Trolling Godzilla Fans

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Re: Trolling Godzilla Fans

Post by toho_guy01 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Rodan 2004 is the best design out of all of them.
At this point you're asking to banned again.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Rodan: The Underappreciated Kaiju

One of the original "Big Three" of Toho, Rodan is one of the icons of the kaiju community that is greatly underappreciated in the community. It is up to you, yes you, to bring back such a brave beast from the obscure sidelines of boring beasts and beam spammers that plague the fandom.

Tips
- Bring up that Rodan's highlight is the Showa Era, and is therefore the best era.
- Whine constantly that his Heisei appearance was terrible, a poor showing of his once great strength. Plus, he's too stiff to do much of anything.
- Compalin that Rodan should have beaten the Big G in Final Wars, and that his small cameo wasn't enough.
- In any Fanatsy Match, constantly say that Rodan is the best fighter, and could take down the worm known as Bagan single handed.
- Point out that Rodan is coming into the new film, and that weird fan favorite Anguirus isn't.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Godzilla's Revenge- Why is it so infamous?

Tips
+ Mention the fact that the movie has personality, unlike the dull 1954 movie.
+ The movie is family friendly which is what Godzilla's supposed to be.
+ Gabara is one of the greater kaiju as he is based on Japanese folklore as he's an oni, the rest are mostly generic dinosaurs.
+ Children characters are extremely likeable and relatable, totally not annoying.
+ Ichiro is one of the best human characters in the franchise, forget Steve Martin and Dr Serizawa.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Matango is possibly the shitiest Toho film out there. Mushrooms, seriously?! I thought attack of the killer tomatoes was bad, but mushrooms? Ishiro Honda's directing hasn't ever been worse, and Eiji Tsuburaya's SFX have seen better days...

Tips:
+ Mention mushrooms being the "monster" of this film automatically makes it the worst Toho Kaiju film to ever go on screen
+ Say Ishiro Honda's directing in every other Toho film was better than this, including Godzilla's Revenge
+ Rant on about how the suits look like a bunch of rotten sewage was dumped on to several manikins, which were then allowed to grow some serious hemorrhoids afterwards, and that even Gabara and Minilla look better than this
+ Complain about this film being too predictable from the very beginning, with the yacht getting shipwrecked, the occupants inevitably strive for survival on a remote island, and end up eating the food they know will harm them in some way
+ Say this film is no where near dark in tone because the enemy is a fungus and that if you want to see scary, watch Godzilla's Revenge
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

This...
this is an opinion...

Please stop.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

One way to get them fired up is to bring up the Godzilla offspring we see.

tips:'
-The parentage, like how some say that the second Godzilla is female and laid the egg.
- Minya's voice in AMA.
- The chibi quality of Little Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Mention that Ultraman get discussed too much despite the long lasting franchise having only one singular thread for itself.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
This...
this is an opinion...

Please stop.
Like I said in this thread, it's an "underaged users" kind of thing.
Hopefully, people will just start reporting all of his shit posts so the PTB can ban him... again

OT- Just go on non stop about "homosexual undertones" in Godzilla vs. Megalon, that'll probably get on a lot of people's nerves.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

CinemaSins gets everything correct.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10KeJgjgCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mhhmK8jyk

And what does this has to do with the topic at hand?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

toho_guy01 wrote:

I'm guessing you haven't witnessed the tidal wave of nerdrage that billows through these forums whenever someone posts a CinemaSins video about TK's favorite movies (or any satirical video poking fun at said movies).

Consider yourself lucky.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

toho_guy01 wrote:

Well, the topic is confusing as I already stated. Is the topic about how to be a troll on this forum or is the topic about how to get back at the trolls on the forum?

Either case ot either perspective someone is going to be offended even though this topic was meant in fun. We all have differences of opinions and not every different opinion means someone is being a troll.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

If you've ever read an Encyclopedia Dramatica article, you'll know many of them feature sections with how-to guides on trolling individuals or groups. Given how many shit-through-a-goose-storms happen here at TK and throughout the Godzilla web fandom, I thought it might be fun to discuss what you find to be the most probable topics/statements/phrases to start trouble. I'm detailing a few, but please list more. 

This is for entertainment purposes only. It is just for a chuckle, a humorous commentary on our community, and no actual offense is intended. We are not responsible for the soreness of your butt.
Godzilla

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

never mind :g2k:
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

deleted
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Gojira1963 wrote:Either case ot either perspective someone is going to be offended even though this topic was meant in fun. We all have differences of opinions and not every different opinion means someone is being a troll.
Of course, everybody has different opinions we don't all have the same opinion but like the post said it's all for fun just a humorous satire of the G fandom. making fun of trolls by acting like trolls and making jokes. no one should get offended by simple jokes except for the 12 year old "fanboys" on Youtube and I also like Godzilla (1998) but it doesn't make me a troll. we are posting stuff like we were trolling but we do it in a way so everybody knows it's a joke, so I doubt anybody will be offended outside of said fanboys who get mad if anybody even hints at not liking something as much as they do.
Godzilla

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

g2vd wrote:
Gojira1963 wrote:Either case ot either perspective someone is going to be offended even though this topic was meant in fun. We all have differences of opinions and not every different opinion means someone is being a troll.
Of course, everybody has different opinions we don't all have the same opinion but like the post said it's all for fun just a humorous satire of the G fandom. making fun of trolls by acting like trolls and making jokes. no one should get offended by simple jokes except for the 12 year old "fanboys" on Youtube and I also like Godzilla (1998) but it doesn't make me a troll. we are posting stuff like we were trolling but we do it in a way so everybody knows it's a joke, so I doubt anybody will be offended outside of said fanboys who get mad if anybody even hints at not liking something as much as they do.
And certain things we say are deliberately wrong just to tease people. Not all of these are opinions.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Godzilla 2014
This film is one of the most hotly debated films in the fandom. Some like it, most find it average, and some hate it.

Tips:
+ Praise it to no end.
+ Say that it is better than Gojira because it has better acting, better special effects, and a better plot.
+ Claim that Gojira is inferior because it is in black and white, and black and white = boring.
+ Claim that Ford Brody is a better character than Dr. Serizawa.
+ Claim that the MUTOs are the strongest foes Godzilla has ever faced.
+ Say that this Godzilla design is the best by far.
+ Constantly talk about how great it is/ how much you love it, even when it makes no sense to bring up your love of the film.
+ Say that this is the best version of the atomic breath.

Alternatively, you can take the opposite, even more rage-inducing route:
+ Say it's the worst film to ever come out of the Godzilla franchise.
+ Constantly talk about how bad it is/ how much you hate it, even when it makes no sense to bring up your hatred of the film.
+ Never refer to the MUTOs by their name. Keep calling them Cloverfield/Gigan/Mothra/Battra, etc. Ignore and insult everyone when they politely try to correct you.
+ Insult the designs of the MUTOs by calling them Cloverfield ripoffs.
+ Insult the design of Godzilla by calling it fat and ugly. Don't forget to mention the stumpy feet and terrible-looking gills.
+ Say that America can never make a good Godzilla film because only Toho is true Godzilla.
+ Say that the CGI looks like shit.
+ Constantly complain about the lack of Godzilla.
+ Constantly complain about cutting away from battles.
+ Constantly complain about how boring and wooden Aaron Taylor Johnson is.
+ Constantly complain about how Bryan Cranston died too early. Never call him Joe Brody.
+ Call Ford Brody the worst character in any Godzilla movie ever.
+ Say that Godzilla 1998 was better because that one actually had Godzilla in it.

Edit: If you're not easily offended, head over to ED and look up Godzilla. I'm currently reading through their summaries of each G-film and they're hilarious!

Moguera24
Monsterland Worker

Post by Moguera24 »

KaijuFiend wrote:Godzilla 2014
This film is one of the most hotly debated films in the fandom. Some like it, most find it average, and some hate it.

Tips:
+ Praise it to no end.
+ Say that it is better than Gojira because it has better acting, better special effects, and a better plot.
+ Claim that Gojira is inferior because it is in black and white, and black and white = boring.
+ Claim that Ford Brody is a better character than Dr. Serizawa.
+ Claim that the MUTOs are the strongest foes Godzilla has ever faced.
+ Say that this Godzilla design is the best by far.
+ Constantly talk about how great it is/ how much you love it, even when it makes no sense to bring up your love of the film.
+ Say that this is the best version of the atomic breath.

Alternatively, you can take the opposite, even more rage-inducing route:
+ Say it's the worst film to ever come out of the Godzilla franchise.
+ Constantly talk about how bad it is/ how much you hate it, even when it makes no sense to bring up your hatred of the film.
+ Never refer to the MUTOs by their name. Keep calling them Cloverfield/Gigan/Mothra/Battra, etc. Ignore and insult everyone when they politely try to correct you.
+ Insult the designs of the MUTOs by calling them Cloverfield ripoffs.
+ Insult the design of Godzilla by calling it fat and ugly. Don't forget to mention the stumpy feet and terrible-looking gills.
+ Say that America can never make a good Godzilla film because only Toho is true Godzilla.
+ Say that the CGI looks like shit.
+ Constantly complain about the lack of Godzilla.
+ Constantly complain about cutting away from battles.
+ Constantly complain about how boring and wooden Aaron Taylor Johnson is.
+ Constantly complain about how Bryan Cranston died too early. Never call him Joe Brody.
+ Call Ford Brody the worst character in any Godzilla movie ever.
+ Say that Godzilla 1998 was better because that one actually had Godzilla in it.

Edit: If you're not easily offended, head over to ED and look up Godzilla. I'm currently reading through their summaries of each G-film and they're hilarious!
ED? Is that an acronym for something?
I have a tumblr I guess:http://monoclemogu.tumblr.com
I don't know why anyone would want to follow me, but it's here if you're in desperate need of Godzilla/general nerdiness content on your dashboard.