Monster Discussion #49: MechaGodzilla (Heisei)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Discussion #49: MechaGodzilla (Heisei)

Post by TyrantGojira »

The change from alien weapon to millitary defense unit was the best change for the character. But i find kiryu slightly better
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm one of those kinds of people who like all the mechs. This guy included.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

^Noice!
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Why didn't MGII's Diamond armor go from NT-20 to NT-21 with Garuda attached? Shouldn't Garuda's NT-1 armor improve MG's?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Goji12
Monsterland Worker

Post by Goji12 »

Let's not lie here guys we all know( or at least we should ) that Kiryu and MG74 are THE best monsters in my opinion.Mech Godzilla 2 is bland in my opinion.
Just thought you should know that

BAM!!!!!

PS, I can smell you

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

You're right, we shouldn't lie, guys - we all know that Goji12 doesn't like MG93 as much as the others. And he's the BOOOSSSSS, so....
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

MG2 isn't my favorite, either, but the mech has a nice design and some powerful weapons. It's just too stiff in its movements.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Kaijunator wrote:Why didn't MGII's Diamond armor go from NT-20 to NT-21 with Garuda attached? Shouldn't Garuda's NT-1 armor improve MG's?
Because it doesn't work like that? :lol: That's like saying the sunscreen I just applied goes from SPF 30 to SPF 45 when I put my backpack on.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

This is my favorite MG incarnation, with the '74 version right behind it. I wish it could've been in GvSG as well, instead of Moguera... But the one thing I don't understand is everyone disliking this one because it has no "personality". It's a robot, okay? Since when do true robots have personalities? This one did rely heavily on beam-spamming, but it the end, MG2 is one of the most interesting and one of Godzilla's deadliest (if not the deadliest) opponents because it outright killed him, albeit temporarily.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

your standard robot does not need personality. it needs to accomplish its job efficiently and it does when necessary.

if it was nightrider's KITT, then it could have personality like Kiryu, or if it were the terminator, it could have personality like MG '74-'75. all this talk of robots not having personality lacks context.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

three wrote:your standard robot does not need personality. it needs to accomplish its job efficiently and it does when necessary.
My point exactly. But as I said, everyone tends to dislike this one because of a lack of personality.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Missingno. wrote:
three wrote:your standard robot does not need personality. it needs to accomplish its job efficiently and it does when necessary.
My point exactly. But as I said, everyone tends to dislike this one because of a lack of personality.

could also be the teenage girl thing it has going on with that duckface. nah, i don't see it that way, but i've heard it referenced as such.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

He was pretty bland and serves his purpose. IMO he was the most effective of the three mechagodzillas at battling Godzilla especially since he actually was able to KILL Godzilla.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

It didn't kill him.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

three wrote:It didn't kill him.
Ummm yeah it did. It blew out Godzillas second brain and killed him. Godzilla only came back because Rodan gave him his life force.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzillian wrote:
Ummm yeah it did. It blew out Godzillas second brain and killed him. Godzilla only came back because Rodan gave him his life force.

so shooting godzilla after they had killed him was because the pilots liked the way the masers resembled rainbows?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

three wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

so shooting godzilla after they had killed him was because the pilots liked the way the masers resembled rainbows?
Better safe then sorry ;) but seriously Godzilla was killed regardless. This Mechag was the only one that got the job done.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

nah, sarcasm and being a jerk aside i don't understand how you figure he died. would you mind explaining?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

three wrote:nah, sarcasm and being a jerk aside i don't understand how you figure he died. would you mind explaining?
After the brain is destroyed and Godzilla falls he still moves for a bit as Mechag unloads all its weapons on him. After that he stops moving and lays completely still until Rodan revives him. Doesn't even move his eyes or react when rodan falls on top of him. To me he seemed pretty dead the film even says that if they destroy the brain Godzilla won't be able to walk not paralyze him completely to the point when he can't even move.