Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES)

Post by The Godzilla King »

This is the same Rodan sprite but with the correct colors.

I found it in the Virtuanes Palette viewer. Anguirus is red and brown I think.

I tried playing as him in the American version after attempting to play as Mechagodzilla and I think I saw his wings(it crashed afterwards). Assuming it's not just part of the background. So far I've yet to make that happen again.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Rodan would be the red and brown one and Anguirus would be the green one, at least judging from the ingame sprite.
Last edited by The Godzilla King on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

Post by CaptainStarbird »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I would say that the Anguirus sprite is pretty detailed for something that was meant to be in an 8-bit video game.
Well yeah, likewise with Godzilla and Mothra.
Though the one Cosbydaf did for the Creepypasta had a lot more detail than this one.
And suffice to say, I expected this one on all fours and more of a brown color.
Also it does look like the GRA one more than what comes to mind with Cosbydaf's, too.
-TK's resident burnout-

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

I have no idea if this is supposed to happen when I enter in the GH1D0RA cheat. Usually I get a blank board with a bunch of red stage icons. Either way it's unplayable.

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

It is.
I've entered that password a few times to see what I could do with it when I was younger.
-TK's resident burnout-

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Image

It's legit.
Well, holy shit.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So this whole time it was meant to be a team of Godzilla, Mothra, Angilas and Rodan that save the day but the latter two got dropped.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:So this whole time it was meant to be a team of Godzilla, Mothra, Angilas and Rodan that save the day but the latter two got dropped.
Pretty much
Resized Image

Karmataurus
Monarch Researcher

Post by Karmataurus »

I dunno, I ain't buying it.

For one, this whole game was ripped apart when that creepypasta came out, and while a handful of things were discovered (Unused Ghidorah frames, extra unused menu icons) there is no reference to Rodan in the slightest, and one possible link to Anguirus is what appears to be some form of an error message that looks nothing like the sprite shown earlier. It seems odd how extensively detailed the Anguirus sprite is despite being a quadraped, note how baragon isn't made into a biped.

I think it's a hoax.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Karmataurus wrote:I dunno, I ain't buying it.

For one, this whole game was ripped apart when that creepypasta came out, and while a handful of things were discovered (Unused Ghidorah frames, extra unused menu icons) there is no reference to Rodan in the slightest, and one possible link to Anguirus is what appears to be some form of an error message that looks nothing like the sprite shown earlier. It seems odd how extensively detailed the Anguirus sprite is despite being a quadraped, note how baragon isn't made into a biped.

I think it's a hoax.
It's... not...

I think there's more than enough evidence of its authenticity in this thread.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Wow, I had the game as a kid and I never knew all these easter eggs. The only one I knew was inputing DestroyAllMonsters as a password and you begin the game fighting all monsters in the game. But Angurius and Rodan? HO-LEE-COW!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Karmataurus wrote:I dunno, I ain't buying it.

I think it's a hoax.
Someone has already replicated it using the code. Its not fake
Resized Image

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

Beef Bigshot wrote:Someone has already replicated it using the code. Its not fake
Though while this may be, I do find it odd that the Japanese beat us to this by five years and that we only ever really started digging for this after Cosbydaf's story.
The former on account of how we usually have someone out there on the Internet digging into stuff like this at an absurdly quick rate with a lot of games, even the more obscure ones like this one.
And the latter on account of how somewhat similar, though with marginally less detail admittedly while being solid from a visual standpoint, that Anguirus is when compared to what Cosby cropped up.
Not to say, I doubt this when it's proven and right in front of me, but I do honestly find it strange when factoring these two notions in.

Though this one seems to be the "Raids Again" Angy, not the late Showa one.
-TK's resident burnout-

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

How is the fact that the spirite looks good making you skeptical? The normal Godzilla sprite looks great as well asmothra especially for NES standards

I'm not saying I don't agree with your other points Cap, but that one doesn't make sense to me :/
Resized Image

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

Beef Bigshot wrote:How is the fact that the spirite looks good making you skeptical? The normal Godzilla sprite looks great as well asmothra especially for NES standards

I'm not saying I don't agree with your other points Cap, but that one doesn't make sense to me :/
It's more the odd similarity being the key factor with the detail being an(admittedly small) factor with the marginal contrast being what is odd about it.(Should've worded that better, I think.)
I don't know, but it does seem "off" after I look at them side by side.
I don't question its authenticity, but I just find some stuff odd about this overall.
Like a strange, but true coincidence so to say.
Though, I wouldn't say I'm skeptical here due to it being proven graphical work.

Could be the OCD part of my brain firing off when it shouldn't again.
-TK's resident burnout-

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

CaptainStarbird wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:How is the fact that the spirite looks good making you skeptical? The normal Godzilla sprite looks great as well asmothra especially for NES standards

It's more the odd similarity being the key factor with the detail being an(admittedly small) factor with the marginal contrast being what is odd about it.(Should've worded that better, I think.)
I don't know, but it does seem "off" after I look at them side by side.
I don't question its authenticity, but I just find some stuff odd about this overall.
Like a strange, but true coincidence so to say.
Though, I wouldn't say I'm skeptical here due to it being proven graphical work.

Could be the OCD part of my brain firing off when it shouldn't again.
Hey man, I took time out of my schedule to get the game to run on a proper working platform, and posted that snapshot. I'm very unfamiliar with Monster of Monsters, so I went into it as big a skeptic as the next person. You could get it to run too if you took a moment to try it!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

GigaBowserG wrote:Hey man, I took time out of my schedule to get the game to run on a proper working platform, and posted that snapshot. I'm very unfamiliar with Monster of Monsters, so I went into it as big a skeptic as the next person. You could get it to run too if you took a moment to try it!
Not saying I doubt it or that I'm a skeptic(just got through saying that methinks), but more of strangely true coincidence.
And part of me wonders if running that last bit with one of my two hard copies on my NES is actually a good idea, man.

I have got to try that... :lol:
-TK's resident burnout-

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Is it possible to...uh, kick baragon back when he jumps at you? I just plugged in the planet X challenge and was playing through that for fun when I did it. He jumped me, and with quit button mashing, I think I launched him back because he flew back in a siniliar manner as when he jumps(and he flew back quite a distance). I had to fight him at least 3 times and was unable to replicate it again, but it did happen.
Resized Image

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

Beef Bigshot wrote:Is it possible to...uh, kick baragon back when he jumps at you? I just plugged in the planet X challenge and was playing through that for fun when I did it. He jumped me, and with quit button mashing, I think I launched him back because he flew back in a siniliar manner as when he jumps(and he flew back quite a distance). I had to fight him at least 3 times and was unable to replicate it again, but it did happen.
You can tail swipe as he jumps.
In my experience, I tail whip him almost all the time.
Found it stronger than kicking him, but sometimes, I prefer kicking him all the same.
-TK's resident burnout-

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Well ya, you can kinda break the game by crouching and using the tail whip. I did like a whole playthrough like that.
Resized Image

CaptainStarbird
Justiriser

Beef Bigshot wrote:Well ya, you can kinda break the game by crouching and using the tail whip. I did like a whole playthrough like that.
Well, another strategy when the atomic breath is charged and having Baragon dive into the brunt of the ray itself.
-TK's resident burnout-