Where should he stand? (Hero or Villain)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures Godzilla franchise.

What role should Godzilla play?

A hero.
6%
A threat to the world.
17%
A potential ally.
9%
An anti-hero.
63%
Other (please specify).
6%

Total votes : 54

Re: GODZILLA: HERO or VILLAIN?

Postby Desolation MM » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Anti-Hero like Heisei and early Showa. Should have motivation beyond that of a normal animal (looking at you Millennium films except GMK), but not so much on a human level.
Desolation MM
The Great One

Postby KaneLocke » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Definately looking for the Heisei anti-hero. The idea that he doesn't give a shit about humanity, but the fact that this is HIS territory and anyhow who stomps on it is getting a stomping themselves.
Proud father, husband, and son.

http://www.gofundme.com/three-families#
KaneLocke
EDF Soldier

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:41 pm

I made a thread containing the same question:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1836

That being said, I want Godzilla to be an anti-hero. For him to be entirely evil is not something I think can be done as well as in GMK.
Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Oh wait, that was just Elizabeth Olsen.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Cinematic Kaiju » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:25 pm

He should definitely be what he was in the heisei era. I think the majority of us have already agreed upon that.
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger
Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:07 pm

As long as he's a douche-bag who destroys cities and kicks other monsters' asses... I'm good.
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Bluezilla » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 pm

He should be neutral till he's attacked by the military which makes him angry . Then we should see an evil glint
in his eyes as he annihilates whatever city he's in.
Bluezilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:That being said, I want Godzilla to be an anti-hero. For him to be entirely evil is not something I think can be done as well as in GMK.

The best Godzilla is an antihero Godzilla. If we are getting a multimonster film, I can near gurantee thats the Big G we will see.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Zilla103192 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

i dont want him to be the hero, villian or anti-hero...

i want Godzilla (as well as the other monter(s)) to not really notice the humans, and only focus on each other. if attacked by the military, they blow them off and continue with their doings.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:28 pm

To be honest I think the antihero thing has gotten kind of stale. Whether he's good or bad I don't think there should be an inbetween. But liked I said before I'd like to see him start off somewhat Mothra vs. Godzilla then head towards Ghidorah territory.
One more week 'til Halloween,
Halloween, Halloween.
One more week 'til Halloween,
Silver Shamrock

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 am

I want Godzilla to start with a ''Return Of Godzilla'''s behavior and then slowly change into Godzilla vs Monster Zero's territory.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1
shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Desolation MM » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:14 pm

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:I want Godzilla to start with a ''Return Of Godzilla'''s behavior and then slowly change into Godzilla vs Monster Zero's territory.

So... you want Godzilla to a ruthless, destructive animal that shows no mercy?
That then starts to dance?
Desolation MM
The Great One

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Personally, I kind of liked the way Godzilla 2000 did it. Flawed, but its a good transition from monster to hero.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Monster Master wrote:So... you want Godzilla to a ruthless, destructive animal that shows no mercy?

YES! Nobody will ever see it coming! And it says something to me... something so... deep. It shows that even the toughest creatures have the heart of a child lurking somewhere inside them. DAMN THAT'S DEEP!

TEEHEE :D
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 pm

Monster Master wrote:
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:I want Godzilla to start with a ''Return Of Godzilla'''s behavior and then slowly change into Godzilla vs Monster Zero's territory.

i didn't said that i want him to dance but to turns slowly into a more gentle creature.

shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Kubo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:37 am

I don't know if I ever like the idea of Godzilla being a villain when another monster is involved. In one way or the other, we all end up rooting for him and he still comes out to be a hero to the earth because he defeats the evil forces from elsewhere (cough, Godzilla Final Wars) So just let him be a hero and save us the trouble of having to call him a villain when he really isn't at this point.
"Spooky Scary Skeletons!"

Kubo
Dead Man Walking

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Ocean » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Monster Master wrote:

Yeah... I was wondering the same thing.

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:i didn't said that i want him to dance but to turns slowly into a more gentle creature.

I could see it I guess. Why?
Ocean
Samurai

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 am

I think Godzilla should be an agressive creature who wants to be let alone while the antagonist monster is a mean creature who kills humans deliberatly.

shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby W2daERN » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

I'd rather him start as a villain (destroying cities but not really caring about humans one way or the other), but then going up against a monster that poses a serious threat to the entire planet. Something that I want to be portrayed in this movie is the human cast being conflicted on whether to "root," per se, for Godzilla, since he killed so many people (possibly even tying into whether or not the US was really "good" in WWII since they dropped the atomic bombs). This all leading up to the Crowning Moment of Awesome (for the human characters) when the military decides to back up Godzilla.
My Fan Films:
Godzilla Awakening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GhDjsPvjY
Godzilla and Anguirus at the beach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiCIKCRxNk
Godzilla Alliance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZBf8jGfKo
W2daERN
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Silv » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:04 pm

It all depends to me. If this is just gonna be a one shot deal movie, like with 1998 Godzilla, I probably won't care too much for it, as it would take a full series to really make an impact. I personally wish that they would have finished the Millenium Series before cutting it off and starting Final Wars. I really wanted to see how the story was going to progress and whether Godzilla would finally turn good(and what they had in mind for that Godzilla DNA scene after the credits of Tokyo SOS). But alas, we will never know.

So seeing as this will definitely not be a continuation of the Mil series... well... if it's going to spawn a neiw series of films(which is what I'm praying for) then Godzilla HAS to start out as bad and then slowly turn good. Ooooor.... since we have seen that happen twice already(and was probably going to happen a third time if the M Series was properly finished), how about they throw a new curve ball at us. This time have Godzilla start out as a boy scout defender of Earth, and as the series progresses, through some catalyzing event, he gets pissed off with humanity for abusing him, and then turns on us, forcing us to have to create or turn to other kaiju to try and stop him. Eh? That would be a pretty fresh idea.
Silv
Ronin

Postby KaneLocke » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:25 pm

W2daERN wrote:I'd rather him start as a villain (destroying cities but not really caring about humans one way or the other), but then going up against a monster that poses a serious threat to the entire planet. Something that I want to be portrayed in this movie is the human cast being conflicted on whether to "root," per se, for Godzilla, since he killed so many people (possibly even tying into whether or not the US was really "good" in WWII since they dropped the atomic bombs). This all leading up to the Crowning Moment of Awesome (for the human characters) when the military decides to back up Godzilla.

In other words, Godzilla 2000 with some Godzilla vs. Destroyah for flavoring.
Proud father, husband, and son.

http://www.gofundme.com/three-families#
KaneLocke
EDF Soldier

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 pm

W2daERN wrote:I'd rather him start as a villain (destroying cities but not really caring about humans one way or the other), but then going up against a monster that poses a serious threat to the entire planet. Something that I want to be portrayed in this movie is the human cast being conflicted on whether to "root," per se, for Godzilla, since he killed so many people (possibly even tying into whether or not the US was really "good" in WWII since they dropped the atomic bombs). This all leading up to the Crowning Moment of Awesome (for the human characters) when the military decides to back up Godzilla.

That was my point! :D

shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Legendary Series (2014-Current)