Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Noble Saber »

Has anyone gotten these yet?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Looks like my TRU gets all the good stuff early...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Is that at TRU?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Is that at TRU?
Yeah. :huge:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

2004Zilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:^ Is that at TRU?
Yeah. :huge:
So, THAT's where they're hiding them...

My Target & Wal-Mart ain't got diddly...

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The Bandai vinyl figure is out now. I'd probably start checking comic stores first.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... AiS92MXNrs

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'll have to check Target and TRU, TRU website doesn't list it.

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Starsteam wrote:The Bandai vinyl figure is out now. I'd probably start checking comic stores first.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... AiS92MXNrs
Order Placed :g2k:

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The new Gashapon set came in today. Comparison (terribly focused) gallery here; http://starestream.tumblr.com/post/96989676393

They're a bit smaller than the recent Godzilla gashapons, more closer to the ones from the 90's. The MUTOs are out of scale with everything, no progress here but at least the poses are more proper. My only real complaint is for the male, the sockets are too small for the heavy wings, even with the support base it keeps wanting to fall over to the side or fall apart.. Not to mention the warped legs, I'd have to deal with those later.

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Starsteam wrote:The new Gashapon set came in today. Comparison (terribly focused) gallery here; http://starestream.tumblr.com/post/96989676393
http://38.media.tumblr.com/c862ce5b59b8 ... 5_1280.png

They're a bit smaller than the recent Godzilla gashapons, more closer to the ones from the 90's. The MUTOs are out of scale with everything, no progress here but at least the poses are more proper. My only real complaint is for the male, the sockets are too small for the heavy wings, even with the support base it keeps wanting to fall over to the side or fall apart.. Not to mention the warped legs, I'd have to deal with those later.
They look good so far imo. Wish they had at least a slightly different pose on the two G figures, but oh well. My 8 figures from HLJ will get here Wednesday... let's see if I can get at least one set.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

My set came today as well. No pics, but they are smaller than the previous few HG sets. I also feel like Bandai made the insert papers slightly cheaper (no actual proof, just how they feel and the look of them). I hope they go back to 6 figures and the previous size in future sets (and that's hoping there are more sets).
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The female MUTO is practically the same size as the Wizkids mini.

I noticed that the inserts said something about 15. If you count the three Chronicles sets, this would be series 15. Twenty years strong.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Having seen them in person before they were released, the size is my BIGGEST complaint on these. I am not happy with these at all. It's as if Bandai rushed and tried to save money as much as possible when they made this set. Oh, well, I hope that they reform and give us a better quality set for next time!

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Starsteam wrote:The new Gashapon set came in today. Comparison (terribly focused) gallery here;

(SNIP)

You've summed up my thoughts on this set well; when my set arrived, I compared them to some of the older HG sets, and they are approximately the same size. I'll have to see the film again, but I seem to recall the female MUTO being shorter than Godzilla, so that sizing could be accurate. The male MUTO is clearly out of scale, however (though, if it were in scale, it would be incredibly tiny).

While the sculpts are very nice, the paint jobs...are unimpressive. The MUTOs look okay, but Godzilla is a flat black with some sketchy drybrushing on the belly. The 'atomic' Godzilla figure adds some blue highlights, but these also look rather quickly applied. Overall, I don't think the paintwork is up to the standard of past HG releases.

Still, it is great to see a new HG Godzilla set after all this time.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

^The female is shorter than Godzilla, though it's much bulkier looking on screen compared to the HG.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I would LOVE both MUTO in-scale. They would probably be made by Tamashii and NECA.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

It really sucks to see minimal effort put into these Gashapons. They needed to get the guys who are doing the Ultraman ones. Those ones just keep getting bigger.

I'd be kinda surprised if they did any more Gashapon sets, it looks to me like this is just a one-off set. I'd love to be wrong.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

It indeed seems like they put minimal effort into this set and I agree, they should get the people who do the Ultraman sets to do these. The Ultraman HG figures are definitely more elaborate and bigger. The new Ultraman vs Kamen Rider HG set is going to be amazing! I've seen the prototype pictures and it looks fantastic! Perhaps Bandai will come back with a better HG set when the next Godzilla movie is released? But I guess that won't be until two or three years from now... X_X

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

I think we'll continue to see more Godzilla 2014 related merchandise come out, now that Legendary's film has proven to be a hit and has effectively restarted the franchise.

On that note, have you guys seen Toho's Godzilla 2014 statue? There's a pretty good gallery at the link below:

http://tokusatsutokusoutai.blog106.fc2. ... y-351.html

Regarding that Ultraman vs Kamen Rider HG set, are there any new photos, and any word on when it is coming out? I only recall seeing the unpainted prototypes.

EDIT: I just came across this:

https://twitter.com/Igadevil/status/495 ... 89/photo/1

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Plexton wrote:I think we'll continue to see more Godzilla 2014 related merchandise come out, now that Legendary's film has proven to be a hit and has effectively restarted the franchise.

On that note, have you guys seen Toho's Godzilla 2014 statue? There's a pretty good gallery at the link below:

http://tokusatsutokusoutai.blog106.fc2. ... y-351.html

Regarding that Ultraman vs Kamen Rider HG set, are there any new photos, and any word on when it is coming out? I only recall seeing the unpainted prototypes.

EDIT: I just came across this:

https://twitter.com/Igadevil/status/495 ... 89/photo/1
That is the statue I was looking for on my recent trip to Japan. I went to a Toho Cinema to get the Godzilla cup, but they didn't have that Godzilla at that particular one. I went to the one in Umeda (Osaka).

Wow, those HG figures look fantastic. The new Godzilla HG set should have looked that good!