Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by codycameron09 »

Still mad that the only "In Scale" figure we have so far is the Movie Monster Series one. You would think SHMA or NECA would have jumped onto that by now.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

On the subject of Godzilla statues, there is also the "Midtown meets Godzilla" project in Tokyo:

http://www.scified.com/site/godzillamov ... okyo-japan

As far as MUTO figures go, it is a bit surprising that the only available non-mini figure MUTO is the Movie Monsters Series version, which is neat but not all that accurate. The most accurate MUTO figures are actually NECA's tiny "Gravity Feed" versions, which again makes me wonder why NECA hasn't done 6 inch versions yet.

NECA's Godzilla toys seem to be popular, however, so we might see them at some point in the future.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Plexton wrote:The most accurate MUTO figures are actually NECA's tiny "Gravity Feed" versions.
And they're accurate in both details and scale to the Godzilla 2014 in that same line. I was sorry to find that the High Grade female MUTO is virtually the same size as the Gravity Feed one. I was hoping it would be larger! Besides the Gravity Feed line, no one else has made both MUTOs and made them in scale even with each other!

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

Still hoping NECA puts together a Female Muto, I'm totally happy with the male destruction pack as a scaled figure for display purposes.

Would really love for NECA to do a Muto 2 pack for like 35-40.
Dreams!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Plexton wrote:On the subject of Godzilla statues, there is also the "Midtown meets Godzilla" project in Tokyo:

http://www.scified.com/site/godzillamov ... okyo-japan

As far as MUTO figures go, it is a bit surprising that the only available non-mini figure MUTO is the Movie Monsters Series version, which is neat but not all that accurate. The most accurate MUTO figures are actually NECA's tiny "Gravity Feed" versions, which again makes me wonder why NECA hasn't done 6 inch versions yet.

NECA's Godzilla toys seem to be popular, however, so we might see them at some point in the future.

Yeah, I went there to see the statue. It's definitely not "movie accurate." It's a pretty cool attraction though. They rigged the spikes with with LED light lights and they also put different colored lights in order to illuminate it at night. They made it expel smoke from his mouth as well. It was pretty neat to see.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

HLJ sold out of the Gashapon set!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Maaaan I feel like there's a little chance HLJ is going to get the 6" Vinyl in again...it's been on Backorder for so long. Damn it.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

lrmrtrk wrote:Maaaan I feel like there's a little chance HLJ is going to get the 6" Vinyl in again...it's been on Backorder for so long. Damn it.
Yea, I was only able to get the MUTO from them. Never got my Godzilla. I'm just gonna get the BC one instead. Looks better anyway.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

REPOST FROM G'14 FORUM: I just picked up the G'14 Christmas ornament at a Hallmark store. It's a nice sculpt, looks pretty cool, but is noticeably smaller than the classic Godzilla line from American Greetings. So ironically, the biggest Godzilla will be the runt of the litter in your holiday display. To be fair, it costs less ($17.99; the others are in the $25 - $30 range), and is actually light enough to hang on a tree. The G'14 roar is nicely reproduced, and it repeats a couple of times, though the footsteps that also play sound more like gunshots or whip cracks. They pale in comparison to the '54 drumbeats. Overall, I'm happy with it. Recommended.

UPDATE: I also now have the 60th Anniversary ornament from American Greetings. Very cool, and quite a bit larger than the Hallmark G'14 (but so is the $35 price tag). When I first saw the pics in G-Fan, I was disappointed. It looked too much like the very first one they did. But seeing it now, WOW. It's black and white, and glows brightly from within when activated. The original Godzilla: KotM logo is on the side. A really nice tribute to the original film, and looks quite striking.

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
lrmrtrk wrote:Maaaan I feel like there's a little chance HLJ is going to get the 6" Vinyl in again...it's been on Backorder for so long. Damn it.
Yea, I was only able to get the MUTO from them. Never got my Godzilla. I'm just gonna get the BC one instead. Looks better anyway.
I want to get both, but I already had to pay like 40USD for the BC one, not including extra border fees... HLJ would be much less expensive and much less of a hassle too... damn it. Just annyoed at why they wouldn't order more if the first batch went so well?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I might be wrong, but the I think the Bandai Japan Godzilla 2014 and MUTO were only one production run.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

What do you guys think is the most movie accurate figure of Godzilla?
^This post in sexually offensive.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Dillyziller wrote:What do you guys think is the most movie accurate figure of Godzilla?
The NECA 24"

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Dillyziller wrote:What do you guys think is the most movie accurate figure of Godzilla?
The Neca Godzilla figures. Or the novel style. ;)

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

To be honest I found the gashapons to be the most accurate for Godzilla and the MUTO's.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Dillyziller wrote:To be honest I found the gashapons to be the most accurate for Godzilla and the MUTO's.
Haven't seen any pictures of those recently but if I recall correctly their paint jobs weren't that pretty.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Too bad there wasn't any really well detailed MUTO figures though. I don't think there was anyway.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Monster Zero wrote:Too bad there wasn't any really well detailed MUTO figures though. I don't think there was anyway.
The POD M.U.T.O.'s? The Bandai Japan one?

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

2004Zilla wrote:
Monster Zero wrote:Too bad there wasn't any really well detailed MUTO figures though. I don't think there was anyway.
The POD M.U.T.O.'s? The Bandai Japan one?
Well detailed. I meant ones that looked as good as most of the Godzilla ones.

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

2004Zilla wrote:
Dillyziller wrote:To be honest I found the gashapons to be the most accurate for Godzilla and the MUTO's.
Haven't seen any pictures of those recently but if I recall correctly their paint jobs weren't that pretty.
The Gashapon Godzilla is petty great tbh. The paint job on his face is amazing, considering how tiny that thing is. you can make out the teeth and tongue in his mouth... nothing sloppy at all. The eyes don't have a pupil but the head is overall pretty nice. The body might be a bit dark... definitely way darker than the Necas, and the paint on his belly/ chest is sort off drybrushed on... could've been better but I think the figure looks really good.