Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by ernesth100 »

So I have an idea. A strange yet grounded or more so inspired by grounded source idea. So as many of you should know by now I LOVE to do team up stories. I was just thinking of a Team based on The Men Who Built America starring people such as

Cornelius Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, J. P. Morgan and Henry Ford teaming up against a villian. They use their money to give themselves powers and abilities to stop this villain. For example Vanderbilt would make a Train Like Suit of armor making him almost as powerful, fast, and unstoppable as a train.

This story may have to edit history a bit to have the villian be relevant enough to attract the attention of such powerful buisness men and be powerful enough himself to be a threat that they need to assemble. I'm still working on the villian mainly. I'm trying to find someone from history around the times of these men who was feared or dangerous or something along those lines. I am however willing to make my own villian if nothing is found. Trying to keep it as action packed yet grounded as possible.

What do you think of the idea?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

That's...genius. The villain should be a super exaggerated Teddy Roosevelt. :P I am in love with that idea, Ernest. Follow it.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Thanks, I got the idea from my U.S. History lesson today where the teacher let us watch "The Men Who Built America" special. I too thought Roosevelt could be the villian. Thanks, for supporting it. :)

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Ernesth this might sound like an idea that would come from a damn stoner....... but, I fucking love the idea.

Do it! You have my support on it. 100%
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So I have another idea. Basically the entire story is one giant Anti-Smoker ad. Based on this commercial which I think through my eyes is one big opportunity for a well written story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBm7R0lm9k
I imagine the premise of the store being quite simple. The chemicals in the smoke of cigarettes cause several monsters to rise and 1 unsuspecting teen most stop them all.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

ernesth100 wrote:So I have another idea. Basically the entire story is one giant Anti-Smoker ad. Based on this commercial which I think through my eyes is one big opportunity for a well written story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBm7R0lm9k
I imagine the premise of the store being quite simple. The chemicals in the smoke of cigarettes cause several monsters to rise and 1 unsuspecting teen most stop them all.
Oh, man, this sounds like something that would have shown up during Middle school Dare sessions. Make it gruesome to all Hell if you're gonna. Hedorah will rise!!!
TK's resident Taurean

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Wisper15 wrote: Oh, man, this sounds like something that would have shown up during Middle school Dare sessions. Make it gruesome to all Hell if you're gonna. Hedorah will rise!!!
I actually just finished it's called "Chemicals: A Smokers Apocalypse".

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by DinoMaster »

Has anyone ever written anything based upon the people and kaiju on the main site's banner? You know, the one that changes every now and then? I was toying the idea around for a story, and I can't have been the only one. It'd be nice to see some other perspectives on it if it was done.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

There's a lot that's left to interpretation, so you can easily make something out of those characters. I'd actually like to see somebody try and tackle it.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

That's what I was thinking. But I need a little help with the human faces, as I don't recognize much of them. Some I do, like the Dracula that pops up with Orga every now and then. But some names and characters from original pieces would be nice.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

You can either take that up with Arbok or someone more knowledgable about the full Toho filmography. I'm not able to help you there, but I do wish you the best of luck on that story. :)

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Hi I just have a couple of questions I think this is the proper place to ask them if not let me know and I'll post where I need to.
Two questions

1. My story that I'm currently working is not a short story it's rather a series how chapters\episodes I will write I don't know but it's divided into episodes anyways, I don't know if they'd fit a whole post or not do you if it can fit that much and if not do I post in separate divided posts like two or three?

2. And the last one is when done with I chapter do you guys prefer the beginning writers sub forum or the Fan Fiction sub forum?
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla6014 wrote:Hi I just have a couple of questions I think this is the proper place to ask them if not let me know and I'll post where I need to.
Two questions

1. My story that I'm currently working is not a short story it's rather a series how chapters\episodes I will write I don't know but it's divided into episodes anyways, I don't know if they'd fit a whole post or not do you if it can fit that much and if not do I post in separate divided posts like two or three?

2. And the last one is when done with I chapter do you guys prefer the beginning writers sub forum or the Fan Fiction sub forum?
1. Make two threads for your upcoming story. One for discussion and one for the story. Like all of us here, we don't finish the story in one go. We do it chapter by chapter/episode by episode. So each chapter/episode would take up one post so the whole story doesn't need/have to be all in one post.

2. Since you're just starting out, you're a beginner so you would post your story in the beginner's section.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Thanks for the reply hopefully my story will do well and be of interest. :D
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Anyway, regarding the 9th Emmys in which I'm sure you're all curious about. I'm thinking of postponing this a few weeks later just like the last one so people will have more time to update their stories with more content along with others that writers can begin and submit.

Also, I will chose someone to host this upcoming Emmys and like usual I will chose someone that hasn't done it yet in which it won't be MothraRocks, Kubo, Giratina93, Bulldog, or myself.
52 wins and 27 loses

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm hinking if the DWC gets as big as I hope it will then it can be made into a subforum here like the KWC. It can even be involved in the Emmy's for imagine "Best DWC Match".

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

ernesth100 wrote:I'm hinking if the DWC gets as big as I hope it will then it can be made into a subforum here like the KWC. It can even be involved in the Emmy's for imagine "Best DWC Match".
I'm not so sure if it will get a subforum..... even if it is popular.

The only subforums that I can see happening are ones for Discussion Board and stories dedicated to just Godzilla related stuff.
52 wins and 27 loses

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Eh, doesn't hurt to dream big. Point being I hope the DWC will become popular.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

An idea to keep a certain franchise of mine fresh and new and alive. Along with some intriguing details and tell me what you guys think.
Spoiler:
Life in Toho Kingdom City Reboot

It has come to my attention that the current story for the franchise, Life in TK City: The End of a Generation is not going to work out as for reasons down below. Instead I have decided to go ahead and do reboot that will keep the spirit of the franchise all the while change some things around to make things more consistent. You'll see more down below.

Answers:

1. This is a hard reboot which it will start from essentially scratch. Characters such as Alex, Cesar, Klaus, and Asmodeus and every other character is non-existent in this cannon. With the possible exception of Mist due to his popularity and essentially a meme of the franchise though he would be restricted to a very small role/cameo. Essentially the only things that will stay from the original series are the TK Steak House, Go-Kart track, the college, and as stated before, possibly Mist.

2. The main reason this was created was due to the vast inconsistencies and that both of my contingency plans to keep the previous cannon alive failed. As for the second contingency that I planned, I would have to do a hell of a lot of retconning to make the story fit and I feel I would betray the franchise and fans by doing that. Hence the reboot would be the best answer and let people just headcannon on how they think the old series ended.

3. The reboot is more or less going to be a bit more realistic and less bizarre. No teenagers getting drunk and handling guns along with main characters getting randomly shot and being fine in the next part. Plus, I intend for no teens to be involved in the story with the possible exception of side characters. However, it will still have elements that make TK City what it is such as some of the humor and character development. Along with no big breasted demons, ARIENS, Roboids, or super powered people. That's what the Shade is for. This will more or less just be about humans while maybe slowly growing into the unknown future.

4. The story will be posted in a hybrid of episode style (Like the original series) and regular chapter style (like just about every other story).

5. Characters are intended to be more diverse from each other and are expected to be something vast and different than what the usual character makes for characters. Characteristics that varies are background, race, personality, appearance, orientation, etc. Meaning I expect a variety of colorful and unexpected/new going the extra mile characters to make this story even more exciting. Characters are a part of what makes the journey so amazing.

6. The planned sign-ups are to be different than usual as they will be submitted via PM and I will not confirm if the character makes it as a main. I will reveal each character one by one on if they made it to be a main character. There will be a total of 6-7 main characters. Though side/secondary characters will be present along with 1-3 villains.

7. I will not be posting a discussion board nor story of this till at least the Emissaries is finished.

8. The characters are all intended to be meek in the sense of them having a low standing in society. Be it they were always like this, how the mighty have fallen trope, or trying to reinvent themselves or even running away from a problem. They will not be at the status of the original group of the characters as it will take a while for them to get to their status. Along with them not outright meeting all of each other in the first few chapters as it will take quite a while for that happen.

9. Expect some more meaningful type of relationships (Friendships, bromances, family type of attitudes and even romances between characters) than there was from the original series. Yes, I will confirm it here officially that there will be actual pairings and will play a big part in the story.....possibly.

10. Wait a goshdarn second! If you're doing a reboot then that means we'll never see the first two seasons again from the purge? Rest assured, during my work with The Emissaries and when I finish that story, I will be doing some grammar and spelling reconstructions to make the story more readable and clearer. Since you know they were back in 2011-2012. Think of it like as Halo 1 and 2 remastered.

11. Expect more detail and venturing more into TK city itself as one of the things in the original cannon as I feel it never got explored enough. We never got a view for the big city and how the everyday was like. I intend to put more emphasis on the city and lifestyle. Though of course there will still have it's action and fighting just like in the originals.

12. Even if you weren't a fan of TK city beforehand and didn't know what it was then you don't need to worry since this is great place to jump in for the franchise.

13. Down below you'll see a prototype of the planned sign-ups.

Name:
Orientation:
Appearance:
Personality:
School (Optional):
Backstory/Reason for moving to TK:

Now I would like to hear what everyone has for my ideas for the reboot. Be is ideas, opinions, etc. Lay them on me. And then of course not everything will be considered final, but a good portion will be.
52 wins and 27 loses

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

DELETED
Last edited by godzillafan1954 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.