ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Megalon-5 wrote:Man, Ginga S has been really improving over the last couple episodes. I kinda wish it was a full show now, but still, it's good to see Tsuburaya doing something that's having me want more.

I'm almost towards the end of Ultraman Leo, but man, what an odd show. It's not like odd in terms of like Ace or Taro, but just how it flip-flops so often. It can go from incredibly grim to being batshit goofy and weird, to being dark again. Like, there’s so many odd tonal shifts going on and one can tell Tsuburaya was trying EVERYTHING since Leo wasn’t as popular as previous shows. I mean, I’m really enjoying the show, but it’s an odd viewing experience.

Also, Astra is way underutilized as a character. He just shows up, helps Leo, then runs off again. They could've had a Gaia/Agul or Ginga/Victory thing going on, but it's kinda wasted.
Leo was always an odd one to me, from his design to the hilarious way a screams. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I've started going through the first Ultraman series a few weeks ago. It can be goofy at times, but It's interesting.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST YEAR FOR KAIJU FANS!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I had a feeling that 80 would be the next series posted.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Hopefully the get Dyna and Gaia up soon, that would be amazing.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Who is the strongest Ultra monster in the history of Ultraman. I've always wondered who it was and I wanted to find out from the experts.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:Who is the strongest Ultra monster in the history of Ultraman. I've always wondered who it was and I wanted to find out from the experts.
It's not really set in stone, but Zetton's usually considered one of the powerhouses. Other guys like Gatanozoa, Zogu and the movie-only kaiju like Beryudora are very powerful too.

There's also Vacuumon from Return of Ultraman who was so large, he could swallow entire planets!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:Who is the strongest Ultra monster in the history of Ultraman. I've always wondered who it was and I wanted to find out from the experts.
Hyper Zetton & Arch Belial by far.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Speaking of Hyper Zetton, how was this week'a episode of Ginga S?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

80 is on Cruchyroll? Alright! Oh my goodness! Why did this have to wait for so long? I really hope that they put Dyna and Gaia for us to watch as well.

Talking about Ginga S, I saw the newest episode yesterday and I guess I was wrong about the UPG base...it got absorbed. :freak:

The next episode must be the last one of the series, or maybe the next to the last one. I wonder if they will announce another series...

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

There are two episodes left for what I know so I bet that in the next one they will lose to the new monster and in the last one they will defeat him and Chibu.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Fuck yeah Pigmon!

JK :D I would have to say Zetton, Gatazona and Beryoudora.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Any of the EX Monsters are powerhouses. The Zetton collective species are up there, Hyper especially. Zogu, Gataonzoa, Beryoudora and Arch Belial are extreme powerhouses. Showa Tyrant beat down the Ultra Brothers with little effort along with Grand King, who also beat down the Ultra Brothers. I haven't seen the movies but isn't Ukillasaurus Neo and Giga-Chimera also extremely powerful?

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Showa Tyrant beat down the Ultra Brothers with little effort
Slightly OT, but the Tyrant episode of Taro is such a ripoff it's not even funny. For such an iconic monster, the whole episode is pretty terrible.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Yeah, I liked Tyrant, but the episode is not that good in it of itself.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Some event discussing Ultraman Ginga S: 10 Ultra Warriors. Unless you're fluent in Japanese I'd recommend skipping ahead to the trailer at the end of the video where we get our first look at the villain and Ginga Victory.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Well, I finished Leo last night. Gotta say, despite the show having all sorts of problems, I gotta say, it wrapped up pretty good

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

Megalon-5 wrote:Well, I finished Leo last night. Gotta say, despite the show having all sorts of problems, I gotta say, it wrapped up pretty good
whatd you think of bunyo seijin?
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Orgasmatron wrote:whatd you think of bunyo seijin?
Really goofy, but he was one of the better aliens on the show in terms of design, personality and motivation. Plus, the dude managed to get
Spoiler:
Leo killed
. He was neat.