ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
mikenes
EDF Instructor

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by mikenes »

pta917 wrote:I also liked it, specially when they seem to have defeated him and he just starts firing wildly at them and I don't understand if One Zero is in the good or bad side?
Yeah, I was scratching my head on that one too. And yes, that part where they think they got him was pretty cool. I really hope that the movie is good and that they either continue with the series, hoping it get much better, or that they start a full fledged series with a new Ultra.

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

I would like to see some of the original Ultras back but as them self's and not Spark Dolls being used, because in Ginga when Taro fought Lugiel with his theme playing it was such a nostalgia ride and I would like to see something like that for the others.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

Spoiler:
I could say the same about you.
I didn't know it was possible to hate a character as much as I hate Nagi.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I just finished Ultraman Leo and I really don't know what to say about it. Parts of it I really liked while other times it was just really generic.

Still a good show overall though.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Gothicserpent wrote:I just finished Ultraman Leo and I really don't know what to say about it. Parts of it I really liked while other times it was just really generic.

Leo's kind of a weird show. The opening arc is good, but then it gets stale and even staler once the training angle is dropped. Then it picks up steam again during all the "gimmick episodes" (Jack's return, Leo vs. the Ultra Bros, etc) and then the Black Star arc being the shot in the arm the show really needed imo.

I'm nearing the end of Mebius. I know a lot of people love this show, but I gotta say, it's not doing much for me. There's a lot of good episodes, world-building and the characters are fun, but the show fluctuates from being really good to being generic. It really doesn't help that I watched Ultraman through Leo before diving into Mebius.

I can see why a lot of people love it, but I just can't hop onto that hype train. I'm hoping the finale's strong at least.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Megalon-5 wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:I just finished Ultraman Leo and I really don't know what to say about it. Parts of it I really liked while other times it was just really generic.

Leo's kind of a weird show. The opening arc is good, but then it gets stale and even staler once the training angle is dropped. Then it picks up steam again during all the "gimmick episodes" (Jack's return, Leo vs. the Ultra Bros, etc) and then the Black Star arc being the shot in the arm the show really needed imo.

I'm nearing the end of Mebius. I know a lot of people love this show, but I gotta say, it's not doing much for me. There's a lot of good episodes, world-building and the characters are fun, but the show fluctuates from being really good to being generic. It really doesn't help that I watched Ultraman through Leo before diving into Mebius.

I can see why a lot of people love it, but I just can't hop onto that hype train. I'm hoping the finale's strong at least.
The three part finale is fantastic. I have my complaints with it, but it's mostly perfect.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ultraman Ginga S: Episode 15 - Up on Tsuburaya's YoutTube page! Don't forget that HD option!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_56Gq3SSBs

[spoiler="Episode Spoilers!]Really digging Victor Lugiel! Maybe it's my love for Arch Belial but man I love it, especially that creepy bending metal roar. The battle between Victor Lugiel, Victory and Ginga was indeed pretty neat. Especially their tag-team strategy and with their focused attacks to try and disable Victor Lugiel. I didn't see Victory's Hyper Zetton Scissor coming at all either, a welcomed addition to Victory's weapon arsenal. So the earth core is composed of Victorium Energy correct, that's what I managed to gathered. Gah, it ended on such a hanger! Eager to see how the series ends and whats up with Lugiel's body returning. Hmmm. [/spoiler]

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

80's effects are top notch so far. I dare say that they rival some of the Showa Godzilla films in terms of realism.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Check out Ginga's new movie poster. Ginga Victory looks freak'n awesome!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ho' shit

ultra-act when

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

UltramanGoji wrote:ho' shit

ultra-act when
never

run home 2 momma :P
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

Gothicserpent wrote:80's effects are top notch so far. I dare say that they rival some of the Showa Godzilla films in terms of realism.
the one i always was really fond of was his fight against baltan seijin

really cool stuff
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Geez, what is it with Showa Ultraman shows and slapping children?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Tiga better kick sone ass in the movie

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Here's a full body picture. He definitely looks like he can kick some serious butt! He looks freak'n awesome!

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Looks like Ginga Victory needs to lay off the snacks ;)

In the final run of Mebius. The episode with Ultraman 80 was by far one of the best and the 4 Heavenly Kings arc is pretty damn good so far. Too bad the show wasn't this awesome through most of it's run, but hell, I'll take it.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Well, I guess this is our answer as to who the villains will be in this next movie...I just hope that whatever screen time they get, that it does them justice, especially the more obscure evil Ultras like Fake Dyna, Dark Mephisto, and Imitation Mebius.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I saw that earlier on Google Images and I want to say its a cleaver photoshop. You can make out some semi-obvious errors, mainly on Belial who has the "keyed out" white fuzz. Zagi's pose I am 90% sure its from the first Ginga Movie in the scence where both are flying towards each other before the beam clash. A piece of me wants to believe Darklops and Belial are back, but I'm not holding my breath entirely.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

So this is a fake you say? Well, if it is, which now after reading what you said and looking at the picture makes me believe that it is, I'm glad. I want to see new enemies. Etarga looks cool and strong, but I want more! :huge:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Could be fake :P Won't know until the movie is out. I too want more Dark Ultra action, but you never know with Tsuburaya. Curve balls yo!