Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

The Godzilla King wrote:Actually that's the Xbox version of the game. The Vortaak Homeworld is exclusive to the Xbox, and Kiryu is also in the Xbox version.
Right on! It's also possible to play it on the 360 if you get an internal hard drive.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
The Godzilla King wrote:Actually that's the Xbox version of the game. The Vortaak Homeworld is exclusive to the Xbox, and Kiryu is also in the Xbox version.
Right on! It's also possible to play it on the 360 if you get an internal hard drive.
I play it on my Xbox 360 all the time, I lost one of the cables to my Xbox.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

My least favorite out of the 3 (If you don't count GU for PS2), but I still love it! I love the cheats especially, like the one where you can throw ANY building. I love picking up a huge building and throwing it at the opponent.
AKA Jamie.

70s_Goji
GPN Volunteer

Post by 70s_Goji »

I recently found this (disc only) at a GoodWill for $1. I really need to give it a go, but that would involve digging out a GC, finding some wires, hooking it up, etc..ehhh. :P

Is there any depth to the game, or is it essentially a smash-and-bash fest?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

70s_Goji wrote:I recently found this (disc only) at a GoodWill for $1. I really need to give it a go, but that would involve digging out a GC, finding some wires, hooking it up, etc..ehhh. :P

The game is extremely fun while it may not have a lot of depth the game gives you a lot of enjoyment and a lot of replayability also here is a lets play series of the xbox version which is only different in the addition of MechaGodzilla 3 and upgraded graphics and a new level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqkr25Q ... Kg7jNzFwOQ
Godzilla

70s_Goji
GPN Volunteer

Post by 70s_Goji »

g2vd wrote:
70s_Goji wrote:I recently found this (disc only) at a GoodWill for $1. I really need to give it a go, but that would involve digging out a GC, finding some wires, hooking it up, etc..ehhh. :P

The game is extremely fun while it may not have a lot of depth the game gives you a lot of enjoyment and a lot of replayability also here is a lets play series of the xbox version which is only different in the addition of MechaGodzilla 3 and upgraded graphics and a new level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqkr25Q ... Kg7jNzFwOQ
Cool, thanks!

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

This was my first Godzilla game. I got it and a Gamecube for Christmas when it came out. Sadly we didn't know that the better console Xbox would also get it a few months later. Oh well.......

I always enjoyed this game as a kid. Mechagodzilla was my favorite character.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

I've been watching a playlist of this game being played on hard. Has the game seriously been this easy on hard difficulty?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -SOoA6qKRJ
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

One of the best things about this game was how simple the play is. Moves are easy to learn and remember because there aren't too many per monster which feels correct, the jumping and movement is basic giving you hopping and running options to move around the stages easily, the ranged attacks were cool and gave you a light or heavy attack based on button duration and as others have said, the impacts and overall feel of the game felt right for the subject matter. I would most definitely pay for an upgraded version with an expanded roster like Godzilla Unleashed.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

... so can the X-Box version be played on an X-Box 360 without any hacks or modifications?

What about the "Save the Earth" game?

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

subatomic_Matt wrote: ... so can the X-Box version be played on an X-Box 360 without any hacks or modifications?

I know Destroy All Monsters Melee can be played on the Xbox 360. I'm sure STE would work as well.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

Thanks!

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Anyone know how to play custom music in-game?
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

subatomic_Matt wrote: ... so can the Xbox version be played on an Xbox 360 without any hacks or modifications?

Both will play, but on occasion will have a bit of slow-down. It's not that bad, though, so you shouldn't have a problem.
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

I found a glitch when you win.
Right before it plays the victory animation, jump, and the animation wont play. Instead, the camera angle stays the same and the full victory song plays.

Also, does anyone know how the gallery works? Is there a way to unlock the pictures, or is it something they never finished and left in the game?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
Also, does anyone know how the gallery works? Is there a way to unlock the pictures, or is it something they never finished and left in the game?
From the main site:
Atari Pickup
Collect Atari logo pickups to unlock Gallery pictures. These pickups can only be found in specific buildings and can be quite difficult to find. For every pickup you collect, one Gallery image is revealed.

Note: Atari pickups are available in Adventure Mode and Survival Mode, and appear only when the Difficulty option is set to Medium or Hard. Only one Atari logo pickup appears per match, but not always consecutively.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

UltramanGoji wrote:
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
From the main site:
Atari Pickup
Collect Atari logo pickups to unlock Gallery pictures. These pickups can only be found in specific buildings and can be quite difficult to find. For every pickup you collect, one Gallery image is revealed.

Note: Atari pickups are available in Adventure Mode and Survival Mode, and appear only when the Difficulty option is set to Medium or Hard. Only one Atari logo pickup appears per match, but not always consecutively.
After 12 years I never even realized there was difficulty options...
:oops:

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote: Also, does anyone know how the gallery works? Is there a way to unlock the pictures, or is it something they never finished and left in the game?
The best way to get the symbols is to input the cheat code to allow your character to always be in rage mode.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote: Also, does anyone know how the gallery works? Is there a way to unlock the pictures, or is it something they never finished and left in the game?
The best way to get the symbols is to input the cheat code to allow your character to always be in rage mode.
My game crashes whenever I put in any kind of cheat, when I play as MechaGodzilla, and when I play on monster island. I've got my game AND my gamecube when they came out (2002), and the game just refuses to work properly on a wii.

Basically, I'll probably never see the gallery pics.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

The one thing this game has over the rest are the post battle replays. There are alot of benefits to the feature however it was the only game to include it. I remember many epic finishers and with the replay showing different angles of the final moments of the battle it made it more rewarding. I dont understand why they didnt keep this feature in the remainder of the series? Also I didnt like how they interupted the victory poses with stupid point displays in GSTE and Unleashed.