The Roster for the Regular Section

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: The Roster for the Regular Section

Postby Kubo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't it be more practical to have a list of people who aren't in the regular section? I mean, it'd cut back on all these dilemmas about long-time members being transferred to that section when they most definitely shouldn't be.

Just a thought.
Your friendly neighborhood tailor (definitely not a spy)
Next Episode Airs August 4th @ 10:00 pm EST in the Fan Fiction Forum
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
New Episode Every Saturday!
Thread

Twitter: @Dead_Ed_Lemmik
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Kubo wrote:Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't it be more practical to have a list of people who aren't in the regular section? I mean, it'd cut back on all these dilemmas about long-time members being transferred to that section when they most definitely shouldn't be.

Just a thought.

I just find it easier if I just listed the roster for this section instead of the beginners section.

Yes, I know I made mistakes and like I said before I know that I'll make mistakes in the roster. Why do you think I said voice your opinions and complaints. I am currently working on bringing back a few others.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

"Stop being a skreeonk and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Godzilla 1995 wrote:After all the backlash of the vote failing, I started discussing with the rest of the staff about what we could implement to make this place function and develop skills. Once the idea for the new sub-section got approved, ta-da.

Maybe on paper it seems like a good idea, but implementation so far has been met with it's share of backlash too. As much as I like the idea of a workshop where more experienced writers aid the less experienced, I don't know if it will be as good as we think. Maybe I'm in the minority with this opinion. I don't know.

I'm going to give this a week or two before I voice my opinion again, because these are only my initial observations and it's only been a day.
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
Thread

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Hardest things about a workshop is many people have their own styles and will probably teach that someone there style instead of encouraging them to develop their own. That's really the only thing that I could see that could be a problem.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:25 pm

I do appreciate everything the mods have done and I don't see why people are bitching. It's a great compromise for both sides to be happy. I think it's perfect.

Also, 21 pages out of the 47 pages of threads have been moved so the moving is over.... for now.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

three
Keizer

Postby three » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:53 pm

GodzillavsJason wrote:I do appreciate everything the mods have done and I don't see why people are bitching. It's a great compromise for both sides to be happy. I think it's perfect.

i find it to be a decent system, but lets not assume Kubo here is just jumping on people. he's willing to wait and see. so far, he's on the fence. i'm so so myself, but for the most part only little kinks like having primevalgodzillav2 and mm in the beginners section are a problem.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!

Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm

three wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:I do appreciate everything the mods have done and I don't see why people are bitching. It's a great compromise for both sides to be happy. I think it's perfect.

i find it to be a decent system, but lets not assume Kubo here is just jumping on people. he's willing to wait and see. so far, he's on the fence. i'm so so myself, but for the most part only little kinks like having primevalgodzillav2 and mm in the beginners section are a problem.

I have already fixed those problems.
52 wins and 27 loses

three
Keizer

Postby three » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:50 pm

GodzillavsJason wrote:
three wrote:

I have already fixed those problems.

sorry. i was late to that party, my friend. :lol:

i just think we should hear him out and not take any offense yet. it's a new system, ya know? it's the duty of the 9th man to disagree if the other 8 are all in agreement, after all...
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!

Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:44 pm

WAIT? WHERE'S MY NAME? I'VE BEEN POSTING SINCE 2013! I HAVE LIKE 11 STORIES!
*GRABS GVJ BY THE COLLAR*

YOU CAN'T DO THIS MAN! YOU CAN'T WE KNOW EACH OTHER TOO WELL!

EDIT: ALSO DOES THE FANFICTION BOX OFFICE COUNT AS A GOOD IDEA? BECAUSE THAT WAS POSITIVELY RECIEVED BY EVERYONE. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK.
Every fan fic I've made so far http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p624848
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDz...9FTHC6A/videos
I want Kong v Godzilla To Be like BvS but...y'know, better critically received. With Mothra filling the role of Wonder Woman and Ghidorah filling the role of Doomsday. Here's to hoping. :D

Calling It Now, GvKK, King Kong won't be an inch under 250 ft.

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Whoa, bro. Easy up on the caps.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Yeah. Kinda forgot to turn the caps off. :oops:

Seriously though if anyhting I've improved...alot.
Every fan fic I've made so far http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p624848
I want Kong v Godzilla To Be like BvS but...y'know, better critically received. With Mothra filling the role of Wonder Woman and Ghidorah filling the role of Doomsday. Here's to hoping. :D

Gojira21
EDF Soldier

Postby Gojira21 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 pm

It happens, man.

Well I do agree that you have improved, but the roster is not up to me. You have too talk to GvJ.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

From my own personal viewpoint, Ernest, if you aren't on the roster, it shouldn't take much more improvement to get up to this section. You've done a lot of improving and proven that you are dedicated to the craft. I'll help you where I can and hopefully you'll be on your way. :)
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
Thread

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:25 am

Ernesth, I'm looking over the situation and if you're in then awesome. If not then you'll get in here faster than the others.
52 wins and 27 loses

MysticalDL
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MysticalDL » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 am

From a readers perspective, I think Ernesth should be on the list, I enjoy reading his stories & definitely believe he is beyond beginners level.

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:48 am

GodzillavsJason wrote:Ernesth, I'm looking over the situation and if you're in then awesome. If not then you'll get in here faster than the others.

I'm in. Did I get here fast enough?
Wait...am I misinterpreting what you said?

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:58 am

ernesth100 wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:Ernesth, I'm looking over the situation and if you're in then awesome. If not then you'll get in here faster than the others.

I'm in. Did I get here fast enough?
Wait...am I misinterpreting what you said?

I'm looking over the situation. You have improved and people are thinking you deserve a spot in here. I'll just go with the fact that you will be allowed in, but could still use some improvement.

In short you're in but you should still try to seek out some improvement.

I will move your files back to the main section when I can.
52 wins and 27 loses

ernesth100
EDF Soldier

Postby ernesth100 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Alright then, Cool. Thanks GvJ.

I'll try my best to improve also :).

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Congrats Ernest

Anywho, just wanna say i like the new system. Its a good way to organize the noobs and veterans. As far as the roster goes, it will be effective so long as we have active mods here to update it constantly.

Also, just thought of a funny situation, would it be possible to be kicked out of the veteran section? That would be depressing.
Resized Image

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Beef Bigshot wrote:Congrats Ernest

Anywho, just wanna say i like the new system. Its a good way to organize the noobs and veterans. As far as the roster goes, it will be effective so long as we have active mods here to update it constantly.

Also, just thought of a funny situation, would it be possible to be kicked out of the veteran section? That would be depressing.

Depends. It would just have to be something really bad, but I doubt such things will happen so I don't think we have anything to worry about.
52 wins and 27 loses

Return to “Fan Fiction”