ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Gothicserpent »

God, I feel so bad for Leo and Tooru. As of episode 40, those two have lost everything.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Still making my way through Leo and just watched the Astra episode. Crunchyroll's been loading reeeally slow for me, especially on the advertisements. It's really annoying. : /

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

20th Century Boy wrote:Still making my way through Leo and just watched the Astra episode. Crunchyroll's been loading reeeally slow for me, especially on the advertisements. It's really annoying. : /
Adblocker is quite nice :P
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
20th Century Boy wrote:Still making my way through Leo and just watched the Astra episode. Crunchyroll's been loading reeeally slow for me, especially on the advertisements. It's really annoying. : /
Adblocker is quite nice :P
Hulu makes their pauses even longer if you have adblock, so I assumed other streaming sites are the same. Plus, I think it's kind of unfair to do that for a site that depends on advertisements to give us free shows and for people who pay for premium memberships to get rid of the ads.

Anyways, I hope I can finish Leo soon to get right into 80.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

What's the consensus on 80 anyway? Is it considered good or bad?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Gothicserpent wrote:God, I feel so bad for Leo and Tooru. As of episode 40, those two have lost everything.
I know..holy crap, Commander Black doesn't fuck around.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

The villain in the Ginga S movie looks pretty cool, but to me he looks more like a villain from a sentai show. Ginga Victory looks very colorful, but very cool in my opinion.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Birdman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXKsbrVNuDs
Some event discussing Ultraman Ginga S: 10 Ultra Warriors. Unless you're fluent in Japanese I'd recommend skipping ahead to the trailer at the end of the video where we get our first look at the villain and Ginga Victory.
Aww yeah we got Zero! Ultraman Zero! Son of Seven in the corner there!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Seems our mystery villain had a name- Etaruga.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Gothicserpent wrote:What's the consensus on 80 anyway? Is it considered good or bad?

It's not talked about a lot because a lot people have not seen it even in japan. It and the anime Ultraman gets forgotten since its after Leo and before Tiga. For the few that have seen it, the consensus is that it is a nice light hearted show. Not heavy on story, but the FX are the best of the showa Ultras and the characters are enjoyable. It does not have a lot of interaction with the Ultras previous to the show except I think Seven makes a cameo appearance to give advice and that's it. Its worth watching for sure.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

I've seen the first 20 episodes. The first 12 are really good, but the show gets weaker after the retool. I'm sure it picks up though.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

mikenes wrote:The villain in the Ginga S movie looks pretty cool, but to me he looks more like a villain from a sentai show. Ginga Victory looks very colorful, but very cool in my opinion.
Well Ginga has taken up a more sentai-y feel as opposed to previous series. I'm not really surprised.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I've watched the first six or seven episodes of 80 so far and I can attest that the special effects are the best of the Showa era. The monster designs are great for the most part. To me, all those kids are kind of annoying, but that's the type of show it was meant to be, light hearted. 80's design is my least liked of all the Ultras, but he's a good fighter, I'll give him that. Overall, I am definitely enjoying it. It's a show that I have been wanting to watch for many years now and I finally get the chance with Crunchyroll. I wish that I could download them!!!!!!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I must say, without Dan, Ultraman Leo has improved quite a bit.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Gothicserpent wrote:I must say, without Dan, Ultraman Leo has improved quite a bit.
I agree. I like Dan and all, but after the training angle was dropped, he was kinda pointless. The show REALLY needed the shot in the arm the Black Star arc gave it.

I'm halfway through Ultraman Mebius now. The show's really starting to improve...too bad I'm halfway through it now. The first half fluctuated between being average to being kinda good. Hopefully it'll stay good for the remainder for the show.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Megalon-5 wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:I must say, without Dan, Ultraman Leo has improved quite a bit.
I agree. I like Dan and all, but after the training angle was dropped, he was kinda pointless. The show REALLY needed the shot in the arm the Black Star arc gave it.

I'm halfway through Ultraman Mebius now. The show's really starting to improve...too bad I'm halfway through it now. The first half fluctuated between being average to being kinda good. Hopefully it'll stay good for the remainder for the show.
I actually miss the training angle a bit. I liked the idea of Leo getting stronger through improving himself rather then random power ups.

Also, Dan really never helped with the training. He would just say "Get stronger", walk away, and then return and attack Leo for not doing it correctly even though he gave no instructions. I also don't see how trying to run your student over with a car and hitting him in the face with boomerangs while shouting how pathetic he is is supposed to help.

If you can't already tell, I despise Dan :D
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Gothicserpent wrote:If you can't already tell, I despise Dan
Oh, I dislike him a lot in this show as well, though the episode with Uringa was pretty damn harsh, even for him

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Just finished watching episode #15 of Ginga S. I liked it. Everything, from story to acting, to special effects has improved. I really like the tactics they used to fight this super kaiju. I'm diggi'n it!

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

I also liked it, specially when they seem to have defeated him and he just starts firing wildly at them and I don't understand if One Zero is in the good or bad side?
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I'm looking forward to next week'a episode.

Dark Lugiel AND Victor Lugiel!

The return of Nackle Gray, Icarus, Valky and Zetton Berume!

SO. MANY. RETURNING CHARACTERS!

Jomei will be pissed at the conformation of Hikaru/Misuzi pairing.

He shall miss his waifu.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.