Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by SJM925 »

It's from the Candy Toy division, it's been out for a little while now.

Heartless
G-Force Personnel

Post by Heartless »

Gracias for the mock-ups, Mr. X. Definitely would be great to see some more Mutos, especially some larger and screen-accurate versions.

My main concern is attaining all of the Muto figures. I've got all of them right now save for the gashapon. Any ideas on how to go about purchasing these? I have a connection to use a middleman if need be, but I still don't know where to begin to look.
"Sorrow begets solitude. The only thing you can have faith in is yourself."
自分に嘘つけば
自分を失うよ

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Looking for some input from you guys. Since my 24'' HTT NECA figure cost me waaaaay more than expected I only have the money for either the Japan Exclusive Cup Topper or the Bandai Movie Monsters G2014. They would cost me pretty much the same as of right now (30-35USD-ish).Now I don't know what would make more sense? Do you think either is more likely to get more expensive till the end of August- start of September? Thanks

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

lrmrtrk wrote:Looking for some input from you guys. Since my 24'' HTT NECA figure cost me waaaaay more than expected I only have the money for either the Japan Exclusive Cup Topper or the Bandai Movie Monsters G2014. They would cost me pretty much the same as of right now (30-35USD-ish).Now I don't know what would make more sense? Do you think either is more likely to get more expensive till the end of August- start of September? Thanks
Buy the cup topper and just wait for the BC 2014 figure to hit stores.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

lrmrtrk wrote:Looking for some input from you guys. Since my 24'' HTT NECA figure cost me waaaaay more than expected I only have the money for either the Japan Exclusive Cup Topper or the Bandai Movie Monsters G2014. They would cost me pretty much the same as of right now (30-35USD-ish).Now I don't know what would make more sense? Do you think either is more likely to get more expensive till the end of August- start of September? Thanks
Definitely the topper. Seems to be one of the better G14 items out there. I ended up buying the MUTO without the G14 vinyl just because I don't think its worth it and I feel like there are better things to get at that price (aka the topper :lol: )

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Underworld54 wrote:Buy the cup topper and just wait for the BC 2014 figure to hit stores.
Well yeah, but that only comes out in Sept anyway, right? And that's actually going to be even more expensive for me than the BJ one. I'm planning on getting both, I'm just worried that the BJ one might be harder to get (i.e. more expensive) in around a month than it is now, especially compared to the cup topper.
DoubleDam21 wrote:Definitely the topper. Seems to be one of the better G14 items out there. I ended up buying the MUTO without the G14 vinyl just because I don't think its worth it and I feel like there are better things to get at that price (aka the topper :lol: )
Yeah I agree, I also look forward to the BC Vinyl more than the BJ one, but I definitely am going to get both. For me it's just about figuring out if it makes more sense to buy the topper or the BJ one first.

But I am leaning more towards the topper myself since it seems far nicer to me in detail and design :D

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Mr. X wrote:I have created a complete Godzilla 2014 and M.U.T.O. figure list. Enjoy.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7tzbo6.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7tzbo6.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7tzbos.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7tzbos.jpg

21 Godzillas, 10 MUTOs (6 male, 4 female). Really want to see more MUTOS, like from NECA or SHMA.

Well, I am sorry to report that the MUTO gashapon figures are NOT 3" tall. As a matter of fact, the female MUTO that's supposed to be Godzilla's size is just about as big as the male MUTO in this line. I am so disappointed in this set. They are nicely detailed, but NOT the size they should be. Compared to previous gashapon sets, this set is one of the worst. How do I know this? Because I saw it up close at the Godzilla exhibition in Tokyo. Oh, and they are NOT colored black, they're colored dark brown. I'll post some pictures later.

Here are the pictures I promised. I took these at the Godzilla exhibit and the figures were inside a glass box.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I still like them. Is that a Gashapon reissue set in the background?

Pre-orders for the Bandai America 6-inch Godzilla are popping up, dubbed 'Godzilla Attack Figure' http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... 39560#desc

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

I agree, I'm still planning on getting the set, if I can. HLJ has them listed, I hope I'll be able to preorder them soon. Or maybe they dont take PO at all, they are said to be released in August so it can't be thaaat much longer...

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Scaling issues aside, I do like the set...in fact, I think the set looks more appealing from these photos than in the the promotional materials would suggest.

I might buy a spare set to repaint, since the sculpts might benefit from finer detail work.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Starsteam wrote:I still like them. Is that a Gashapon reissue set in the background?

Pre-orders for the Bandai America 6-inch Godzilla are popping up, dubbed 'Godzilla Attack Figure' http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... 39560#desc
Bah. It will be in B&M stores in N. America. I won't waste my money on shipping costs.

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Starsteam wrote:Pre-orders for the Bandai America 6-inch Godzilla are popping up, dubbed 'Godzilla Attack Figure' http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... 39560#desc
Damn, almost 24USD for shipping? I think I'll wait and try to buy of amazon or ebay once the figure is out...

From the promo pictures the Godzilla figures from the Gashapon set looked to be a brown color. In mikenes pictures they are obviously more screen accurate... but I actually kinda liked the brown. Oh well

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Starsteam wrote:I still like them. Is that a Gashapon reissue set in the background?

Bah. It will be in B&M stores in N. America. I won't waste my money on shipping costs.
I actually think I'm going to have to order this one online :/ Kmart hasn't gotten in any more Godzilla stuff since May and I can't depend on Walmart to ever get this one. I don't really have any options.
I wonder if Otachi pre-orders will be up before this comes out, so I can save on shipping since I'm probably going to pre-order from Entertainment Earth.
lrmrtrk wrote:
Starsteam wrote:Pre-orders for the Bandai America 6-inch Godzilla are popping up, dubbed 'Godzilla Attack Figure' http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... 39560#desc
Damn, almost 24USD for shipping? I think I'll wait and try to buy of amazon or ebay once the figure is out...
Shipping shows up as only $5 for me. And I live on the other side of the country from their warehouse. Odd.

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

Shipping shows up as only $5 for me. And I live on the other side of the country from their warehouse. Odd.
Sorry, maybe should've mentioned that I live in Germany :lol: shipping is what breaks my neck everytime :cry: But we barely get any Godzilla stuff over here so there really isn't any other option, sadly

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

I think I will wait for it to come out at TRU/FYE instead of paying for shipping although I thought I would play it "safe" and do the same thing with the 12' NECA and I still haven't got it :lol:

G-Fan78
Yojimbo

Post by G-Fan78 »

Got my 12"H Goji and I love 90% of it...except some warped plates(that's not new for most here I see) but I truly hate the fact that his index finger is missing a part :shock: ...I mean the figure is near flawless if it wasn't for that and now I truly want to return it but I don't want to risk not getting one anytime soon :cry:

NECA has a really piss poor customer service practice and they don't give you the option of a better fix other then "return it to the store you bought it" or "report the store you bought it in case they didn't want to take it back" :mad:

I want to love him as much as the 6"H version or the Jack's 23" but this is ridiculous and I don't want to buy a second one just so I can switch the hand from one to the other and then return that one to the store with the defective/deform hand(because of the missing part of the claw) I know this is petty but I wish NECA had a better solution to something like this. The store I got it is one that I have done great business and while they will take it back and get a new one I don't know what I will get in the package after seeing the things that have happened to others here and in other forums :freak:

The shame is that none of my friends here In NYC have this guys yet because if they did maybe one might had a truly "DEFECTIVE" 12H Goji I could swap the hand and I wont feel so guilty about swapping the hand that way the whole thing can be sent back. But this guy is so hard to find(have visited TRU in Time Square many times and they fly the minute they are in early in the morning I've been told by the employees) even more then the 6"H one and he(the 6"H) is supposed to be more mainstream then the 12"H(6 per case vs 2 per case) yet you can't find him around and I don't want to wait too long to fix this..its a true sore spot visually for me. :evil:

Anyway great figure just wish I had a better way to fix this issue other then return the whole thing...dont want to get one with great hands but everything else in the fritz :roll: here is hoping for a miracle of some sort -_-

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

DoubleDam21 wrote:I think I will wait for it to come out at TRU/FYE instead of paying for shipping although I thought I would play it "safe" and do the same thing with the 12' NECA and I still haven't got it :lol:
No worries. It's a Bandai America vinyl, & the 'assortment' is it ALONE. I don't foresee it being hard to find. Besides the movie is hitting DVD in Sep, so it could show up in places like Target, K-Mart, & even Wal-Mart...

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

MandaSaurus wrote:
DoubleDam21 wrote:I think I will wait for it to come out at TRU/FYE instead of paying for shipping although I thought I would play it "safe" and do the same thing with the 12' NECA and I still haven't got it :lol:
No worries. It's a Bandai America vinyl, & the 'assortment' is it ALONE. I don't foresee it being hard to find. Besides the movie is hitting DVD in Sep, so it could show up in places like Target, K-Mart, & even Wal-Mart...
I hope I'm going to be able to find a good deal for the figure on ebay or amazon once it's out. How good are my chances you think? I live in Germany so shipping will of course be kinda high but... are we thinking people might try to sell it for horrendous prices and my best bet would be pre-ordering from somehwere? I'm really looking forward to getting it because I really like the design but I'd rather not spend 30€+ on it :/

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Does Bandai sell toys in Germany? Is there a Bandai Europe division?

lrmrtrk
Samurai

Post by lrmrtrk »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Does Bandai sell toys in Germany? Is there a Bandai Europe division?
Bandai does sell toys in Germany (I think so at least? Pretty sure though) but we didn't even get the Kiddie Toys (Pack of Destruction etc.) over here so... :/ They weren't listed in the TRU Germany Online Shop either, so it wasn't just my store. And googling the matter didn't get me very far either. Ebay/ Amazon or some other site to preorder from are my only chances. The shipping prices always make me cry though :freak: (Paid more on shipping than on the actual 12" tall NECA figure :roll: )