Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by KaneLocke »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:[wuote="KaneyLockey"]
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:I suggest you leave.
And B: You wouldn't be whining like a bitch over someone giving your art fair criticism.
No, I probably wouldn't. I realize I can't please everyone. And I also realize that my art is MINE. Its my view. Its my creation. I'm expressing it. Not everyone will like my expression, I realize that. I like my expression, however, and that's enough for me.[/quote]
Just to clarify, I wasn't directing that at you. Point "A" simply directed him to your quote, point B was directed at Jakey-boy here.
Proud father, husband, and son.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:I think we should reboot our quotes, Kane.
Reboot!
Proud father, husband, and son.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Dinomaster's King Kong:

http://dino-master.deviantart.com/art/N ... -100530352

I would thought that image would be another silver back gorilla if no one pointed it out to me.
Well, as much as I despise Dinomaster's art, King Kong IS just a giant gorilla. So that's fairly accurate.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jacob Kaiju X
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jacob Kaiju X »

To Godzilla 2000:

Ah, the inaccurate Jurassic Park design. In most reconstructions, Tyrannosaurus Rex looks more like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... M_Wien.JPG
Nothing this one has a longer snout than the link you put up.

Well, there is similarities with the monitor lizard. But, heck, there is similarities between the Tyrannosaurus head I just posted and a monitor lizard. The only big difference is T-Rex has a U-shaped mouth like many mammals, while komodo dragons (as well as other lizards) have V-shaped jaws. My Godzilla happens to have U shape mouth.

Either way, it shouldn't matter. I was drawing a head that is similar to Godzilla.
Yes, it is. It lacks depth, or any shading. It looks like a sketch for an anime.{/quote}

Well, the reason is looks like a sketch is, well, it is a sketch. If I was to color it, it would have those details inside it. And, my defination for cartoony isn't the fact the pic had depth. My defination (and other people) are usually more rounder shapes with little detail (including a lack of scales). Not that it matters to you either way.
Not really. Drawing each scale isnt detailed. Drawing the texture of each scale is detailed.
Oh, really. You sound pretty pompus there, dude. Like "oh, it has scales, but wait, it doesn't have details inside them, so it's a cartoon". Give me a break.
Which is why you flipped out earlier, yes? =/
Maybe my actions were a bit immature in retrospect, but I didn't overly flipped out. The fact is, with the exception of HeiseiGodzilla, I didn't get a clear explanation on why you thought my artwork was "cartoony". Maybe I should've just took it as a compliment, but I decided to be annoying.
Too late. It appears it already did. lol.{/quote}

Eh, not really. I didn't even need to logged in to comment to you. I know how you going to be like no matter what I say. But, i decided "eh, what the Hell".

For a 31 year old, your vocabulary is surprisingly shallow.

"Stupid and untrue?" Really? Thats the best you can come up with? That sounds like something my 12 year old cousin would say.
Well, my wording could've been better, but I was tired to. Plus, I was said I was 31 years old, doesn't mean I have to talk like a college professor, like some people.
If someone saying your drawing is cartoony makes their opinion "stupid and untrue," then its obvious you're the kind of person who simply cannot take criticism without getting overly defensive and thinking people are bashing your precious art

I assume anyone who truly criticizes your drawings on DA get blocked and have their comments removed, yes? Seems like something you'd do.
Ugh, not this statement again!

Ok, if have you took a look at my Godzilla drawing at DA, you should also scroll down and examine the comments below the pic. They are still there, not hidden, and definately not deleted. I think you got me confused with Dino-Master.

Your comment has no true merit. I am open to someone giving me constructive criticism. But, the "criticism" I have got on this forum is pretty weak and insultive. I mean, someone just saying my Godzilla (or any other art piece I have) was cartoony isn't constructive criticism. I mean, explain why you think it was cartoony, like how HeiseiGodzilla did. Yeah, I snapped at him, but I felt he was degrading my work as well.

Let's see, if you guys just said something to the effect of "Your Godzilla is lacking a sense of 3D to it. It needs texture and shading." I would've been more reasonable, but calling it cartoony is just dumb to me.

Man up.
Man Down!

Jacob Kaiju X
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jacob Kaiju X »

Inferno Rodan wrote:Damn Monsturra, you do realize you can reply to multiple people in a single post, right? No need to QUADRUPLE post.

As for your design, I gotta agree with what most people are saying. Dorsal plates are too small, and even aside from that it just doesn't quite look like Godzilla. It's the proportions. The arms and legs are the same length, giving it a very lizardy look. And no, that doesn't look like a Tyrannosaurus head. Even if it did, that's still not a good thing because Godzilla doesn't, and shouldn't, have a T. rex head.
Um, Godzilla's head is based off a Tyrannosaurus.

Jacob Kaiju X
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jacob Kaiju X »

Godzillatheultimate wrote:How does Godzilla's head = T.Rex head?
Let's see, Godzilla is based off three dinosaurs. Now, what were those three dinosaurs, kiddies?

Time's up! The head of Godzilla is based off a Tyrannosaurus, his body is based off a Stegosaurus, and his arms are based off a Iguanodon. His skin texture is based off a crocodilians with elements of burnt skin.
Godzilla 2000 wrote: It still looks more like a monito lizard head. Hell, even the pic you posted still looks different than a monitor lizard. The difference between the two should be obvious. Regardless of what was intended, thats what it looks like; a monitor lizard.
Ok, explain where you are getting the impression that it's a monitor lizard's head design? All I have gotten from you all is it's a monitor lizard head. Ok, if it's a monitor lizard head, explain first off why you think that way?

[quote} Grow up.[/quote]

You first.

Jacob Kaiju X
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jacob Kaiju X »

Ok, I went back and did a more traditional Godzilla design:
http://monsturra-jake.deviantart.com/ar ... -199613714

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Jacob Kaiju X wrote:Ok, I went back and did a more traditional Godzilla design:
http://monsturra-jake.deviantart.com/ar ... -199613714
That's much better. There a nice mix between traditional Godzilla features and sleeker lizard-like features. I rather like it.

Not a fan of the spines continuing all the way down his tail though.

Jacob Kaiju X
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jacob Kaiju X »

Godzillatheultimate wrote:Godzilla's head is hardly T-Rex like. Godzilla's mouth is on a slope down, at least from what I can see, of his eyes, the head is more compact, and the eyes on Godzilla are centered heavily. As in, they meet up on his head and are seperated by the start of the nasal area.
I did say Based off, not a acurrate portrayal.

The_Olden_Thing
Monarch Researcher

Post by The_Olden_Thing »

Here's a head comparison between the pic and a Komodo Dragon.

Can definitely see the similarities there. Not ragging on it, but just pointing out that the people who said that had a point.

Jacob Kaiju X
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jacob Kaiju X »

The_Olden_Thing wrote:Here's a head comparison between the pic and a Komodo Dragon.

Can definitely see the similarities there. Not ragging on it, but just pointing out that the people who said that had a point.
Ok, it's possible, but I know I didn't base the head off a monitor's head shape. Also, the head is longer on the monitor, while my Godzilla head is more or less more blunt, like a Tyrannosaurus.

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Because....it looks like one?
To you maybe.
First off, way to skreeonk up the quote brackets.

Second, that was a pitiful retort. I mean, seriously.

Third, banana oil!
First one, huh? Second, what was pitiful? I simply asking why you think that Godzilla head design looks like a monitor lizard over a T-Rex? That's all, I don't find what is pitiful about it. Unless, your little brain can't process the words.

I won't even reply to the last one, stupid fool![/quote]

To Godzilla 1995: It's called a REDESIGN! Look it up!
Tyler wrote: The new design is better but something just feels off. Can't put my finger on it.
Ah, thank you! A guy who actually know how to use constructive criticism. Anyway, I do agree with you. It's not much of a redesign either, it's just another random Godzilla design, really.

Hmmm, maybe a fusion of the two.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Jacob Kaiju X wrote: To Godzilla 1995: It's called a REDESIGN! Look it up!
okay...
It's not much of a redesign either, it's just another random Godzilla design, really.

dude... Your a FUCKING IDIOT
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Jacob Kaiju X wrote: Tyler wrote: The new design is better but something just feels off. Can't put my finger on it.

Ah, thank you! A guy who actually know how to use constructive criticism. Anyway, I do agree with you. It's not much of a redesign either, it's just another random Godzilla design, really.
Don't be stupid. That's not constructive criticism. You just saw that Tyler wrote "better" and didn't actually criticize any of the features so it makes you feel all warm and tingly like someone is on your side. You just can't accept criticism, which is not a good quality for an artist.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

dude, if you think your a great artist and act like that... your not an artist at all!.

artists respect everyones opinion towards your art. if you like it then you like it. if you want peoples opinions and bitch like a baby when they dont like it.... thats ridiculous
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla 2000 wrote:To Godzilla 1995: It's called a REDESIGN! Look it up!

Oh? I could've sworn you said it wasnt a redesign, just a random one you made. In fact...

It's not much of a redesign either, it's just another random Godzilla design, really.

You just contradicted yourself. lol.
PWNED!
Tyler wrote:I know that sounds stupid talking about Godzilla, but he's always had slightly mammalian traits.
Yeah. Especially if we're talking about his face.

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

Did anyone else notice that ridiculous overbite Godzilla has?
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

Oh man, I FINALLY get to have this off my chest...

Anyone who thinks Godzilla shouldn't have a modern therapod stance is a moron stuck in the past. People don't want to see a fatass monster hulking itself around; they clearly want to see a powerful creature that can actually move quickly. A monster that has done this is Deviljho from the Monster Hunter series. He's MASSIVE, and gets even bigger when he gets pissed off. His muscles swell, scars show up all over his body, and he prepares to kick your ass running on maximum adrenaline. Deviljho brings horror that Godzilla can't bring. He will willingly hunt you down and destroy anything in his path. Godzilla is just like "I'MA LUMBER OVER THAR!"

How boring!

So, I decided to cure that shitty part about Godzilla by designing him using Deviljho as a base. Now, I'm sure many of you are going to cry bullshit; "But giving Godzilla a therapod build destroys his entire purpose!" Of course, those people are idiots. Godzilla was first and foremost created based off the dinosaur art from its time. ANYONE who thinks that Godzilla shouldn't adapt to the current times is too busy furiously humping Heisei Godzilla's obese legs.

So here you go, you stuck up Godzilla fans; I give you the best Godzilla redesign out there!

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:So in other words, Godzilla 1998 is actually one of, if not the, best Godzilla designs out there.

:D
Oh, he was going somewhere, but didn't quite get there. Something like Deviljho just perfects it. :D

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

THE GODZILLA wrote:Anyone who thinks Godzilla shouldn't have a modern therapod stance is a moron stuck in the past. People don't want to see a fatass monster hulking itself around; they clearly want to see a powerful creature that can actually move quickly. A monster that has done this is Deviljho from the Monster Hunter series. He's MASSIVE, and gets even bigger when he gets pissed off. His muscles swell, scars show up all over his body, and he prepares to kick your ass running on maximum adrenaline. Deviljho brings horror that Godzilla can't bring. He will willingly hunt you down and destroy anything in his path. Godzilla is just like "I'MA LUMBER OVER THAR!"
We can NEVER be friends. :(
Hellspawn28 wrote:Kong has a look more then just a gaint gorilla. His his just a silver back gorilla and it looks like he just trace it. I mean if you look at the other Kong's, you know it's Kong then a normal gorilla.
Peter Jackson's Kong would like a word with you.

Reptile
GPN Volunteer

Post by Reptile »

THE GODZILLA wrote:Oh man, I FINALLY get to have this off my chest...

Anyone who thinks Godzilla shouldn't have a modern therapod stance is a moron stuck in the past. -snip
Okay, I'll bite.

Before we begin, I feel I really should ask. Are you joking? If so, well played good sir.