DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

mecha-gino
Futurian

DC Cinematic Universe

Post by mecha-gino »

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

.... Follow by a few bumps known as false rumors that people believe, like that no humor policy.

But yeah, I'm totally stoked for this and now we can FINALLY retire all of those stupid and unfunny Wonder Woman movie jokes. SO BRING FORTH THE BLACK WIDOW MOVIE JOKES!!! >:D
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Tohosaurus »

Hard to say (obviously) how it'll turn out, but I thought a lot of Man of Steel for whatever that's worth.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

It's silly to do the Justice League AND THEN give each member sans Superman and Batman their own movie. It's like they copied The Avengers and then realized that they forgot all the setup for it and said, "Eh, we'll just do it after." I mean, I'm happy to see that Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Aquaman are getting movies and all, but them coming after the fact is a bit of a slap to the face. If they're going to use the Marvel model, then they should at least use it right.

Konica
Monarch Researcher

Post by Konica »

I'm a little surprised Captain Marvel Shazam is getting a movie. Not that I'm complaining, he's one of my favorite DC characters.
Desolation MM wrote:Meh. I honestly don't mind the set-up. I'm surprised at a Cyborg movie, however, and not a full Teen Titans film.
Yeah, but he is a Justice League member now. I really hope he shouts BOOYAH, and a little green pigeon shows up.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

...Cyborg is getting a movie. CYBORG is getting a movie. I am managing to be ecstatic and pissed at the same time. Why, DC, could you not have waited a few years to do your stupid reboot? A Teen Titans movie is finally a realistic possibility, and one of their core members has mutated into a fudging Leaguer. WHY?!

Nevertheless, I suppose a "BOOYAH!" is in order. It'll be great to see Cyborg make the big screen in any form. Also, y'know, all the other stuff. Very much looking forward to seeing how Wonder Woman and The Flash turn out.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I'll try to remain optimistic for these but I didn't like Man of Steel, and I've always been kinda disappointed that they're starting their Cinematic Universe with it. And like Hayes said, it's weird that they wanted to do their own Avengers without the setup and then go back and give them their own movies.

I'm happy to see Wonder Woman finally getting that movie, though. But I was way more excited by the Civil War announcement than all these reveals.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Batman vs Superman
Justice League Part One
Justice League Part Two

They're really thinking outside the box with the names...
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

HayesAJones wrote:It's silly to do the Justice League AND THEN give each member sans Superman and Batman their own movie. It's like they copied The Avengers and then realized that they forgot all the setup for it and said, "Eh, we'll just do it after." I mean, I'm happy to see that Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Aquaman are getting movies and all, but them coming after the fact is a bit of a slap to the face. If they're going to use the Marvel model, then they should at least use it right.
X-Men managed to start a series with a team movie twice, so I don't think DC doing it is impossible.

I liked Man Of Steel enough, but WB/DC is going to have to really step up their game with these movies. I'm very interested is seeing what they do here.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

I imagine for justice league, those are working titles but if not, I don't mind it.
Hellspawn28 wrote:The Green Lantern reboot comes out almost a decade later after the original movie. I wonder if people forget about the original movie by then?
most people already have, so there's your answer. I look forward to that as well, provided that we see Hal still be used as the main GL.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Zach Snyder plz leave...

I've never even heard of Suicide Squad and Shazam. And I'm sick of splitting up popular movies into two parts.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

*sees Tom Hardy is in talks for suicide squad*

... It would be hilarious if they cast him as bane but more like the comics bane.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

^That's what I find odd. You'd think that they'd consider someone who wasn't already in a DC film. Not saying he'd be a bad choice, he isn't, but it's still an odd choice.

Man of Steel
Gotengo Officer

Post by Man of Steel »

I love the sound of what they've got in store for the DC Cinematic Universe! It all starts here! I can't wait to see the Justice League finally on the big screen! I really hope that they'll include Martian Manhunter in the film also.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

Damn I'm getting really excited about DC's plan now after they've announced all those films. It's going to be awesome to see the Justice League on the big screen.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

*Sees Will Smith is going to be in Suicide Squad, or is in talks at least*
Well then... He gets the Job, I know that will be successful at least box office wise.
(If he can make after earth a somewhat success, he can make anything a success)

Konica
Monarch Researcher

Post by Konica »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:So we may see a female Robin in Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batma ... 01332852/#
So I guess she's either gonna be Stephanie Brown or Carrie Kelley. I'm okay with that. Female heroes have been really underrepresented. Although, I question why they don't just use Batgirl, Oracle, or one of the other traditionally female heroes.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It is a little odd that they'd go with a female Robin instead of Batgirl, but whatever. I'd just be glad to be seeing a Bat-sidekick at all. I mean, TDKR had cop-Robin, I guess, but he didn't really count. I hope they'll go a more traditional route here.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Unless its something BIG for 2017, I think Marvel will be moving that November release date as it won't be able to compete with justice league.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Tyler wrote:Lex Luthor for Suicide Squad?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124398
Interesting, it would give it spa connection to the movie else that's for sure.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Just put Doomsday in a film.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!