Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Do's and Don'ts: Godzilla Fighting Games

Post by Zilla103192 »

I put in for a classic 2d fighter. Can't beat them.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Don'ts:
Keep Simon Strange and Pipeworks as far away from the game as possible.
Motion controls that don't work.
Original monsters that look like they came from Rampage.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

Roster doesn't need all the monsters from Unleashed. There could be multiple skins/costumes for each character. For example, Godzilla 90s could have a base costume of Godzilla 1994 or something, with Burning Godzilla and Bio/BatoGoji as unlockable costumes.

Example
Godzilla 90s (Unlockable Skins: Burning Godzilla, Return of Godzilla, BatoGoji)
Godzilla 2000 (Unlockable Skins: Godzilla 2003, Final Wars)
King Ghidorah (Heisei) (Unlockable Skin: Showa)
Gigan (Showa) (Unlockable Skin: Final Wars)
Mothra (Heisei) (Unlockable Skins: Showa, Final Wars)
Anguirus (Showa)
Orga
Spacegodzilla
Megalon
Kiryu
Mechagodzilla II
Jet Jaguar
Baragon (GMK)
Rodan (Heisei)
Destoroyah
Megaguirus
Mecha-King Ghidorah
King Caesar

There shouldn't really be clones of characters. Make Godzilla 2000, Godzilla 90s different, for example. Kind of like how King Ghidorah and Mecha-King Ghidorah have different strengths/weaknesses and abilities.

Maybe enhance the fighting system a little bit, so you can perform combos and juggle opponents. Make it feel authentic, but not extremely slow (you could have fatigue like what they're apparently going to put in WWE 2K15). Environmental stuff would be cool; if you were on Kong's island for example, maybe you could throw the giant octopus at your enemy/use it as a weapon.

A story mode ala Mortal Kombat 9 would be cool, as would an arcade mode with individualized endings.

DLC for extra characters/skins that don't feel necessary.

Example
Showa Pack: Varan, Mechagodzilla, Baragon Showa Skin, Titanosaurus, Godzilla 1954, Hedorah
Heisei Pack: Biollante, Battra, Moguera
Millenium Skins Pack: GMK Godzilla Skin (for Godzilla 90s), GMK skin for Mothra, GMK skin for King Ghidorah, Final Wars Skins for Anguirus, Rodan, King Caesar
Millennium Character Pack: Monster X, Keizer Ghidorah, Godzilla 2014, MUTO
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

MDK wrote:Don'ts:
I put your quote in the list, only with slight edits so it's quite understandable
as well as an insert of my own sarcastic opinion.
I can undo this change if you like, but it's quite minor.

As for Undertaker Goji, I've been told that Toho doesn't quite believe in "alternate costumes". So really skin packs wouldn't flow well with Toho. That's why I stated each "skin" needs to be an altered character.
Also, DLC isn't quite wise. Why plan DLC for the game WHILE you're making the game? DLC is there to expand the experience, not to have something locked away in the game until you pay more money.
It just ticks me off when game developers decide to add in DLC for no reason other than to keep something locked off in the game so they can rake in cash from people who want this "new addition" to the game. It happens all the time, and I would rather it stay out of Godzilla games everywhere.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
MDK wrote:Don'ts:
I put your quote in the list, only with slight edits so it's quite understandable
as well as an insert of my own sarcastic opinion.
I can undo this change if you like, but it's quite minor.

As for Undertaker Goji, I've been told that Toho doesn't quite believe in "alternate costumes". So really skin packs wouldn't flow well with Toho. That's why I stated each "skin" needs to be an altered character.
Also, DLC isn't quite wise. Why plan DLC for the game WHILE you're making the game? DLC is there to expand the experience, not to have something locked away in the game until you pay more money.
It just ticks me off when game developers decide to add in DLC for no reason other than to keep something locked off in the game so they can rake in cash from people who want this "new addition" to the game. It happens all the time, and I would rather it stay out of Godzilla games everywhere.
Eh, the DLC doesn't have to be paid for DLC. Tekken Tag 2 had free character DLC, for example. The only things you paid for were unnecessary stuff like trailers.
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: -Ridiculously long button+direction combos for just one move like Soul Calibur, Injustice, and Mortal Kombat (feel the A+up/down/left/right mechanics work better for everyone)
You seem to have forgotten that Kaijuu Daikessen also had ridiculously terribad controls. You have to do a full circle and then use Heavy Attack .1 seconds, if you didn't, you monster would freak out and you would eventually die.

Same thing goes for Battle Legends, although that game wasn't as bad as Kaijuu Daikessen. Guys, we don't need ridiculous button combos. A+Direction would be SO much better for special attacks. It's why I liked the Budokai Dragon Ball Z fighting games so much.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

if you didn't, you monster would freak out and you would eventually die.
?

I dont recall ever failing a combo and having my monster have a seizure and then dying

Also, whenever I failed to pull off a combo, the move spam my monster would do would end up being more effective than the actual attack, so i dont know where your coming from from this.

wait as sec, werent you the one who lost to king ghidorah in super godzilla...
Resized Image

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Beef Bigshot wrote:
?

I dont recall ever failing a combo and having my monster have a seizure and then dying

Also, whenever I failed to pull off a combo, the move spam my monster would do would end up being more effective than the actual attack, so i dont know where your coming from from this.

That's odd. It always happened to me. It happened more often when I was playing as MechaGodzilla in Kaijuu Daikessen and tried to use his Wrath attack. Whenever I died, I would either put it into too fast which caused a normal heavy attack to be used or Shield to be used, or I would just put it in too slowly which causes MechaGodzilla to jump around like a bunny.
The worst part is that most of the time when the Wrath attack DID work, he would fire it straight at the ground, making a move that was supposed to be awesome, totally ruined.

Yes, I was. I failed so hard that I cheated for invincibility. After a bit, I decided to do it again and win legitimately. I died eight times in a row before winning.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I do physically own KD and I can back up that Kaijuu Daikassen had some wonky controls at times mine. Let it be the controller or a small window, sometimes it didn't just pull off correctly. (Looking at you MG's!). Their Special Moves can be an absolute pain at times to pull off. No matter how well you can input the commands, it just won't work sometimes :/

As Bulldog pointed out, Direction + Button combo's are easier to pull off. Another example would be the later DBZ Budokai games, where you could -> + Punch to do a special attack or optionally chain x3 Punches then a forward punch and execute the same attack.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:
?

That's odd. It always happened to me. It happened more often when I was playing as MechaGodzilla in Kaijuu Daikessen and tried to use his Wrath attack. Whenever I died, I would either put it into too fast which caused a normal heavy attack to be used or Shield to be used, or I would just put it in too slowly which causes MechaGodzilla to jump around like a bunny.
The worst part is that most of the time when the Wrath attack DID work, he would fire it straight at the ground, making a move that was supposed to be awesome, totally ruined.

Yes, I was. I failed so hard that I cheated for invincibility. After a bit, I decided to do it again and win legitimately. I died eight times in a row before winning.
Well bro, you must be bad, thats all i got to say...sorry :?

Hmm, not beating Ghidorah was a problem i had when i was 5. You are really bad at video games my friend
Resized Image

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

I vote for another 2D fighter.

Do's
-Be Faithful To The Source Material.
Don't give or make them anything they never had. Keep their roars, actions, & powers the same way they were like in the movies.

-A Roster of 20-25 Characters.
Have it decently sized, but not too much so they can work on balancing & other things.

-Balance Every Character.
Make no one better than anyone.

-Bring Back Old Locations
When was the last time we had Planet X, World's Children Land, & the Philippine Trench in a game?

-Have Different Incarnations of Others Character Don't Equal Clones.
For example King Ghidorah & Mecha King Ghidorah. Have them play differently.
They can share a couple animations & attacks, but change their stats, playstyles, most of their moves to keep them different.

-Remix Tracks From Old Movies & Games.

-Down Loadable Content.
Work on finishing the game. Then make extra content AFTER the game comes out to make the game feel fresh.
Like gameplay fixes, balancing, new characters, arenas, modes, skins, etc.....
Basically, do DLC right.

DON'TS

-Data Locked Content.
Don't have content like characters or stages be locked & make you pay to unlock it.

That's all I have now.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

MrGameguycolor wrote:
Do's
-Be Faithful To The Source Material.
Don't give or make them anything they never had. Keep their roars, actions, & powers the same way they were like in the movies.
This this this this this.
Godzilla is known that he CANNOT breathe fire, yet in the Simon Strange/Pipeworks games he can?!
Just give him his good ol' Atomic Fire from Battle Legends. That was a real move Godzilla used, and it would work.
MrGameguycolor wrote: -A Roster of 20-25 Characters.
Have it decently sized, but not too much so they can work on balancing & other things.
Seriously, you don't gotta have every Toho character in the history of Toho characters. Add in the ones we love, and then balance them.
MrGameguycolor wrote: -Balance Every Character.
Make no one better than anyone.
Well, this is where I must draw the line. Do you mean every character has it's advantages but it also has it's disadvantages, or just have every character deal the same damage no matter what?
Also, every fighting game must have it's super-overpowered dream-crushing final boss. It's becoming tradition now. Battle Legends had it, and the final boss in Battle Legends had this one move where he literally look away 45% of your HP in a single attack. Not only that, he was incredibly fast, agile, had a double jump and forced you to bunnyhop around so you didn't get caught by his grab attack.
MrGameguycolor wrote: -Bring Back Old Locations
When was the last time we had Planet X, World's Children Land, & the Philippine Trench in a game?
Battle Legends...
but seriously, bring those places back.
MrGameguycolor wrote: -Have Different Incarnations of Others Character Don't Equal Clones.
For example King Ghidorah & Mecha King Ghidorah. Have them play differently.
They can share a couple animations & attacks, but change their stats, playstyles, most of their moves to keep them different.
You're on a roll here!
MrGameguycolor wrote: -Remix Tracks From Old Movies & Games.
Ehh...
Seeing how Daikaiju Battle Royale did with those tracks, this isn't something I'd want to see.
Maybe "remix" by make them more upbeat, louder, and sound great when it loops.
Some tracks like the Godzilla Theme from Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and Tokyo S.O.S won't even need this. They already get you in the mood to beat people up.
Other themes like the Gojira theme have already been done incredibly well. They take the part where the music speeds up, turn it into a battle theme and it's awesome.
You can listen to that here.
MrGameguycolor wrote: -Down Loadable Content.
Work on finishing the game. Then make extra content AFTER the game comes out to make the game feel fresh.
Like gameplay fixes, balancing, new characters, arenas, modes, skins, etc.....
Basically, do DLC right.
Yeah, that would be awesome.
Let's just hope Capcom doesn't make this game.
MrGameguycolor wrote: -Data Locked Content.
Don't have content like characters or stages be locked & make you pay to unlock it.

That's all I have now.
Seriously, let's hope Capcom doesn't make this game.

Those were my responses to what you said. I'm gonna put your "Do's and Don'ts" in the original post now.
Thank you!

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

As I've only played two console (SE and GU for PS2) Daikaiju battle royale, I don't have much experience with others, but I'm going to put some things down that I'd like and wouldn't.

Do
- have a well rounded roster, and one that is balanced. I'd like to get a chance to fight as Varan, King Casear, and Titanosaurus personally, and there is definitely some that could be added easily.
- have more of a story: The ones that I've played have been mostly 'go here and fight this monster.' Save the Earth had some fun challenges, but I want a story. I want city destruction, military crushings, fighting alien invader ships, etc. Things that make the gameplay more interesting
- make the human NPC's interesting. I'm looking at GU for this one, as it had the most bland humans I have ever seen in the genre. If you're going to have them, make them interesting

Don't
- The same bad guy. I've noticed that there is a tendency to go and make either MechaGodzilla, MechaKingGhidorah, or SpaceGodzilla as the main baddy. For some new variety, maybe make each little arc have a different boss creature. Aliens have to go and fight Biollante as the last boss, mechs must take down Destroyah with the assistance of a previously thought threat, more natural kaiju going against the aliens in a Destroy All Monstera scenario, more rougeish kaiju fighting one or more of the Earth Defense Mechs and machines

-simple reskins: If you're going to have more than one of a monster, make them unique. Like have 54 Godzilla have a more fire looking breath as it did in film, have 2014 goji's tail and spines light up before firing, different abilities for the Gigans, etc. Bland copies get boring after time.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I'd like to get a chance to fight as Varan, King Casear, and Titanosaurus
Uh.... You do know that the Wii version of Unleashed you can play as them right?
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Should we make a roster of the monsters for this ideal Godzilla fighting game?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

DinoMaster wrote:As I've only played two console (SE and GU for PS2) Daikaiju battle royale, I don't have much experience with others, but I'm going to put some things down that I'd like and wouldn't.

Do
- have a well rounded roster, and one that is balanced. I'd like to get a chance to fight as Varan, King Casear, and Titanosaurus personally, and there is definitely some that could be added easily.
- have more of a story: The ones that I've played have been mostly 'go here and fight this monster.' Save the Earth had some fun challenges, but I want a story. I want city destruction, military crushings, fighting alien invader ships, etc. Things that make the gameplay more interesting
- make the human NPC's interesting. I'm looking at GU for this one, as it had the most bland humans I have ever seen in the genre. If you're going to have them, make them interesting

Don't
- The same bad guy. I've noticed that there is a tendency to go and make either MechaGodzilla, MechaKingGhidorah, or SpaceGodzilla as the main baddy. For some new variety, maybe make each little arc have a different boss creature. Aliens have to go and fight Biollante as the last boss, mechs must take down Destroyah with the assistance of a previously thought threat, more natural kaiju going against the aliens in a Destroy All Monstera scenario, more rougeish kaiju fighting one or more of the Earth Defense Mechs and machines

-simple reskins: If you're going to have more than one of a monster, make them unique. Like have 54 Godzilla have a more fire looking breath as it did in film, have 2014 goji's tail and spines light up before firing, different abilities for the Gigans, etc. Bland copies get boring after time.
Added! Thank you!
Birdman wrote:Should we make a roster of the monsters for this ideal Godzilla fighting game?
Yeah. You guys should do that. It would help let the developer know who we want in.

Also, let's just hope that we can still have as many monsters as we did in Unleashed without having them all suck.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

toho_guy01 wrote:I'd like to get a chance to fight as Varan, King Casear, and Titanosaurus
Uh.... You do know that the Wii version of Unleashed you can play as them right?
Yes, I do. I also know that it's nearly impossible to get a decently priced used copy of said game anywhere, as it was made in 2008 ish. I'm looking for a copy.

Well, for a roster, here's a couple of ideas I've had. I am roughly basing these off of the factions of unleashed, just for easier organization. If there's questions for choices, I can explain each decision.

Natural Earth Kaiju: These are more neutral to mankind or more friendly.
Godzilla: A few different versions, preferably 54, Heisei Conglomertage, 2000, and 2014
Rodan
Anguirus
Mothra
Gorosaurus
Sandra
King Caesar
Titanosaurus
Biollante

Chaotic Monsters : Creatures who've spent more time being against humanity, each with an ulterior motive of their own
Gaira
Manda
Baragon: Either here or in Natural Earth kaiju
Varan
Kumonga
Kamacuras
Gabara
Gezora
Battra
Destroyah
Dagahra
Megaguirus
Zilla

EDF Weapons: Machines built by man to defend themselves from the threat of kaiju attacks
Mechani-Kong
Mecha-King Ghidorah
MechaGodzilla 2: with ability to become Super MechaGodzilla
Kiryu
MOGUERA
Super X-3
Atragon

Aliens: Kaiju from space, either arriving on their own or sent to the planet, who wish to conquer the planet
King Ghidorah
Hedorah
Gigan
Megalon
MechaGodzilla
SpaceGodzilla
Desghidorah
Orga

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Earth Defenders:
Godzilla: 2002(default skin), 1975(unlockable), 1991/94 Hybrid(option to transform into Burning Godzilla when low on health)(unlockable)
Rodan: Showa/Millenium Hybrid with Heisei's Uranium Beam
Anguirus: Showa(can use Millennium's Thunderball attack)
Mothra: 2001(default), 1992(unlockable), 2003/4(unlockable) (Mothra can transform from Larvae to Imago when low on health)
Gorosaurus
Kumonga: (This character is unlockable)
Kamacuras: 1967/2004 Hybrid (unlockable
Manda: (This character is unlockable)
Battra: (unlike Mothra, Battra can switch between Larvae and Imago at any time)(unlockable)
Baragon: 2001 with 1965's heat ray(This character is unlockable!
Varan: (This character is unlockable)
Biollante: (This character is unlockable)
King Caesar: 1974
Zilla: 2004(default),1998 with Zilla Jr.'s Nuclear Fire Breath (This character is unlockable)
Mechagodzilla 2: (Can transform into Super Mechagodzilla when low on health)
MOGUERA: (This character is unlockable)
Super X: Super X (unlockable) Super X-2 (default), Super X-3 (unlockable)
Kiryu: 2002 (default), 2003
Atragon: (Earth Destroyers boss)
Gotengo: (Earth Destroyers boss)
Mothra Leo: (Earth Destroyers final boss)

Earth Destroyers:
King Ghidorah: Showa(default), Heisei(unlockable), Mecha-King Ghidorah(unlockable)
Gigan: 2004(default)(option to start off normal or modified), 1972(unlockable)
Megalon
Hedorah: (unlockable) (Flying form is Earth Defenders boss)
Mechagodzilla: 1974 with 1974 and 1975 powers
Orga
SpaceGodzilla: (unlockable) (Flying form is Earth Defenders boss)
Titanosaurus: (unlockable)
Megaguirus: (unlockable)
Monster X: (unlockable) (can transform into Keizer Ghidorah when low on health)
Destroyah
Ebirah
Desghidorah
Dagahra
Bagan: (Earth Defenders final boss)

DLC:
M.U.T.O(Earth Destroyers): Male(default), female (comes with Godzilla 2014 skin for Godzilla)
Hyper Mecha King Ghidorah(Earth Defenders):(comes with King Ghidorah 2001 skin for King Ghidorah)
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

BurningGMK54
Monsterland Worker

Post by BurningGMK54 »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
  • Add Characters that have small/no movesets.
Characters like Giant Octopus, Giant Condor and Ebirah all have one thing in common: They all don't really have any moves that would work. Fanmade Godzilla Game "Daikaiju Battle Royale" employed characters that literally only have two/three moves.
Don't add in characters that wouldn't have very deep movesets. I'm looking at you, Ebirah.
Sorry but I disagree with this statement. I personally think that any monster can work in a fighting game as long as the developer is competent enough. A good example would be Mothra Larvae from Godzilla: Save the Earth. Mothra Larvae would normally be the kind of character that wouldn't fit in a fighting game yet Pipeworks managed to give her a decent moveset. Even with that said there's nothing wrong with taking a few liberties with a character to make them work. A great example of this would be 90s MechaGodzilla from Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters for the SNES. 90s MechaGodzilla did absolutely no T&C whatsoever in his film yet Alfa System managed to give him very efficient melee moves and even made his rage attack completely all melee.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

BurningGMK54 wrote: Sorry but I disagree with this statement. I personally think that any monster can work in a fighting game as long as the developer is competent enough. A good example would be Mothra Larvae from Godzilla: Save the Earth. Mothra Larvae would normally be the kind of character that wouldn't fit in a fighting game yet Pipeworks managed to give her a decent moveset. Even with that said there's nothing wrong with taking a few liberties with a character to make them work. A great example of this would be 90s MechaGodzilla from Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters for the SNES. 90s MechaGodzilla did absolutely no T&C whatsoever in his film yet Alfa System managed to give him very efficient melee moves and even made his rage attack completely all melee.
Of course. That's not what I was saying though.
I was saying "Don't add in characters that you can't see having a moveset." This means if you can give them a moveset, then add them in.
If you can't see a moveset work for said character, don't add them. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't want a monster that has three moves. Punch, kick, and punchkick.