DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by ernesth100 »

I hope he's in the Wonder Woman film like in the animated movie where there were an army of Doomsdays.

He appeared in Live Action once in Smallville. But that fight was really really short.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla The King wrote:I'd take Doomsday if there was a Death of Superman film. You can only give Doomsday justice if you kill Superman. Justice League: The Death of Superman.
Superman didn't die in the comics so they could change it to Superman is beaten, cripple and loses his powers. Movie could be about Superman trying to over come his disability while Batman and the rest of the league deal with Doomsday. I don't know if this would be seen as disrespectful to Christoper Reeves however.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

You know I just realized something. DC has all of their characters rights unlike Marvel who's scattered between Fox, Sony, and Disney.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

From what we have heard so far, Batman v. Superman is going to suck ass. Too many characters, questionable casting, and lackluster/recycled villains = bad movie. And that's to bad because I like DC, much more so than marvel. But if it does succeed, which I hope it does, DC will take off from there. Two justice league movies, one of which is going to have darkseid as a villain. You can't compete with that.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Character so Far

Super-Man
Batman
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Cyborg
Wonder-Woman

Hey, there were alot of characters in Watchmen, who are also DC characters, but everyone loved that movie.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

ernesth100 wrote:Character so Far

Super-Man
Batman
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Cyborg
Wonder-Woman

Hey, there were alot of characters in Watchmen, who are also DC characters, but everyone loved that movie.
Right and we are obviously comparing watchmen characters to DC's biggest superheroes :roll: . The watchmen worked because many of the characters had the same origin/backstory. Batman v. Superman is putting in some of their biggest superheroes, with loads of separate backstory, and jamming it into one movie. Not a good idea. They might as well have done a justice league movie. They have most of the members and a villian, who we've seen already in several other DC films.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:

Super-Man
Batman
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Cyborg
Wonder-Woman

Right and we are obviously comparing watchmen characters to DC's biggest superheroes :roll: . The watchmen worked because many of the characters had the same origin/backstory. Batman v. Superman is putting in some of their biggest superheroes, with loads of separate backstory, and jamming it into one movie. Not a good idea. They might as well have done a justice league movie. They have most of the members and a villian, who we've seen already in several other DC films.
Listen dude, I don't know, you don't know. No one knows until we get a trailer. All we have is a teaser that shows Batman and Superman staring at eachother intensely. Until we get a full synopsis/trailer or something like that we don't know anything except Superman and Batman will be at each others throats and this film for some reason. Zaxk Snyder is a good director all the actors are good actors. Now the best thing we can do is hope both the Actors and Directors use their talents to give us the best movie we can get.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

ernesth100 wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:

Super-Man
Batman
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Cyborg
Wonder-Woman

Listen dude, I don't know, you don't know. No one knows until we get a trailer. All we have is a teaser that shows Batman and Superman staring at eachother intensely. Until we get a full synopsis/trailer or something like that we don't know anything except Superman and Batman will be at each others throats and this film for some reason. Zaxk Snyder is a good director all the actors are good actors. Now the best thing we can do is hope both the Actors and Directors use their talents to give us the best movie we can get.
Which is why, in my original post, spoiler alert, I said from what we've heard so far Batman v. Superman isn't going to be very good.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Which is why, in my original post, spoiler alert, I said from what we've heard so far Batman v. Superman isn't going to be very good.

Are you psychic? Have you already somehow managed to see the film? At least read the script? I'm making a guess that you haven't.

So, until more information regarding the film is released. Just shush.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Castellan Zilla wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... Batman.gif

Are you psychic? Have you already somehow managed to see the film? At least read the script? I'm making a guess that you haven't.

So, until more information regarding the film is released. Just shush.
Yeah you completely ignored the my post. We've gotten quite a bit from batman v superman. We've gotten conformation on several characters to appear on film. We know who the main villain will be.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

But do you know the plot? Read the script? How does the confirmation of certain characters solidify that this is going to be a bad film? Please explain it to me.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Castellan Zilla wrote:But do you know the plot? Read the script? How does the confirmation of certain characters solidify that this is going to be a bad film? Please explain it to me.
It's the sheer amount of characters that has me concerned. You have some of your biggest superheroes, most of which have zero backstory, and you're putting than all in one movie. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
It's the sheer amount of characters that has me concerned. You have some of your biggest superheroes, most of which have zero backstory, and you're putting than all in one movie. Does that sound like a good idea to you?
I don't care one way or the other. It's gonna pull in money regardless. I just find it highly brazen to declare a movie terrible when an official trailer hasn't even been released yet. And even then, trailers are highly deceiving. But, keep your hate boner strong, bro.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Castellan Zilla wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:
I don't care one way or the other. It's gonna pull in money regardless. I just find it highly brazen to declare a movie terrible when an official trailer hasn't even been released yet. And even then, trailers are highly deceiving. But, keep your hate boner strong, bro.
Yeah and pulling in money is what makes these movies so good. I stated in my first post, which of course you ignored, that I wanted this movie to succeed. I stated that from what we've heard, FROM WHAT WE'VE HEARD, this movie is going to be very flawed and provided specific examples. But please, by all means, keep up the ignorance

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Never said that pulling in money is what makes movies 'good'. And what movies aren't flawed? All of them are, but doesn't mean this movie is gonna be terrible because of any of it's yet to be seen flaws. Assumptions bro.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

So now that you seem comfortable with ignoring posts and twisting words around, I'm done debating with you. But I'm curious. No movie is flawless but which movies are very flawed, which was how I categorized this movie, which of course you reworded. The number will be substantially smaller

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Super-Man
Batman
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Cyborg
Wonder-Woman

Watchmen didn't have major superheroes. At most, there was Dr. Manhattan. But there's a tremendous amount of story to tell with the origins of many of these superheroes (plus Lex Luthor if they wanted to do so), and for most of these we have not had it yet with a LA film. Superman has already been done via Man of Steel. Batman already had an origin film not that long ago and audiences are familiar with Batman at this stage. But I'd have liked to have seen a Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and even Aquaman solo film to introduce the superhero and their character. Marvel did that with each of the major Avengers superheroes. That's why The Avengers worked so well. Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man (plus Loki as the main villain) each had complete backstories told in previous films. Guardians of the Galaxy deviated from that as none of them had prior films, but much like Watchmen they were not major superheroes and are more about the group than the individuals, which is different from major Avengers or Justice League members. I wouldn't say it's impossible for them to do it right, but it's not going to be easy and the last thing anyone wants is a mess of a movie with too much going on. But it can be done at the loss of some depth to the characters.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

I dunno. I for one am sick of the origin story movies.

imperious reptilius
Monarch Researcher

Post by imperious reptilius »

Eh, wake me up when we get a Booster Gold, or Blue Beetle movie.
"You don’t like your job, you don’t strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way."
-Homer Simpson

Now the gentle winds, beckons through the leaves~ As autumn colors fall~

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Castellan Zilla wrote:I dunno. I for one am sick of the origin story movies.
Doing an origin movie for the sake of doing an origin movie is, to me, pointless. For example, The Amazing Spider-Man or The Incredible Hulk did not have to be origin stories so much as introduction stories. In both cases, the origin had been covered already earlier in the decade. The folks working on the Spider-Man reboot ended up having a near-remake of Spider-Man due to the retelling of the origin. However, The Incredible Hulk went more the introduction route and kind of fast-forwarded everything rather than wasting time with unnecessary exposition. My point in all of this is that it depends on the character. As I mentioned earlier Batman does not need an origin story because that's been done recently. Wonder Woman, however, is a popular figure though her background is probably not as well known to the masses. That or Cyborg's origins make more sense to me. Even so, it can cover different aspects of an "origin", such as Wonder Woman's origins of becoming a superhero rather than just living and training with her people. If they make another solo Green Lantern movie -and I hope they do- the reboot need not be an origin story because that's now been told in recent times so it'd be a waste.

As a side note, I hope they have more "small time" superheros/heros involved like Green Arrow. IMO it's a missed opportunity to not have Arrow and The Flash series as part of the DCU.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren