Did MG2 kill RadoGoji?

Discuss and analyze various feats!
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Did MG2 kill RadoGoji?

Post by miguelnuva »

The DVD says Godzilla was resurrected and I believe the soundtrack says that as well. I can go either way however as Godzilla brought JR back to life against Destroyer so either neither was dead or they both were dead in my book.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla was still alive, but would have been killed had SMG been allowed to continue its assault unimpeded.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I'd say more critically injured than dead. With what amounted to a severed spine, impalation wound, and general battery and fatigue from SMG's assault, he sure as hell wasn't in any danger of getting back up.

Would he have eventually recovered if left be after that point? Undoubtedly. Heisei Godzilla has demonstrated a phenomenal regen-rate time and again.

Could SMG have killed him if allowed to continue its assault? Undoubtedly.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i mean, the monster bio states it clearly: [quote]fully paralyzed[/i].

it does not once say, "killed". so no matter what anyone wants to believe, the facts as they are support partial to total body paralysis. the bios are required in part to prevent arguments over stuff that's established, so yea. he was never "killed'. end of debate?
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

three wrote:i mean, the monster bio states it clearly:
fully paralyzed[/i].

it does not once say, "killed". so no matter what anyone wants to believe, the facts as they are support partial to total body paralysis. the bios are required in part to prevent arguments over stuff that's established, so yea. he was never "killed'. end of debate?
Monster bios. By fans. Not Toho themselves.
I'd say more critically injured than dead. With what amounted to a severed spine, impalation wound, and general battery and fatigue from SMG's assault, he sure as hell wasn't in any danger of getting back up.

Would he have eventually recovered if left be after that point? Undoubtedly. Heisei Godzilla has demonstrated a phenomenal regen-rate time and again.
You forget that his second brain was destroyed? Like, ripped to fibers? And wasn't healing until Rodan boosted his powers?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

I read somewhere that according to the script Godzilla does not die, can anyone confirm this?

Either way, I don't think Godzilla died, he had previously taken an all out assault and still got back up, so I doubt this would have killed him.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gzillafan17 wrote:Either way, I don't think Godzilla died, he had previously taken an all out assault and still got back up, so I doubt this would have killed him.
Except his brain wasn't healing. His regeneration was broken during that moment.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Kaijunator wrote: Except his brain wasn't healing. His regeneration was broken during that moment.
To be fair, the area were his brain was, was constantly being electrocuting, preventing it from starting to regenerate.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Having just watched the scene, its safe to say that he didn't die, but he was on death's doorstep. Then Rodan came along and healed him.
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gzillafan17 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote: Except his brain wasn't healing. His regeneration was broken during that moment.
To be fair, the area were his brain was, was constantly being electrocuting, preventing it from starting to regenerate.
When has that stopped it?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Kaijunator wrote: When has that stopped it?
How could it regen, if it was constantly being destroyed before it can even form?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gzillafan17 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote: When has that stopped it?
How could it regen, if it was constantly being destroyed before it can even form?
If he could regen, then why didn't he after SMG had stopped his assault? Godzilla should've got right back up and destroyed MGII then. But he didn't.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Kaijunator wrote: If he could regen, then why didn't he after SMG had stopped his assault? Godzilla should've got right back up and destroyed MGII then. But he didn't.
Possibly because it would take longer to regenerate a brain or was just regenerating slowly because he was regenerating his other wounds.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gzillafan17 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote: If he could regen, then why didn't he after SMG had stopped his assault? Godzilla should've got right back up and destroyed MGII then. But he didn't.
Possibly because it would take longer to regenerate a brain or was just regenerating slowly because he was regenerating his other wounds.
Wh-what other wounds?!

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Kaijunator wrote: Wh-what other wounds?!
He did just endure a second all out assault from Mechagodzilla.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

You guys should watch the movie over again. He obviously died in the scene before rodan came to give him energy, you can see his second brain explode. Once that happens, he is dead. Nothing else to prove he was alive, and he had not endured anything that SMG had used to kill him prior to his death.
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Are you guys idiots?
That's uncalled for.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Are you guys idiots?
That's uncalled for.
Sorry, too passive aggressive there. My bad, wasn't trying to insult anyone :shock:
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

To be fair he tanked a whole onslaught of Mega Buster rays, Garuda cannons, a couple of paralysis missiles and a shot from the Plasma Grenade and got right back up.

Even from what I have read, according to the script Godzilla does not die (originally he was supposed to die, but they changed it). Even on all the reviews and monster bios on this site, they only say he was paralyzed, not killed.

He was still trying to get up after SMG spammed him and only stopped when they cut away to Baby and Rodan.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gzillafan17 wrote:Even from what I have read, according to the script Godzilla does not die (originally he was supposed to die, but they changed it). Even on all the reviews and monster bios on this site, they only say he was paralyzed, not killed.
Got any proof of the script? The reviews and bios are by fans, not Toho themselves.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!