ScootaVaran wrote:DragonBall Evolution anyone?
*projectile vomits 30 feet into the air and dies in a diarrhea induced coma*
THAT was a horrible film, it made Power Ranged look like Lord of the Rings.
Back on topic, here are my biggest fears:
1. In the style of DBE, a film that is constantly getting thrown back in development hell before turning into a low budget, badly written flop
2. A Final Wars/Revenge of the Fallen style film (or anything like the Bayformers franchise)
3. A gothic uber dark film that would make Tim Burton blush
4. A sappy "family" film. I don't want a rated R film either, maybe something with a "hard" PG 13 rating, especially in terms of violence
5. Another GINO, stripping Godzilla of all his classic traits to make a "realistic" monster. Now I'm definitely for a slimmer, more life like Godzilla, but I DON'T want an anorexic velociraptor with maple leaf spines. Godzilla should be slimmer, maybe have some more dinosaurian features here and there, but should definitely stand in a humanoid posture.
6. On the opposite end of another GINO, a purist film. What I mean is a film that is a carbon copy of the TOHO films. While I don't want to see another Zilla, I don't want to see a Heisei or GMK style Godzilla. I'm sick of people arguing that lard equals power and that rubber suits are the only way to keep the character of Godzilla intact. I know a lot of people hate the Final Wars design, but I'm definitely hoping we get something along those lines. In terms of effects, I want to see Godzilla portrayed through motion capture ala Peter Jackson's Kong.