awesome.
http://www.fairy-mothra.deviantart.com
Beastmaster
1.0 Bearded Dragon / 1.0 Corn Snake / 2.0 Ball Pythons / 1.0 Hog Island Boa / 0.1 Crested Gecko / 0.1 Cat / 1.0 Rat
Fairy Mothra
Shobijin

Postby RHF » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Legion1979 wrote:My Little Pony is My Little Pony. No matter how well written or clever it is.

Sounds like someone is trying to be the internet tough guy. You scared to like a "Girl" show? :lol:

Fairy Mothra wrote:and I admire any male who can admit to liking anything My Little Pony related. I think it's awesome.

Shame it's not an easy turn on for some girls. :|
RHF
Samurai

Postby Malchik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes, very interesting. Tell me more, TK
Malchik
Futurian

Postby Godzillawolf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:32 pm

RHF wrote:

Better. Ponies>Bears

Godzillawolf wrote:

Meaning? Never really heard that term, so best I can understand is you saying that each episode isn't brushed aside with the next one and everything learned is forgotten about? If so then yeah, I think

Like there's an actual running storyline as opposed to each episode being self contained.

What intriged me was that they reversed the anthromorphizing that had been done in past series completely. Not that I watched previous ones, I just read TV Tropes.
Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Postby Wataru » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I dont believe there's a thread on TK about My Little Pony ....

I call dibbs on the Rainbow Brite thread.
Wataru

Wataru

Postby Malchik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 pm

wataru wrote:I dont believe there's a thread on TK about My Little Pony ....

I call dibbs on the Rainbow Brite thread.

skreeonk no! That Polly Pocket is the real Dororo in charge.
Malchik
Futurian

Postby RHF » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Godzillawolf wrote:
RHF wrote:

Better. Ponies>Bears

Godzillawolf wrote:

Like there's an actual running storyline as opposed to each episode being self contained.

What intriged me was that they reversed the anthromorphizing that had been done in past series completely. Not that I watched previous ones, I just read TV Tropes.

OH!. Well something like that, example I can think of being Avatar:TLAB, it's not like that. Though the show is just about the main character Twilight sparkle learning every different aspect of friendship. But other then that the characters help give the show its charm. Though now they have a plot with 3 Fillys that don't have cutie marks on their hips, and they're wondering what their special talents are. though it was pointed out in episode 18, they were just too oblivious to notice
RHF
Samurai

Postby G1 Startruck Jonez » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 am

Legion1979 wrote:My Little Pony is My Little Pony. No matter how well written or clever it is.

Absolutely. Not knocking anybodies interest......yes I am, actually. Its My Little Pony. That in its own right should be left alone by the male demographic ages 5-death.

Now, if you told me that the truly outrageous GEM was making a comeback..... :huge:
Geek Culture for the Geek in us all - https://www.facebook.com/G1and2
Become a fan.
G1 Startruck Jonez
Interpol Agent

Postby RHF » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 am

Good news! A second season is now in the works so more Ponies! :D Though a big fan who was hosting the episodes on youtube got suspended, by someone claiming to be Hasbro. Hopefully someone from Hub, Lauren, or the real Hasbro say something on that

G1 Startruck Jonez wrote:

Absolutely. Not knocking anybodies interest......yes I am, actually. Its My Little Pony. That in its own right should be left alone by the male demographic ages 5-death.

Now, if you told me that the truly outrageous GEM was making a comeback..... :huge:

http://arch.413chan.net/Pinkie_Pie_shrug-(n1293475797506).jpg
RHF
Samurai

Postby Monster Master /pb/ » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:39 am

Yeah... This is like men watching a new Barney series or something...
Count me out.
Monster Archives -CLICK ME!

Legion wrote:Monster Master, meanwhile, takes douchebaggery to a whole new level of annoyance. What a scumbag.

Legion wrote:MM isn't punished at all for his outright flamebait. What a little cuntrag.
Monster Master /pb/
G-Force Lieutenant

Next

Return to Media Center