Final Wars: Why The Hate?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: Final Wars: Why The Hate?

Post by Space Hunter M »

People have no concept of taste until they've seen a Sompote Sands movie.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Only a child can have taste this bad.

Final Wars is a terrible movie. I don't like Mothra vs Godzilla, but it's by far the better film.

Of course, Megalon is the clear winner here. Trumps both.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

UltramanGoji wrote:Only a child can have taste this bad.
But aren't most Godzilla fans man children anyway?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Space Hunter M wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Only a child can have taste this bad.
But aren't most Godzilla fans man children anyway?
That's a metaphorical child. Totally different thing.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

More human action than godzilla action.
They should had call it "ozaki:final wars" rather than "godzilla:final wars".
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

I'm 14.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

FalconZ wrote:Alright. Thanks for the advice bro. No I just didn't like the movie. It mad Godzilla look weak and ruined his image.
Made Godzilla look weak and ruined his image? Have you seen any other Showa film? Most of those suits are really bad (save for the original)... Mothra vs. Godzilla is one of the most beloved movies of the entire franchise, not just by us here on the forums, but everywhere. And if you take a look at the "Top 5 Godzilla suits thread", MANY people like the MvG suit. Most people who know Showa Godzilla know of either the original or the MvG suit and it is one of the most recognized suits by everyone.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I like FW for its innovation with the monsters and effects. Anguirus for example with his roll attack, that was well done for rubber suit and cgi collab. Loved the story behind Gigan too, a bit shallow but so much potential for its own movie. And Godzilla beating down Monster X was a motivating experience :D And the return of the leader of Planet X and other Showa references were a joy. Thats right, a JOY like little miss Muffet who sat on her tuffet begging for a glass of wine.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

FalconZ wrote:I'm 14.
/thread
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

A Cybernetic Possum
GPN Volunteer

Post by A Cybernetic Possum »

Missingno. wrote:
FalconZ wrote:Alright. Thanks for the advice bro. No I just didn't like the movie. It mad Godzilla look weak and ruined his image.
Made Godzilla look weak and ruined his image? Have you seen any other Showa film? Most of those suits are really bad (save for the original)... Mothra vs. Godzilla is one of the most beloved movies of the entire franchise, not just by us here on the forums, but everywhere. And if you take a look at the "Top 5 Godzilla suits thread", MANY people like the MvG suit. Most people who know Showa Godzilla know of either the original or the MvG suit and it is one of the most recognized suits by everyone.
Who said anything about the suit, though?

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

A Cybernetic Possum wrote:
Missingno. wrote:
Who said anything about the suit, though?
Exactly. I was talking about his power. Godzilla shouldn't be losing to a mere giant Moth.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

Goddamnit, not this argument again. >_>

Mothra's not "just" a moth, though; she's clearly worshiped by an entire culture, she's only lost to Godzilla a grand total of once (and that was against a Godzilla that had the most explosively potent beam of pretty much most Godzilla incarnations), and she has divine powers in most non-Showa incarnations. That, and she's generally faster than Godzilla is.

Besides, Godzilla wasn't even in prime shape when he fought the two Mothra larvae, anyways; he'd gone through a tsunami, been totally burried in sand, had to deal with the military, fought Mothra (who could fly and was faster than him) and even after he did all of that, he still had to fight the two larvae, and deal with the fact that they were assaulting him with silk from the high ground and generally being a pain. I don't care if you're Godzilla or a human, dealing with that much crap pretty much one after another kills the energy supplies from physical excertion alone; hell, I'm surprised Godzilla didn't flat-out faint from all of that physical excertion. :/
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

But you (FalconZ) need to remember that he was the villain in this film and Mothra was depicted as an underdog and the hero of the movie. Personally, I think the argument that Godzilla shouldn't lose to a moth/caterpillar is unbelievably juvenile. The larvae proved to be smarter and more strategic than Godzilla. And, since Godzilla was the bad guy, he needed to be defeated. I mean seriously, how the f@ck would you like this movie to end?

I just watched Mothra vs Godzilla again last night. I'm sorry, this is easily Toho's best Godzilla film. Almost everything works about it. The more I see people trash it because "ermegerd Godzilla was beaten by caterpillars" the more I fear for the future of this fandom.

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

Why can't the villains ever win...
Lain Of The Wired wrote:

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

FalconZ wrote:
A Cybernetic Possum wrote:Who said anything about the suit, though?
Exactly. I was talking about his power. Godzilla shouldn't be losing to a mere giant Moth.
Legion1979 wrote:But you (FalconZ) need to remember that he was the villain in this film and Mothra was depicted as an underdog and the hero of the movie. Personally, I think the argument that Godzilla shouldn't lose to a moth/caterpillar is unbelievably juvenile. The larvae proved to be smarter and more strategic than Godzilla. And, since Godzilla was the bad guy, he needed to be defeated. I mean seriously, how the f@ck would you like this movie to end?

I just watched Mothra vs Godzilla again last night. I'm sorry, this is easily Toho's best Godzilla film. Almost everything works about it. The more I see people trash it because "ermegerd Godzilla was beaten by caterpillars" the more I fear for the future of this fandom.
Well, I had no idea we were talking about how Godzilla losing to two caterpillars is how his image was supposedly ruined, and not the suit. And I completely agree with Leigion on this. Godzilla was still the villain at this point in the timeline and had to lose. And how would you guys want it to end? Godzilla kills both of the Mothra larvae and then gets killed by the military from being electrocuted to death by the Artificial Lightning Generators? No because then people would then be making an even bigger shit about this film then they do already... The film is what it is, and I see no problems with it from start to finish and I myself and many other people say it is one of the best of the entire franchise.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

FalconZ wrote:Why can't the villains ever win...

Se7en? Saw? Silence of the Lambs? No Country for Old Men? Rosemary's Baby? The Empire Strikes Back?

But like you said, you're 14. I doubt you've seen any of these movies.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:OK, if this is going to become about age, I think we need to let this die. Come on, we don't need to be age-ists here.
1995 is right. "You're young!" is not a valid argument. Neither is "You're old!"
Yes, FalconZ likes Final Wars, others do not. But instead of offering valid points, both sides have devolved into what is in essence an argument on the playground, with shouts of "You're wrong!" and "You're dumb!"
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:I meant we should move on, too. ;)
Yes, sorry. I wholeheartedly agree.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

Legion1979 wrote:The more I see people trash it because "ermegerd Godzilla was beaten by caterpillars" the more I fear for the future of this fandom.
I agree that people bashing it because he lost to Mothra's children after a long fight is pretty dumb, but I don't think it's going to ruin the fandom entirely.
Just stay here. We're not idiots, right?
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

The sad part about all of this is that I specifically warned him not to say that. Despite my best efforts things transpired just as I had foreseen them...now I know what it feels like to be in a Greek myth.